Search Unity

360 video appears tilted in unity

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by dezza156, Aug 10, 2019.

1. dezza156

dezza156

I'm working on a project and have been given 360 videos in the format shown in the picture (unsure on what the format's called). When put into unity via a skybox etc, the video is tilted - if you move along x with the camera, the video moves along a line nearly in the middle of x and y, causing a great deal of motion sickness almost immediately for me. Changing the camera angle doesn't help, various other threads to rotate the skybox don't help either. I'm unsure how to proceed and the project is very time sensitive.

I've had no issues with the example unity 360 videos in the same project, so I'm sure the issue is either the video itself or how it's being loaded in. I'm just not sure how to proceed with this particular format as it doesn't match over/under or side by side.

Attached Files:

2. scottunity

scottunity

The video you have was stitched without being leveled. Notice any other 360 videos have level horizontal lines.
    It's possible to take into something like premiere or after effects and level it out but better if whomever provided the video properly set it up. Most stitchers have tools to help level out.

3. dezza156

dezza156

Thank you! I tracked down the video guy and the videos have now been levelled and fixed.