Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

HAP DOCUMENTATION
    ANIMAL DOCUMENTATION

(USING NOW THE NEW ANIMAL CONTROLLER)

Hey guys, I present to you Horse Animset Pro
    Current Version 4.0

Features HAP3
    Horse:
    • 80 Animations Clips
    • 4 Horse Styles (3 Realistic, Poly Art)
    • Several Textures Sets for each horse Style
    • LODs
    • Armor and Saddle
    • Unity Cloth Simulation for the Reins and Mane
    • Sounds
    • Basic Step System (Track Sound and Tracks particles )
    • Animal Controller for managing all Malbers Animations creatures
    • Abilities: Swim, Fall, Jump, Attack, Death, Walk, Trot, Canter, Gallop, Sprint
    • Directional Damage System
    • Camera Base Input
    • Terrain Alignment
    • Supports NavMesh Agents. Basic AI
    Rider:
    • 132 Animation Clips (Meant to be used with Humanoid Rigs for better compatibility)
    • Cowboy Model with 1 Texture Set
    • Rider System (TCP & FPS)
    • Rider Combat System: Bow, Pistol, Melee (next: Spear, Rifle, Magic Staff, Throwables)
    • Compatibility with mayors TCP Controllers on the Unity AssetStore (Ootii, Invector, Opsive)
    • Very very veeeery Basic Inventory system to demonstrate the compatibility of the Rider Combat System with external inventories.
    General:
    • Utility Scripts for making life much easier
      • Material Changer
      • Blend Shapes
      • Meshes Changer
      • Animator Message Behaviour
      • Animator Sound Behaviour
      • Head Track
    • Weapons(Models, Textures and Scripts)
    • Animal Basic AI
    • Camera Rig System with camera states.

I'm a big fan of high quality animations.

check the web demo here: http://bit.ly/HorsePro1
    Asset Store: https://goo.gl/Zrfvo7

HorseAnimSetPro.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Gozdek and hopeful like this.
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Nice job. Added to my whish list

Malbers likes this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Very nice animation and controller.

Death - get shot
    Running - somersault death
    More idles - shake main, swat fly with tail, throw head back, eating head up and down
    Several optional runs would be nice - trot, faster run with ears pinned back and head/neck straighter

Malbers likes this.
  4. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks theANMATOR2b , Im putting them on the next animation list!! cheers

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

Animations for a winged horse sound like a great addition to me.

TheWarper, theANMATOR2b and Malbers like this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys, These are the new features for the next update I just Upload.
    I used the 3rd person controller that comes with the Stantards assets to test the mount and unmount animation but you can use your own. (In the future I will make my own with my animations better animations)
    This time I focused on the programming to get the best mounting experience.

(Waiting for the Assetstore's aproval)

Current Update (Programming)
    V 1.5

-Mounting/ Unmounting Animations.
    -Mounting Logic
    -Unmounting Logic
    -Multiple Horse mounting/Unmounting Logic.
    -IK Feet Corrections when the riders is Mounting/ Unmounting.
    -Horse Collider Logic, for jumping and colliding with small, medium, and big objects.
    -Adjustable Turning speed.
    -Smart Stop when is galloping and founds a big obstacle.
    -Cleaner Animations
    -Cleaner and commented Scripts.

NEXT UPDATE (Design)
    -more animations (Thats easy ;;))
    -more horse styles (cartoon, poly art, minecraft style) undead, fire, stone, water horse maybe? you ask
    -armor and props.

meanwhile you can test the web demo here!!
    http://bit.ly/HorsePro1

Horse 1.5.jpg

I just lov great animations
    https://goo.gl/uJ70wt

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    montyfi and theANMATOR2b like this.
  7. Malbers

Malbers

Version 1.5.1
    Added Basic Mobile Controls. with the Standart Assets

8. Artini

Artini

This is an excellent package, but after the last update (1.5.1)
    the cowboy in the demo scene does not move (only rotate)
    when pressed WASD or arrow buttons. Could you please fix it.

9. Malbers

Malbers

Damn errors!!!

When I added the Basic Mobile Controls some how when I updated the cowboy lose the avatar, thats why he does not move. MissingAvatar.jpg
    And the other Error was that Unity could'nt find the new Inputs
    Mount button

One, Two, Three MountButton.jpg

I hate when it Happen!!

Sorry for the inconvenience

I just realize that Editor/Project Settings/Input changes don't comes with the assets.

I double check everything!! and just
    sent the new Version.

Any issue yo guys find please let me know

Kind regards
    Malbers

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  10. hopeful

hopeful

Looking forward to the flying horse, if that's still on the radar. :)

Malbers likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

yeah Pegasus is on plans, Im currently working on other asset, but I will always return to my first baby, when I finish my next asset I will update more animations, texures and models for the horse, for Update 2.0;
    then in update 3.0 Pegasus Will Born!! YAY!!!

Soo ... yeah that's still on the radar ;)

chelnok, montyfi and hopeful like this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Version 1.5.2 OUT!!

Minor issues fixed... the horse is running again!

victorkin11 and hopeful like this.
  13. Teila

Teila

I love this!

However, I have some animation requests before I buy it.

Any chance you can include grazing and maybe some sort of resting....standing and sleeping at the very least? I want to use them in a herd so need more than just idle.

Please let me know if this is something you would do and I will buy it now. lol

Thanks!

Malbers likes this.
  14. sowatnow

sowatnow

Great, I was looking for horse animations with rider and behold I found this thread by a chance. Going to purchase it now and will update you with feedback if there is any.

Cheers

P.S It's on Sale 50% off.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Malbers and hopeful like this.
  15. IndieScapeGames

IndieScapeGames

Dang, missed the sale.

Is this pack using Mecanim animations or Legacy, Generic, etc?

I have my human characters animated and am using Legacy animations and I would like to use the rider animations (as well as horse obviously) with my characters.

16. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

Looks great, and to echo ChadM's question, how retargetable are the Horse animations? I'd love to use the horse animations on a different custom horse model of mine, but I'd imagine that wouldn't really be possible as is?

Malbers likes this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

I imagine most horse models would have a similar bone structure, so wouldn't you just rename the bones to match? (I haven't done it, but isn't that how it is done?)

18. Teila

Teila

The asset store description says for mecanim.

Not sure what happened to the developer. I hope he comes back.

19. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

That would make sense, although I'm not too sure how generic a horses bones would have to be, eg. whether the bone rotations of a custom horse would have to match up exactly? I'm not an animator, so it may be as simple as that of course, just not sure as I've only worked with humanoid characters before. I spose this is more of a generic question that I should look up, rather than one for this thread :)

20. Teila

Teila

I think it will be tough to transfer from one generic to another although worth a try. You might also be able to switch to legacy in the import settings. I know some animals I have tried do switch between the two but not all do.

GoGoGadget likes this.
  21. sowatnow

sowatnow

Don't think its going to work, because its not humanoid. I tried once maximo horse animation with another model, it didn't work.

Regarding the new update, is anyone able to download version 1.5.2? The asset store in unity doesn't show the latest version for some reason.

22. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys I was on Hollidays but Im back!!, All Requested Animations Will be available at Version 2!!

So far:
    Animations:
    Cantering,
    Eating,
    Sleeping Standing,
    Resting on floor (Not available with rider on top, That will be weird ;))
    Sprinting 4th Speed
    Taking damage (2 animations)
    More deaths
    Falling Idle.. (When Jumping from High places)
    Recovering Fall
    Attack front and rear legs

Modeling...
    For now.
    One armor
    Poly Art Style

Cheers

hopeful and Teila like this.
  23. Teila

Teila

Yay!! Sounds fabulous. Thank you.

24. Malbers

Malbers

Gogo.. Hi

I made the Horse Skeleton with a biped!!, If you Want to retarget it you need to use the same bones I use on the horse,
    The horse is not a Humanoid Rig though, But you can transfer the Skin of my horse to yours using Skin Wrap. In Max

Here is a tutorial on how to do it!!

Hope it helps

Teila and GoGoGadget like this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

The Latest Updates I did it with unity 5.2.1 (Unity add some features to the animator component/controller)
    if you had a Unity version inferior to that, you will get the first version (Made with 5.0.0)

cheers

26. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys some of you Ask me how to use the Horse controller with some 3rd party assets like
    Full Game Kit Hammer 2
    or
    Third Person Controller

So I made a few tiny changes in the code and made an update before update 2.0.
    Also will add a tutorial with the changes that has to be done manually, (just a few) no big deal

Happy riding!

27. juhbee

juhbee

Hey your kit looks super high quality and i'm very impressed with what you have put out. I do have a question about the rider, however. I am working on a project set in the Middle Eastern desert and want to use your asset in it. Do you have plans to "dress up" your character for alternate appearances?

Or do you have it set up where you can swap out the rider model relatively easy?

Thanks and good work!

28. Teila

Teila

I would imagine you could swap it out with any mecanim character. :) Make sure the bone structure is similar and realize there could be clothing clipping if you use bulky clothing.

29. Malbers

Malbers

You can use your own character, thats te beauty of it, I just give the Cowboy as an example, As long as your character is an Humanoid it wont be a problem, I tested with several free characters on the store and works great!!

If you have a custom character controller, the next update with just a button you can combine your character controller with my MountedRider Controller

cheers

Teila likes this.
  30. jailbar

jailbar

That's great news, because UFPS uses a custom character controller, which is the system that I use for my project.

Any time-frame for the next update? This probably is the best horse riding asset on the store. It saves a lot of time for me to script it myself.

31. Malbers

Malbers

I uploaded 3 days ago, but in that update you have to add or remove one or two lines of code, and is just to much work haha, so I found a way to putt it all together in a single button. So magic!!! with one click works with any character controller you have, not just with the unity standart asset 3rd person character controller (Theoretically; I tested with two different custom controllers and it works!!)
    Steps:
    1. Add as a componet the RiderControllerMounted Script to your Character.
    2. Click CreateMounted Layer button. (This will copy a Layer call Mounted from the original Riders Animator to your Character controller Animator, and all the parameters used )
    3. Put a horse besides your Character and hit the F Key.
    4. I use the FreeLookCameraRig from the standart Asset as a camera, if you have a custom camera , just leave it Empty on the RiderControllerMounted Script.
    upload_2016-2-18_9-33-55.png

thats it!!!!

If you want the update before Unity aproval.. just send me a mail (malbers.shark87@gmail.com) with your invoice number and I will send you the upgraded update ;).

cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  32. wood333

wood333

I took a look at your asset for a friend who is considering a western themed fantasy game. I find your animations delightfully horse-like and natural, and I will probably purchase it this coming week.

I have experience riding, all western style, and I have suggestions/requests. Some pertain to the models and a couple to their animation. I am assuming you want to hit the mark on western style, so here we go.

The bridle. You have made the common error of not including the shank, an important part of the bridle. The reins don't go to a ring at the horses mouth, they attach to the end of the shank, which provides leverage to a chain or strap directly under the horse's chin. If you fix this, you will be the first Unity asset I have seen get it right.

The saddle. The horn is too small. The horn is a functional part of the saddle. A cowboy can drag things on a rope that is tied to the horn, heavy things like a steer or deserving things, like a desperado. It should look sturdy.

The cowboy. Cowboys wear boots, with big honking heels. This is so their foot can't accidentally slip through the stirrup, leading to the cowboy being dragged upside down, and possibly bludgeoned to death on a big western rock. It happens. I would spend a few more triangles to give your cowboy proper boots.

The horses. Your horses are good, but the one with the thicker legs needs better definition near the ankles and hooves, and all the eyes maybe need a few triangles of mesh, because when you view them up close they look a bit like empty sockets, kinda haunting.

I love your animations. You have captured the spirit of the horse. Your animations make me think of Hidalgo, a mustang pony in the movie of the same name. Your horse looks gentle but sturdy. Your gaits are good. The gallop could be quicker, but in truth, not all horses want to run as fast as they can.

I will suggest one final thing that would be cool, because no other asset has done it, proper reins with IK to the hands. Western reins don't loop around the neck, as most game artists depict them. They are separate strips of leather. In western style, both reins are held in one hand and both ends are draped down one side of the horse. I hold them in my left, and I drape them down the right side of the horse, my preference. A well trained western horse can be "neck reined." Meaning you move your hand to the side you want to turn toward and the horse knows to turn by feeling the reins shift against its neck. Rein to hand IK would be, maybe a bit excessive, but really cool.

Thanks for the great asset.

siblingrivalry likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much wood333 for your constructive review! I'm going to add in the near future more horse meshes with more definition and other styles too.
    As for the cowboy, this guy in the package I just put it here as a reference for the rider so you can use any character you want,
    On my queue of assets I have planned a Cowboys package, in there I will work on all of your tips. thanks..
    One of the things I wanted to do and I will in the near future is add IK for the reins, also movement for the horsehair..

Thanks again
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    siblingrivalry likes this.
  34. Malbers

Malbers

35. NevarrBlue

NevarrBlue

I'm currently working with your horse animation set and am loving the whole mounting thing. Though for awhile I was having a problem with not being able to move my character after getting off the horse seeing as I'm using Invector's Third Person Controller Template. Well I found out that you were turning off the root motion which my character needed to move so commented out and everything was good to go.

hopeful and Malbers like this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

Great!! I'm glad you solve that problem...

the thing is that I turn off the the 3rd character controllers because those scripts usually are trying to do stuffs while mounting, and sometimes the rider tries to move or rotate when he is in the horse, but yeah the solution is simple, just comment the code and that is!!.
    I'm happy you're using the horse :), I'm eager to finish the asset that I'm currently working so I can put more animations and features to this package..

(FPS controller and UFPS Support)

Teila and NevarrBlue like this.
  37. jailbar

jailbar

If you make it work with UFPS, I will buy this right away. .

I hope it is going well, I really like this.

Malbers likes this.
  38. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Look nice i have buy it but,how it works on Terrain?and can you make a ScriptVersion with CharacterController for the Rider i use no rigidBody :(

39. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Pandur1982 I focused on the horse mechanic, that's why I used the 3rd Character controller from the standard assets, but you can use your own, that's the beauty of it, if you have your own controller you can use it with the horse, (see documentation for more details).

One tip: when the rider is mounted, I deactivate all physics on the rider, via script so .. the rigid body shouldn't be a problem.

I tested the horse on terrain and works great.. I just put it on an asset terrain and works ;)
    2016-03-06.png

If you need more guidance don't hesitate to write me

hope its helps

cheers

Malbers

Teila likes this.
  40. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Thx for you answer at time i will see it,on my terrain when i run with the horse,will the horse sometimes in legs in the ground have.and when i run over littel hills the horse is in the air for a littel time.But i will as first bring all from that great asset to my player.Will you bring later more horse with more polys on it?And a IK for the Hands will be great :D

41. Malbers

Malbers

I will get into all those thing for the new update! so stay tooned,

Pandur1982 likes this.
  42. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

ok i cant wait :D big thx for it

Malbers likes this.
  43. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

So i have change the script for my Character Controller and it works very good,the installation from your asset is really good and easy.I have a littel Problem,i will control the horse with my xbox Controller,i have change all,that is not the problem,my problem is the key 1,2,3 , i will press the left stick ( Joystick 8 ) one time and trot,then press again Joystick8 i will galoping and so one.So i have the 3 functions one one key,have you a idea how i can change it,i have it found in the script but my c# is not so good , i work only with playmaker,by the way you asset work great with playmaker.

Malbers likes this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

Great to know that the horse works great with playmaker!

In the HorseControllerScript, You just need to change the input, I don't have a Xbox controller but I think the solution is that you create an integer "velocity" that changes every time you press the left stick ( Joystick 8 ) that returns values 1 2 3,
    and replace:
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Alpha1)) for if (Velocity ==1)
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Alpha2))
    for if (Velocity ==2)
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Alpha3)) for if (Velocity ==3)
    that should work!
    Now the way to get those values with an Xbox controller I don't know how to get it(cause i don't own one yet) but it shouldn't be difficult.
    Untitled.png

hopes it helps!!

45. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

hm is it not better we will take for all 3 states a bool?so state1 = bool slow,state 2 = bool middel and bool3 = fast,this bools will be active on getbutton down joystick,the bools are public so i can use it in playmaker.
    when i use
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Alpha1)) for if (Velocity ==1)
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Alpha2))
    for if (Velocity ==2)
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Alpha3))
    for if (Velocity ==3)
    became i errors with the velocity and the ==.

Ok i found a easy way for it : i make
    public bool galoping;
    public bool trotting;
    and public float MaxSpeed as public and make the other over playmaker :D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  46. Malbers

Malbers

you need to create the variable velocity as an integer at the top with the rest of the variables
    int velocity;
    ( that why the errors)
    and in the update function you need to change the this variable to match your requirement . for example
    //inside the if you get the inputs for your xbox controllers
    if ("......joystick .is pressed up....")
    {
    velocity = velocity +1;
    }

if ("......joystick .is pressed down...")
    {
    velocity = velocity -1;
    }

you can use bool too if is easier for you..

47. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

yeah i have make it with bools for the other i have active the
    if(CrossPlatformInputManager.GetAxis("Vertical")>0)
    thats work very good and save me a lot of time,a must have asset for all developer how will became a horse riding system in the game :D

Malbers likes this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

thanks!!! my friend .. I wanna make this the best horse system on the store!!!
    don't forget to review!! EDIT (You already did :D thanks!!)
    Happy Riding!

49. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

No Problem dude,by the way i found a littel bug,when you unmount your Character walk and run..on Place, when you use a customer character and controller,for all go in RiderControllerMounted.cs on line 131 and search for : anim.applyRootMotion=false; and delete false and write true;
    So when you unmount your RootMotion from your Player is on and you dont walk and run on Place ;)

So my wishes on the Next Updates :
    IK for Hands
    Locomotion for Terrain
    Horses with more Poly for a Desktop Game :D

In the next Time i will make a Video from Game with Mounting :D

50. Malbers

Malbers

Nice!!
    I will check that line of code if it usefull or not because you're the second guy who changes it, haha

Added those requests for the next updates..

I will love to see the horse in your game!!!