Partway through the tutorial Unity changed the capitalization of the word "gameObject" in just this one "if statement". Started off as "if (other.gameObject == player)" and then in a later editing session of the tutorial the line reads "if (other.GameObject == player)". This causing compile errors and makes most all scripts in the game not be applied to game objects, they pop up a window that reads. “Cant add script behavior ***************. The script needs to derive from MonoBehaviour!” I don't know if this was an intentional thing by unity, but its cost me 2 days trying to figure out what i did wrong and as a beginner with no coding experience this was rough. So i didn't do anything wrong i was just following Unity's bad instructions.