Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

30 second white screen (Not Responding) when starting game

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by sgower, Apr 24, 2018.

1. sgower

sgower

I've already been in touch with a Unity support person about this issue, but am curious if anyone else if having the same issue I'm seeing. What's happening is that when I launch my time, the Unity window opens, and is all white, and it goes into a "Not Responding" state for 30-40 seconds before the game eventually loads. My game generally takes longer to load that I would like but I haven't seen this before. I'm pretty sure it's hung up on something white the white window is showing.

I tailed the logs, and white the 30 second delay is happening, I see this in the logs, and there is no activity happening.

upload_2018-4-24_12-19-12.png

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please post the case #?

3. sgower

sgower

Hi, you saw my other post for my build failures. I had opened up this case:

I've been talking to a QA named Lukas about the build failures, and also about this "30 second white screen" issue via email, but didn't open a new case for the white screen issue. Would you like me to open a new issue?

I can't easily send my whole project (it's 60gb), but I could pm you a Google Drive link to the built version of my project. If you have a Vive setup, you could try it out, and should be able to reproduce this issue.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    You shouldn't post that direct fogbugz link that is sent to you when you submit a case, because that will enable everyone to see all your other submitted cases and email conversations as well. The 7 figure digit is enough for us to find it.

Since it is a separate issue, it would be great if you could send another bug report for it. If you notify Lukas via email about the second case, he'll process it right away (since you're already talking with him about it).

Unfortunately the built project won't be of any help. A (minimal) reproduction project is what we'd need.

5. sgower

sgower

ok, I removed the fogbuz link. I don't especially care if anyone sees my other cases or email conversations about these cases, but I'll just use the 7 digits in future posts. I can open up a new case later today. I could try building another smaller project to see if I can reproduce the issue. My guess is that the issue is related to my particular project, but I can test to find out if the same thing happens with other projects.

LeonhardP likes this.