Search Unity

360 Video Hotspots - Looking to hire someone

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by vr28vr, Sep 29, 2015.

1. vr28vr

vr28vr

I recently went to a friend’s wedding and shot some 360 footage with my Ricoh Theta. I wish the quality was better, but oh well. I want to hire someone to create a program for me to allow my friend to view the 360 footage and be able to click between scenes. I picture it like a Matterport file http://tour.homevisit.com/view/81518?v=3d but this is video instead of pictures.

Here is an example of what I mean. Here is footage from the bench outside
    …. I picture there being an arrow like this you can click http://tinyurl.com/nntbdzkand then it would bring you to this video

Does anyone have any advice on how I could make this happen or know someone who could do this for me?

2. JDMulti

JDMulti

I developed an inhouse application to switch between pre-rendered still scenes. However I never tried to do that with video. I could try and see if I'm able to do so with the same code. Do you need this for Oculus Rift or Gear VR? Let me know.

3. vr28vr

vr28vr

What is your email let's discuss!

4. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

Getting video to work, and especially smoothly, is not very straight forward in Unity. I created an interactive 360 video application for the Oculus, it could be adjusted for your needs easily.

5. shakhruz

shakhruz

Hi,
    I can help you build your custom 360 video player with hotspots, custom menu and logic.
    Please check my profile on upwork.com - https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0128224b2bf6bf74c7/

I was able to make 360 video work with Google Cardboard and Gear VR. It does require one of the latest phones to play it smoothly and with 4k quality. But overall it works fine, especially on Gear VR.

6. reddo

reddo

Shakhruz, are you using Easy Movie Texture to play 360 video in Gear VR or Oculus Mobile SDK method?

7. shakhruz

shakhruz

Yes, reddo, Easy Movie Texture it is. Just be careful with the Sphere that Unity provides. It gives you a distorted panorama. It's better to use a standard sphere made in Blender.

Thanks to Virtual Reality Projects book for this tip ;)!

I saw the Oculus SDK method in 0.6.2 but I can't make the package work in Unity 5.1.2f1. Did you make it work?

There is another option - Vuforia SDK, they also provide their own movie texture, but you would need to carry the whole sdk with it.

I'm really hoping someone will make a free Movie Texture for Android for Unity. It's been a while and I think playing video in Unity on mobile should be part of Unity itself. Otherwise you have to pay $45 for Easy Movie Texture.

8. Kan_intXtion

Kan_intXtion

Hi Shakhruz,

Did your 360 video project include Head-Related Transfer Function?
    Is any way to do it?

Thanks.