Search Unity

360 Videos - Stitching Issues

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by DMCBDA, Feb 26, 2019.

1. DMCBDA

DMCBDA

Hello all.
    Recently started using Unity and I am attempting to make a 360 video.
    I followed a tutorial on the Unity website and was able to get it all up and running, but looking straight up, straight down and to the back, you could see very visible pinches on the poles and a seam running up the back.

I did a google search and subsequently found many articles of people complaining about the same issue, that the 'sphere' in Unity is not the correct shape, leading to the deformations at the poles.
    In these same threads, they had solutions to the issue. All of which I have attempted to follow, but I keep running into a problem.

If I design and then export my own sphere and import into Unity and go through the same process, the video just becomes one big blur.

The other solution involves creating a texture and shader that conforms the video to the shape of the sphere in Unity. Unfortunately trying this solution with both the in-system sphere and the custom made sphere both also lead to the same blurry mess when testing the final product.

I am hoping someone on here may have a solution that may be able to help, as I am running out of articles online that offer assistance.
    I am running Unity 2018.3.6f1 on a Windows 10 machine.
    Thanks,

vivekgorrepati likes this.