Search Unity

3D Adventure Game Kit - Official Launch Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanDawid, Dec 22, 2021.

1. JanDawid

JanDawid

[ASSET STORE LINK]

-

The 3D Adventure Game Kit is my latest asset. You may remember my Third Person Game Foundation Kit which this asset has learned a lot from and is intended to be a much more focused and well-rounded game kit for 3D Adventure games. This kit can be used for more than just adventure games, but contains your typical adventure game features with tools and prefabs to create your own puzzles, NPC interactions, and much more.

Using this kit you will be able to integrate your own character models and animations and start building your game right away.
    ★Characters are ready to go with a variety of actions for general platforming to accommodate for more complex terrain geometry, in addition to environment interactions such as swimming in water, climbing ladders, and riding on moving and spinning platforms.
    ★Multiple playable characters, with the option to switch between them in real-time. No multiplayer functionality currently.
    ★Customise characters to be of different shapes and sizes.
    ★Integrate with Rewired or use the built-in Untiy Input Manager.
    ★Extensive and comprehensive online User Manual.
    ★An intelligent camera system that keeps track of your character as they run around corners and press up against walls. Collision detection and whiskering will keep your character in sight!
    ★Multiple camera modes to switch between for different perspectives and gameplay opportunities.
    ★Pick up and carry objects, push large blocks of various sizes, press switches, open treasure chests, go through doors, smash creates, cut grass, and much more.
    ★Swap in your own art assets over the provided prefabs to make them your own.
    ★Common HUD elements such as health hearts, magic meters, wallet counters, timers, item hotkeys, and a context-sensitive action button.
    ★Connect your various scenes using the world streaming system and create sub-rooms for each scene with the ability to reset puzzles within each room.
    ★A loading and saving system to keep track of and persist your characters in the game world that you create.
    ★The Game Event system allows you to create sequenced events that are used for object interactions, NPCs, interactive shops, cutscenes, scene and room transitions, and anything else you can imagine.
    ★A versatile inventory system to house an infinite arsenal of weapons and items.
    ★Create your own wacky and creative items for the character to use.
    ★Various item types for specific purposes such as standard weapons, gear, storage bottles, instruments for learning and playing songs with custom effects, trading items, consumables for item ammo, and upgrades.
    ★Health, attack, and shield colliders for a modular combat system that can be used for combat purposes between characters and enemies, as well as item interactivity with world objects.
    ★Use different materials for different ground types to have custom effects on your character.
    ★Combine different systems and tools to create new ideas.

This kit is designed to cut time out of your game's development cycle by not needing to implement all of the basic fundamentals so that you can start creating your ideas on a solid foundation. It is not intended to replace any potential coding and I heavily recommend having basic Unity knowledge and C# skills to make the most of this kit and use it to its full potential. There is a learning curve to using this kit and may not be for everyone, so be sure to look over the following documents:

Documentation (Kit overview and outline)

User Manual

Informative Trailer

You can even try out a Downloadable Standalone Demo to traverse through an entire dungeon that brings together all of the concepts and systems available in this kit. Note: There is currently only gamepad support.

I hope that this kit is exactly what you're looking for! You can always reach me on my support email (yandawidgames@gmail.com) and I'm open to feedback for improvements, fixes, and new potential features for future versions.

I'm excited to see what everyone can make with this.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. neekoolos

neekoolos

Hello I will be purchasing this very soon! (hopefully it goes on sale hehe)

Is there a save system included? Saving and loading progress is always one of the hardest things for me to figure out.

Thank you for this awesome kit!

JanDawid likes this.
  3. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hi neekoolos! Thank you for your interest in the kit. :) Yes, data saving and loading are present features in this kit. They currently work using the PlayerPrefs system but this can simply be customised to use other methods if PlayerPrefs are insufficient.
    The kit saves progress data such as character position, current room, current scene, items collected, health, money, and more! You can take a look at this section of the User Manual to start with.

4. w409544041

w409544041

Hi,will this plugin will do the game like https://store.steampowered.com/app/692850/Bloodstained_Ritual_of_the_Night/?l=schinese

5. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hi there! It is definitely possible with a good understanding of the kit and some good programming and Unity 3D knowledge on your part. This kit should be able to handle a lot of the core fundamentals such as basic movement, combat, health, score, timers, and some of the camera movement.
    You'll likely need to add your own tweaks to make the camera lock in certain areas, or maybe use your own camera system altogether. With my kit, it's possible to follow the camera from a side-on perspective, but a game like this likely uses a more 2D-specific camera controller (adjusting to level screen boundaries). You will also want to make certain adjustments to the character controls for that sharp, arcade-style platformer movement, but it's definitely possible to use a lot of the features in this kit to save you time making a game like this.

6. w409544041

w409544041

Hi,Thanks for your nice reply.
    For the Bloodstained_Ritual_of_the_Night style,the hard core is combat systtem,like weapon system,like ability system,etc.i can code.i known unity for years,just need a stable foundation to hold that.if
    3D Adventure Game Kit can do this,i wll definitely buy it.

7. w409544041

w409544041

8. JanDawid

JanDawid

I would suggest looking through the Documentation and the User Manual yourself to ensure that this kit has all of the functionality you require as I can't guess exactly what you'll need a kit for in this specific project. This kit is good for managing basic game fundamentals like health, mana, currencies, inventories, dialogue boxes, cutscene sequences, and foundational combat elements (hit-boxes and combatant entities). All of the stuff you mentioned can be built on top of this, but for game-specific design choices, it'll fall on you to code in the specific character abilities etc. that you want in your game. My kit just gives you foundational things to work with to save you time.
    The character and camera controls included with my kit are just a starting point in terms of the game mechanics you might expect from a game.

Regarding Emerald AI, I have managed to actually integrate it somewhat with the combatant system in this kit in another project I'm working on. You'll basically just need to set up your Emerald AI entities in the standard way, and then assign them the appropriate combatant components that come with this kit. Then, have the resulting Unity Events make calls to the Emerald AI system. You might need to disable some of the built-in health elements of the Emerald AI system so that it doesn't conflict with the one from this kit. A good understanding of both plugins is key.

9. w409544041

w409544041

Thanks for your reply,i am very satisfied , there is no question left now.Just for curious,Dose AGK have RoadMap?Or what is plan in this year?Or Future?i dont need a detailed release time,just a plan or ideas,thanks for your reply again.

10. JanDawid

JanDawid

In its current Version 1.0 state, it is complete with all of the features planned having been implemented. I will only make future versions based on bug reports (none of which have been brought to my attention) and new ideas that are getting requested by customers. As it stands, it does everything I wanted it to do and so it is complete.
    If I'm getting multiple requests for specific plugin integrations, or new feature ideas, then I'll consider them and, if enough people want these things, then I'll add them in.

w409544041 likes this.
  11. w409544041

w409544041

12. JanDawid

JanDawid

There's no integration process outlined for this asset but it should be possible to integrate. My kit does use a very simplistic animator; like Animancer mentions, a lot of things can go wrong with the Unity mechanim system so, the Animators used by the characters supplied in my asset, are mostly just isolated animation states and blendtrees with very few transitions between any of them. All transitions are handled by code, and most (if not all) animations are handled through the AnimationController script so, if you want, you can likely use this script to interact with the Animancer plugin. I can't guarantee this though as I haven't tested with this particular asset myself.

w409544041 likes this.
  13. w409544041

w409544041

seems doable,i can code.so if you communicate animator in one scritpt like AnimationController,i can easyly override it.
    maybe you can add the interface like IAnimationController, i just implement that,will shortly support animancer with no pain.

14. w409544041

w409544041

15. JanDawid

JanDawid

I think the only exceptions to that are the animator state checks in the character controller script, but they can easily be adjusted to suit Animancer too. A simple Ctrl+Shift+F will do to find all instances of the animator references.

For the Easy Character Movement 2 plugin, it's entirely possible to integrate this too, however there are systems within my kit that reference specific functions in the character controller I have included. If you understand the code well enough you can change these areas to reference similar functions in that plugin instead, but it might be a lot of work. I can consider making some kind of character controller interface class so that you can "re-wire" the functions a bit to suit other plugins.

w409544041 likes this.
  16. Mythran

Mythran

Hello is the ladder system make with ik for both hands and feet? I can't test the demo you provided. It seems to work only with a controller...
    Also, does it work with more recent versions of unity?