Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question 360 view unity recorder: Planar reflection limited to MainCamera's FOV

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by LaurenzUlrich, Mar 16, 2024.

1. LaurenzUlrich

LaurenzUlrich

Hey guys,
    I wanted to record a 360 video of a VR-Experience I created however have a hard time getting the results i want.
    I used a planar reflection probe which should kind of look like a water surface on the floor. In the scene everything works fine. BUT: When I set the recorder to 360 view it still only renders reflections which are displayed in the FOV of the actual main camera. Is there a way to change how the planar reflection is set up so it displays all surroundings around the players position or do i have to find another way (use multiple reflection cameras or something like this)? If so, is there a common way to deal with this?
    I attached a screenshot of one recorded frame. As you can see the stuff on the left side gets reflected properly but the two people on the right aren't.
    I would be really thankfull for any recommendations how to deal with this issue.
    Thanks and best wishes!
    L

Screenshot 2024-03-16 180007.jpg