Search Unity

Looking For Contributor 3D Artist (modelling, rigging, texturing etc) wanted for Unity Hobby Project with console ambitions.

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by andypett, Nov 10, 2022.

1. andypett

andypett

Did you love games like “Little Nightmares”, “Inside”, “Lost in Random”, and “Tom Clancy's Whatever”?
    Well then chances are you will like this game.

This game is visually highly inspired by Tim Burton and the beforementioned games, combined with gameplay elements from a Tom Clancy game I recently played but forgot the name to.

The visual inspiration for the game
    The very, very short brief
    The game is a 3rd person shooter with tactical elements so you have to plan out your actions before you take them. Coming from the movie industry, I believe in good stories, and the story drives the game just as much as gameplay does.

Actual screenshot from the prototype. The mouse character will be replaced.
    The GDD
    Yes, there is one.
    I am actually using codedecks.com, and my background in movie production as well as software development has taught me to be pretty organized even though I am both lazy and easily distracted. (Lazy in terms of “I hate doing the same thing twice”, but I don't mind working 16 hour days).

The concept design for the player character.
    What's in it for the 3D Artist?
    Well, I do sort of specialize in taking something from nothing and making it profitable. I've never done that in the game industry though, so I make no guarantees. But we're not completely new to the concept of making money on projects other people have said was impossible to pull off.

I do have high hopes that we will be able to make a little something when selling the game and that it will be worth the hours put in. However, if financials is your greatest motive, this is not the project for you.

Of any revenue we do make, you will get your equal share of that. We may at some point include more people, and we will discuss, as partners, how to deal with profit sharing then.

Also, I think we can have a really good time making this, and it will (hopefully) be something that we can use on our resume to make even greater games in the future. Who knows, maybe we'll have a fully operating game studio in a few years. Are we looking at one of the managing partners of that studio?

Fraggles. Just because I loved them when I was 2 years old. Has nothing to do with the project.
    What am I looking for?
    I would like to work with someone who can make high quality 3D art (both items and characters - maybe we need more than one 3D artist?) in the Tim Burtonesque style I'm envisioning, and do so in as effective manner as possible. We will have weekly (or maybe twice a week?) meetings to plan iterations for each aspect of the game, but since this is a hobby project it is fully acceptable to say “I have 0 time this week".
    I do, however, want to work with someone who is willing to put in some time, at least a few hours every week to get this game running.

So if this sounds interesting, I'd love to talk to you and see if we make a good match. It could be the beginning of a very beautiful story.