Search Unity

Utilities (3D , 2D , PRO) Radar Builder 2022

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Ruchmair, Dec 5, 2015.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

Awesome thanks man!

2. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

3. radiantboy

radiantboy

Do these new updates include the fixes you did to help me with my muzzle flash issue? ie, some blips not showing sometimes.. almost seems like its come back since upgrading.

4. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

They do,this remains unchanged from the last update so it should run the same.

do you still see this block of code ?

Code (CSharp):
    1.       if (item.RadarObjectToTrack.Count > trackedObjectCount)
    2.                 {
    3.                     var difCount = item.RadarObjectToTrack.Count - trackedObjectCount;
    4.                     for (int x = 0; x < difCount; x++)
    5.                     {
    6.                         Destroy(item.RadarObjectToTrack[x].gameObject);
    7.                         item.RadarObjectToTrack[x] = null;
    9.                     }
    10.                     item.RadarObjectToTrack.RemoveAll(x => x == null);
    11.                 }

5. radiantboy

radiantboy

Yep that's still there, no worries for now. Other thing, is there a way to not have a blip rotate at all, I just want it to always be unrotated, but still coming up on radar. Unticking track rotation doesnt do it because it still sort of rotates around the player. Also im finding some settings dont seem to update during runtime (scale works but not others), which makes it slow to test ideas, are they all supposed to work during runtime?

Thanks for the help, I love this radar.

6. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Try turning on Track Rotation and then freezing the x ,y and z rotations. that will stop any and all blip rotations .

As for runtime value setting,
    Yeah, some other values are to just be set in editor only so that the values are continuously set at run time when the editor is open.

radiantboy likes this.
  7. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

I totally forgot to include two lines of code which caused an error when deleting blips that use tracking lines.
    fixed it now

radiantboy likes this.
  8. radiantboy

radiantboy

Can you try see if you can get a blip to not rotate? still unable to get that, I want like a google pin that doesnt rotate at all

9. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

One moment. I will try it using Rotation Targets

10. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Code (CSharp):
    1.                 if (item.RadarObjectToTrack.Count > trackedObjectCount)
    2.                 {
    3.                     var difCount = item.RadarObjectToTrack.Count - trackedObjectCount;
    5.                     for (int x = 0; x < difCount; x++)
    6.                     {
    7.                         Destroy(item.RadarObjectToTrack[x].gameObject);
    8.                         item.RadarObjectToTrack[x] = null;
    9.                         if (item.UseTrackingLine)
    10.                         {
    11.                             Destroy(item.TrackingLineObject[x].gameObject);
    12.                             item.TrackingLineObject[x] = null;
    13.                         }
    15.                     }
    16.                     item.RadarObjectToTrack.RemoveAll(x => x == null);
    17.                     if(item.UseTrackingLine)
    18.                     item.TrackingLineObject.RemoveAll(x => x == null);
    19.                 }
    Here is the update the the code i game you before

I forgot to also remove the racking lines. This must have been causing errors for other people , no wonder my reviews were getting bad but nobody let me know about it and i didn't find it during texting until today :(

Hmm I am currently making my blip not rotate by either not using rotation, which keeps the blip at 0.0.0

or by turning on Use Custom Rotation and setting a fixed rotation

or by using trak rotaion and freexing the x y z axis

or by using Rotation Target in the Designs tab to Rotate Instanced Bip "your target tag name" (proportional or inverse) to (some target). But this doesn't really matter since you will freeze the x y z rotation in the Rotation Target anyway

11. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

The update containing this and another update is now on the AssetStore

radiantboy likes this.
  12. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks man, great support.

Ruchmair likes this.
  13. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Sale on PRO Radar Builder. 50% off :)

14. amynox

amynox

Hi,

First of all thank you for this great asset ! it's really the best in the asset store (i tried them all :) )

I have couple of questions :

1- my game integrates Day/Night cycle, is there a way to prevent minimap/camera (i'm using the RT way) to be affected by this day/night (light) cycle ? I want the minimap to be always "bright" (in day mode).
    2- There is a way to prevent minimap/camera from rendering Shadows ?

Thank you

15. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

i just replied to you via email :)

16. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

17. radiantboy

radiantboy

Sometimes I see the radar in my actual game, is there a way to change where it appears? im guessing it sits at 0,0,0

18. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

positioning in screen space ?
    the default position is in the lower left of the screen. use snap positioning with offset or manual positioning

19. radiantboy

radiantboy

no i mean in the world space itself, sometimes i can physically see it from my game camera, and it moves aroudn etc

20. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

You want to know if you can change where it appears. When you first create a Radar it appears at 0,0,0 and when in world space it is just another gameobject ,you can position it however you want , same as you would position a cube or sphere. Same if it is in local space

is this what you wanted to know ?

21. radiantboy

radiantboy

Yes thanks, I will move it somewhere else :)

22. amynox

amynox

Hi,
    I just upgraded my project using 2D radar to URP. Seems like multicamera setup for 2D radar or minimap shader are breaking the project. Do you have any guidnace on how to use 2d radar with URP ? (should i switch to camera stacking ?)

EDIT: Changing "Radar - Render Camera" to Overlay and adding it to MainCamera Stack was the way to go ;)

Thank you

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  23. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Hi , yeah use stacking. It gives more options now . i guess that's cool.

amynox likes this.
  24. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Using camera stacking in Unity 2020

25. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

50% OFF on all Radar Builders

26. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

hate way materials turn pink when importing in a project that uses URP and how layer data is lost after import. makes me sad .man

radiantboy likes this.
  27. radiantboy

radiantboy

How do I set the Pro Radar Player prefab from code?
    Also my UI is still messed up see this, any thoughts? https://imgur.com/F677Vex

28. radiantboy

radiantboy

I found that with some very expensive packs I bought, makes them unusable, did you ever find a way around it?

29. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

that is very messed up . is this the newest import ?

In the ProRadarBuilderEditor.cs at line 1111 do you see
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  if (_Blip.Value.BlipSprite)

I haven't tried to look to deep into it , it could further complicate things.

30. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Oh the prefab would just be part of your blip or is your blip and it does its thing when told to, that's best way.

btw this is for PRO radar builder, right ?

31. radiantboy

radiantboy

I see that line at 1104, so maybe older one (though ive added some null checks probably as i see them coming out). Yes this is for proradar.

What I want to do is replace the object in the centre of the radar at run time (I have 3 different characters you can swap between and radar needs to update when i swap)

edit:so is there a way?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  32. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Oh, yeah you would just change your player characters tag when you switch players.

33. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

You could even have an empty gameobject on each player just for the radar to read , and you switch around the tags of the empty gameobject at runtime.

34. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

I. Am an idiot Don't mind the previous reply.
    Just reference the radar then the center object and set the game Object. Not at my computer. Wil show the code later.

35. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

here you go

_3DRarar._RadarCenterObject3D.CenterObject = your_gameonject.transform;

36. WayneVenter

WayneVenter

@DaiMangou is there a way to make the blips always face you? I tried Rotation Targets and added a Instanced Blip with "Enemy" in the input field and then to track the main camera, but only the first Enemy blip rotates, all other blips tagged as enemy don't rotate to face the camera.

37. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Sure, if you use the rotation target you will get only the first found target matching the criteria.

The better way is make the enemy blips a prefab and add a script to it to tell it to look at the Radar CenterObject.

Sure i could make the rotation target run for all blips but i haven't done that since the above method is nicer since no hardcoded for loop is required

38. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi,

I am having a slight issue with the 3D radar builder, and I'd like to get some advice on it.

I am using unity 2020.2, but I am using an older version (much older, I think?) of 3D radar builder, hopefully that isn't the cause of this issue, since upgrading now may be difficult.

The issue is simply that the radar "blip" objects are leaving the bounds of the radar itself, as shown in this image:

https://i.imgur.com/uuRM12P.jpg

The "Beta-3" radar object is leaving the actual bound of the radar world object.

I can fix this by adjusting the tracking bounds and scene scale options, but I need to do this continually as the object gets further and further from the ship.

Is there some way to automatically hide radar objects that go beyond a certain distance from the radar center?

39. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Yeah, it does look like you are using one of the oldest versions. Updating should not break your system.
    AI have done several hundred updates since those old versions , there are definitely bugs in the old version.

auto hiding is a general function. you will need to update

40. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi, I updated my version of the radar builder to the latest version, and you were right, it didn't break anything, which was a relief!

I think the issue that I had before is that "mouselook" in the DaiMangou radar asset clashes with "mouselook" in the unity standard assets, this time, I simply disabled the import of mouselook and I didn't have that problem. It might be a good idea to rename your mouselook script to something unique, to avoid clashes, since I think a lot of users use the unity standard assets?

Updating the radar builder still didn't solve the issue though, the AI entities are still appearing outside the radar bounds.

I could fix this, as I said, by adjusting the tracking bounds, etc, but in my project I am allowing the player to dynamically change the tracking bounds in real time, to adjust the scale of the radar objects, etc.

Is there some way to automatically hide the objects when they leave the radar bounds, even though they may still be in the scene, and within the radar scan range?

41. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

ahhh, I see the MouseLook standard asset script. got it

When blips are displayed outside of the bounds of the sprite , they are inside of the tracking bounds but outside of the sprite so the sprite diameter and tracking bounds diameter should be the same. You can sale the radar itself after.

The blips will automatically hide too since they cannot b displayed outside of the tracking bounds.

This shoud take about 30 seconds to do: create a new 3D Radar , delete the render camera that it generates, set your AI blip and click play and see if it is outside of the tracking bounds. Adjust you settings for your main Radar.

yeah just use a prefab blip , the blip will read info from the objects it represents.

this code example would then tell the prefab blips to enable and disable the sprite renderer etc

Code (CSharp):
    1. For(int i=0;i <radar.Blips[index of blip type].RadarObjectsToTrack.Count;i++)
    2. {
    3. Var theBlip = radar.Blips[index of blip type].RadarObjectToTrack[I];
    5. Var theTrackedGameObject = radar.Blips[index of blip type].gos[I];
    7. theBlip.GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().enabled = false or true
    8. }

42. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Thanks for your reply.

I created a new radar, and the issue still occurred even with that, so I'm guessing that I must be doing something odd on my end?

I ended up just adding a distance check in 3DRadar.cs that automatically sets the radar and the tracking line to hidden if the distance is more than a certain amount. This is a bit of a hack, but surprisingly, it actually works really well!

43. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

hi hi

Was this just the default radar with only your blip type added (maybe some scene scale value adjustments).

what you are seeing is indicating that if distance is > scene scale calculation = blip must show. since launch, this is the only report ive ever gotten about this kind of thing , hmmm

try this . save your project, make a new scene,
    create a 3D radar and click play.

if that is fine, exit playmode.

create a cube, give the cube a tag . add a blip , make it track the cube. Click play.

Go to the Designs tab of the radar builder editor. Turn on Visualize.

Drag the cube in the scene and look at the 3D Radar and tell me if the blip leaves the sphere (tracking bounds) and is still rendered.

this is being run in the main for loop. which is fine for now but will clash with function in the Optimization module depending on how you implemented it.

44. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Actually, just open an example scene and check it

45. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Thanks for your suggestions.

I can confirm that everything seems to work fine in the example scene, although that is with my code change applied.

However I'm pretty sure that the example scenes always worked, I never noticed any issues, so it must be something I am doing?

46. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

its certainly a setting,
    hmm , is Always Show Blips turned on ?

also (this is highly not likely the case) Is the pivot and center of your tracked gameobject at the same point in world space ?

47. radiantboy

radiantboy

Will there be an HDRP fix for this? seemsl ike hdrp breaks it.

48. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

in HDRP you would switch to camera stacking.
    it bothered me a bit but it turns out to be a easy setup

radiantboy likes this.
  49. Safwan69

Safwan69

how to setup this Pro Radar Builder for VR (Oculus Quest). can you help me?

50. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

i emailed you a moment ago