Search Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by theHansel, Apr 17, 2015.

1. theHansel

theHansel

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    nuverian likes this.
  2. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

Can you consider to add a feature like combine all decals and turn them into one single Decal? That would make Hierarchy panel much cleaner to organize, like when I done with painting my decals, I no longer need to modify each decals, better to combine all decals to one single Decal, don't you think?

Automatic 3D Billboard Imposters (ABI)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11743

LOD Billboards
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/29080

These two has very interesting features about Decal, for example, like turn a 3D Model to a 2D Decal, to boost overall Level Design performance.

It would be cool to have a Browser panel, which display all Decals. So that, I could edit, delete each Decals for my needs.

Just some suggestion I hope you may consider for your upcoming updates.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  3. TechiTech

TechiTech

does this have the option to generate atlas?

if no are you planning to add this feature?

Any pooling system? for bullet holes?

4. TechiTech

TechiTech

ok thanks Hansel.

I've already purchased two other decal solutions, but for me to purchase another it would mean I would need those added features.

The two other solutions are easy to use too so there's not really a reason for me to purchase this one.

I will keep an eye on this though.

Regards
    Techitech

5. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

hi guys, I got a bug with ADOPS v.1863. I'm using Unity 5 Pro v5.01f1. The "Generic Mesh Decal script component" doesn't show its options as usual, and when I click on it, I got the Null-Reference-Exception error as picture below:

Also, maybe because of this bug, "Main Manager GUI" sometimes stucks or becomes a blank windows. And, the older version ADOPS v.1845 works fine for me.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

hey, thanks for sending me the "Decals-Rotation script". Decals rotating quite well around 3D Curvature, especially on Primitive 3D objects. I still wrap my thoughts how to put it into use. So, I could make your "Mesh Decals or Projected Decals" animations also, not just a static stamp, but can do much more.

Decals Animation idea: use UV animation as spritesheet to make "Decals animation in-place", and then use your "Rotation script" or even better a Spline, wrapping around 3D Object to make the "Decals" moving follow the Spline, but still bending well with 3D Object curvature. That's way we will got a Decal Animation system, which I think no one do it yet for Decals.

I just updated ADOPS from Unity, still got the "Null-Reference error". I had to use the "Scripts" you sent me to fix it. Just let you know.

Now, I'll be patient for these fixes, or "possible, new" features:
    - Mesh Decals, bending well on 3D Object curvature. Still has some issue, when Mesh Decals, passing or near 3D Object edges.
    - Projected Decals, bleeding from Front and Back, would be fixed.
    - Decals Animation system, if you think it's worth to be implemented.

Cheers,
    blueD

P/S you should update the top post with more ADOPS imag, its features, more Image/Video showcases. So, people quickly knows more about your cool Decals system, which I believe very easy and efficient workflow. Decals from your system, are very fun to make, so easy and fun :)

7. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

Bug - "Mesh Decal prefab" lost its "Generic-Poly mesh" if using "Clean Scripts"

So, it's quite hard to explain the bug. I made a video for that. Basically, when you make a Prefab, if using Clean Scripts, then Decals will lose its "Generic-Poly mesh", which I could not find anywhere to re-assign it.

8. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

Thanks man. Always a quick fix. AAA Customer Services guys. Purchase this Decal system, you won't regret it! :D

9. Seith

Seith

Hello, I just have a question: does it work on tessellated meshes?

10. Seith

Seith

Oh I see. Thank you!

11. grimmy

grimmy

Awesome product. I noticed though at one point I was no longer able to move my projected decals for some reason. The lock checkbox didnt seem to work.

Also, when exported on Android device, the decals crashed the device without error. It took me two days to figure that pout and that the device required the meshes to be combined first before I could load the scene which contained them.

12. jgalvezpa12

jgalvezpa12

Hi i'm doing a game like an amazingbreaker, it is possible to do when the bomb hit the graphic with glass style to look like broken glass something like this with your plugin?

13. jgalvezpa12

jgalvezpa12

i mean no talking about creating holes or breaking the graphic that part no, the part when the broken texture appear when the bomb hit

14. EDSOLO

EDSOLO

Hi fantastic assist :)
    Im testing out the bullet system on the the canvasPainter scene, when I make the 'canvas paint zone'+'cube'+'cube1' static I get the following error.

Not allowed to access vertices on mesh 'Combined Mesh (root: scene)'
    UnityEngine.Mesh:get_vertices()
    ADAOPS.BasicFunctions:BuildDecalForObject(GenericMeshDecal, GameObject) (at Assets/DeveloperAtTheGates/ADAOPS/Scripts/Base/Functions/BasicFunctions [Decals].cs:134)
    ADAOPS.GenericMeshDecal:BuildMesh(GenericMeshDecal) (at Assets/DeveloperAtTheGates/ADAOPS/Scripts/Base/Basics/GenericMeshDecal.cs:192)
    ADAOPS.GenericMeshDecal:Awake() (at Assets/DeveloperAtTheGates/ADAOPS/Scripts/Base/Basics/GenericMeshDecal.cs:73)
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
    ADAOPS.DecalInGameManager:CreateNewMeshDecal(Material, Transform, Vector3, Vector3, Single, Vector2, Boolean) (at Assets/DeveloperAtTheGates/ADAOPS/Scripts/Base/SceneElements/Managers/DecalInGameManager.cs:46)
    ADAOPS.GenericBulletDecal:LoadBulletList() (at Assets/DeveloperAtTheGates/ADAOPS/Scripts/Base/SceneElements/Player/GenericBulletDecal.cs:33)
    ADAOPS.GenericBulletDecal:ShootNewBullet(Material, Vector3, Vector3) (at Assets/DeveloperAtTheGates/ADAOPS/Scripts/Base/SceneElements/Player/GenericBulletDecal.cs:49)
    ADAOPS.ObjectLauncher:Update() (at Assets/DeveloperAtTheGates/ADAOPS/Scripts/Base/SceneElements/Player/ObjectLauncher.cs:52)

I hope theres a fix for this as I need to make static objects that can take bullet damage.
    keep up the great work:)

15. EDSOLO

EDSOLO

Thanks for the reply :) I hope you can find a solution as its a great asset. I also have sent you a pm with a suggestion.

16. EDSOLO

EDSOLO

hi unity forums wont let me start a conversation with you, maybe as I've just started using the forums.
    My message was the idea for you to expand on the asset to allow real time paint splat handling.

17. EDSOLO

EDSOLO

Thanks mail sent :)

18. Atmey

Atmey

How does this work on skinned meshes (characters)?
    An example would be nice.

19. christianstrang

christianstrang

Hi theHansel :)
    I'm trying to create the following effect in unity: a ballon filled with paint is crashing against a wall, after the impact the color should platter all over the place. Would this be possible with your asset (the color splattering)?

Thank you for your time!

20. Arvart

Arvart

Hi, guys! Your decal system is awesome, but when it will work with static objects? I can't wait for this update :)

21. HakJak

HakJak

When I use the DirtyParticle script, it does not rotate the mesh decals to match the surface of Unity Terrain. How can I fix this??

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  22. Radiangames2

Radiangames2

I'm using this plug-in strictly to generate decals at runtime (bullet holes/scorch marks/etc). It'd be nice if the files necessary were in there own directory.

Currently the DecalInGameManager is in a directory tree with a bunch of other stuff that seems totally unnecessary (RainManager, SceneConnectorManager, BloodyObject, etc). Even if some of that is needed for some of the editor-side stuff, it should still be separated out a little more nicely.

Thanks!

23. Marco-Sperling

Marco-Sperling

Well hello there. Is there an adequate tutorial for this thing? And I don't mean the music video with red text - that one is way too long with steps skipped. I highly recommend putting a video up on YT that explains the basics in under 5 minutes. Spoken. Voice. Thx.

for example: as of now my decal gets blocked by a box collider - but I want it to be placed on the actual mesh. How? Your video tutorial is old (insert mode is non-existent), the steps in there don't show what keyboard buttons you press.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015