Search Unity

3D animation help

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Jeea84, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Jeea84

Jeea84

Hello
    I have a 3D character that has every animation except the jump. I've been trying nonstop since yesterday to try and make one myself, but I just can not understand the so many bones and joints and how to change their positions and rotations.... It's been very frustrating. So far I was trying to work on Unity Animator clip window. No success. I also tried the UMotion Pro, but I'm unable to grasp the steps required for it. I'm not an animator and I know I can't do this, but I still keep trying.
    If anyone can tell me a better, easier tool to use I'll appreciate that. Better yet, if you're willing to make the jump animation for me, I'm happy to pay you for your service.
    Please help out. Thank you.

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Hand-making animations is difficult stuff. Even if you understand the technical side of things, getting the animation to actually look natural is very difficult.

Have you tried mixamo.com? They have tons of free animations you can use. I'm sure there's a "jump" animation you could use there.

The one potentially confusing detail is whether you've set up your character model's rig as Humanoid of Generic. To use mixamo animations, you should generally make sure your rig is Humanoid, otherwise you'll need to rename either the bones or the animation property names to make sure they're an exact match, which is tedious.

Jeea84 likes this.
  3. Jeea84

Jeea84

Hey, thanks for replying so fast...
    I've tried Mixamo of course, but my character is a four legged animal - a deer to be exact...
    Well I'm going to mark this question as resolved now because I've already managed to make my deer jump. I used UMotion Pro, had to fight for more time than I though I was capable of, but I did it. I just finished a minute ago. :)

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Aye cool. I'm glad to see you succeeded.