Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

⚡️ RELEASED ⚡️ Universal Shooter Kit: FPS, TPS, TDS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VadimGerc, Dec 11, 2018.

1. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

ONe other thing I have run into, as I experiment with FREE monsters from the asset store. When I try to create character it always says.. "it must be humanoid type." but the ones I am bring in ARE humanoid monsters.

2. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

thank you for that! I need to watch the videos.. I am trying to dive right in and hack away at it.

3. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

I am still looking at other controllers. These assets never seem to fit all of my needs. Something more.. modular. Where I can make the FPS controller pick up items,and add it to any Inventory system I choose. I have Adventure Creator, ORK, and Quest Machine. I want the player to do a lot of things..trip triggers.. work with sensors.. I try out controller after controller, script after script. A lot of systems will work with UFPS..but that thing is $75, plus the people are having trouble with the new version. Boy I like this one! For a shooter, that is. I need something lightweight to work in Adventure style games,that are a little deeper than shooting monsters. Not that it isn't fun. :)

VadimGerc likes this.
  4. arikasses

arikasses

Hello humanoid it means that it is rig humanoid usually those characters are in fbx file also if it includes prefab file and drop them in the scene and open them and the character is has spine /larm/rarm etc that is humanoid character it has all his bone separated.

bugscuffle likes this.
  5. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Got it to work with "Easy Dialogue" a asset for little dialog scenes. It has a manager, but don't interfere with the Game manager. Still.. I haven't figured out a way to make the monsters damage the civilians. They will attack them, as long as they are labeled "Character" I guess. Spices things up. Then a girl, cowering in some corner, needs to be rescued.. etc.

Attached Files:

6. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

You know, you should offer add ons in the Asset store. One that I would like to see is to add 4-legged creatures. Also, the "civilian" idea. Characters that are victims. Characters that fight the monsters on their own. I still haven't even gone through all the tutorial videos. I am excited with this, it might be best one that I am looking for. Something that can be configured to work with everything. A person can make a "Quest" or "RPG" .. where there is plot, along along with action. Even, romance. Make add on packs, to keep yourself paid!

7. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Here's one of the monsters that "Create Enemy" wouldn't accept 'cos it's non Humanoid. I tried 3 free monsters from Asset store. I guess it's cos of the name "Monster". I wonder if there is some sort of PreFab tool that would fix this for me, if I wanted it?

Attached Files:

8. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @bugscuffle,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, we should think about them o_O

Please make sure that you've set the Humanoid type in the Import settings:
    Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 13.43.01.png

And btw, soon we will add the ability to create any non-humanoid enemies ;)

bugscuffle likes this.
  9. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Kewl! Thanks I am diving right in there. I was just now looking at other AI packages. Emerald AI is $40. It has a behavior to have "companion" characters that follow player around. As I stated earlier.. it would be nice to have Civilians to rescue, or even other fighters that are fighting the monsters (but not as good as YOUR guy :)). I am- uncertain. There are sensor based ones, raycast ones, breadcrumb based ones, but can the Game Manager integrate them? Easy Dialogue has a Handy Trigger setting. I wonder if trigger boxes can send information to the Game Manager?

10. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

another big question. How many bytes does USK add to my finished game? (without character). I will probably use lower poly characters, since my goal is STEAM and IOitch. Would it be just the scripts?

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  11. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  12. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I'm not sure that understand you right, could you clarify this?

Yes, the shooting works with raycasts.

And I can't say for sure now, but maybe later we'll add integration with other AI packs (if many users want this ;)).

13. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

still having problems with pickups. I want more Pistol ammo. I keep trying.. dunno what I am doing wrong. It says "put name in Weapon Script.".. is there something I am missing? WHen I leave it blank, it still dont give me ammo. DUH.

Attached Files:

14. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Another thing.. I keep trying to create a character.. I get this.. the First Person camera to adjust isn't there.. it is "different" than the manual and videos. Could be the collider...there is something missing.. something that I am not understanding.

Attached Files:

15. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

First of all, please ask questions only in one place - either here or on the Discord server
    Because you ask the same questions everywhere, and I spend a lot of time to answer them, hope you understand me

I've answered this in Discord

If you see the documentation (or video tutorials) closer you'll see a component with which you can adjust the position of the camera (it calls "FP Camera Position and Rotation") - (link)

bugscuffle likes this.
  16. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Trying to adjust a character I keep getting these errors. I assume that its cos it aint got a collider. Well..the first thing I do is go to "Health".. "Generate Colliders".. now.. is there a "Save".. 'cos I dont see it. Anyways.. these are the problems I am having.

Attached Files:

17. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Ya I figured this one out.. click the First Person Camera and it opens.. I was seeing only down to the AIM CAMERA.

18. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Yes, we know about this issue, and will publish the new version next week...
    But I've already sent you the kit with bug fixes in Discord (if anyone else needs it, let me know)

19. arikasses

arikasses

Hello Gerc i am tried to connect with the discord but it does not give me invatation to join when i press discord.
    Update i manage to connect thanks

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  20. larchbor

larchbor

Hello.
    Why are there no bots in the online mode?

21. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,
    Don't worry, we're working on this feature and will add online bots in the next 2 months ;)

22. LunarLabs

LunarLabs

First impressions of this asset are very positive.

Is there a way to turn off the pre match timer? or adjust this? Presumably it's not hard coded?

23. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

You can easily adjust the pre-match timer in the Lobby script (it's needed to reset game parameters and place characters on the right places, so please don't set it to 0)

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 00.55.22.png

24. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

The 1.6.1 version with bug fixes and some new features (including the characters selection in the Multiplayer Lobby) is already in the store!

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (4).gif

Recommend everyone to install it ;)

LOKIIStudios likes this.
  25. zhouzz

zhouzz

Hello, I want to test the function of multiple player. How can I initialize the server

26. f1chris

f1chris

I would like to replace all Third person view animations (idle,walking, running, jumping). Do you have instructions on how doing it correctly ?

Thx

27. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

Please follow this manual.

f1chris likes this.
  28. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

I’m not sure that understand you right. Could you tell me more about that, please?

29. peca92sk

peca92sk

Hi, Im interested in this asset a lot, but i have some questions.

First of all would it be possible to make a co-op game, so the players are together in a team, killing AIs?
    The second one is about the attack of the AIs, so how he aims the players, and whats the mechanics behind the firing and bullet. To be more specific, is he going to hit always, or it is possible do dodge the bullet?

Thx

30. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @peca92sk,

Unfortunately, now it isn't possible to do that. But we'll add a coop mode and AI for the multiplayer in one of the next updates (within 2 months) ;)

Bullets have some spread, and you can adjust this value.

31. Hezekiel112

Hezekiel112

This asset have quest system ?

32. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi,

No, USK doesn't have the quest system, but I think it's not hard to integrate it.

33. Hezekiel112

Hezekiel112

another question :
    i can make a game like doom with usk ?

34. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hm, I think yes...
    If you find a few demons ;)

35. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Hey, a while back I was asking about anti-cheat solutions for multiplayer. Have you added any solutions with your latest version? Thanks.

36. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

Yeah, I remember you :)

Unfortunately, we've not found any simple, fast, and handy system for the integration of this feature :( But we're still thinking about it... So sorry to disappoint you, mate!

37. zorgitron

zorgitron

Hello, I bought and imported, deleted and re-downloaded this asset multiple times, and I keep getting a fatal error when I try to run the singleplayer demo scene in Unity. I would really like to start using this asset. Please help.

Using Unity 2018.0.3f2 Personal

38. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

Thanks for purchasing the kit!

Your issue looks really strange o_O I've found the same issues on the forum (https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-crashes-on-startup-with-strange-error.265425/)
    That's the old problem I think...

Please try to run the asset in another Unity version

39. zorgitron

zorgitron

Ok, I've tried running the Asset in Unity 2019 Version, as you can see in the UI in the screenshot below. I'm getting more errors. I saw this same error mentioned in the forum. Users said they just deleted and re-downloaded which fixed it. I've done that twice, but that just lead to the previous error. I don't want to have to re-download this asset every time I want to make a project with it. It's really a pain to go to the hidden asset folder, delete the asset, and then wait for the new 400mb file to download.

I've tried commenting out the offending code, but it seems to go deep many layers, it just creates more errors.

[Edit]
    Just to be sure, I deleted the asset in it's folder and re-downloaded it one more time, and saw the same errors as in the image.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  40. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

First of all, my solution means to delete the USK folder in your project and import it again (you don't need to delete the asset in an AS folder and re-download it).

But I think this solution doesn't suit you. Please try to restart Unity (very often this helps). And I'm really sorry about that, we'll try to find this issue and fix it.

41. zorgitron

zorgitron

Hi there, I was able to get the asset to work by commenting out the "IF UNITY EDITOR" line and an EndIf somewhere else. I'm not sure if this will have some effect on how everything works later on, I've just barely tested it.

While I'm posting, I'd like to ask if there is a way to import the asset without the multiplayer elements, and not end up with a lot of reference errors.

42. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Usually, this kit is imported without any problems but in some Unity version (and rarely) dependencies in the Player Settings aren't overwritten, this leads to the errors you wrote about.
    Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 16.13.29.png

Now I'm looking for a solution to that... and I recommend you to write define symbols yourself:
    CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT;PHOTON_UNITY_NETWORKING;PUN_2_0_OR_NEWER;PUN_2_OR_NEWER

And I'm again apologizing for that! And it'll be necessarily fixed!

P.S. better to uncomment those lines, otherwise your game won't be built

43. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

upload_2020-6-23_13-40-59.png
    Can you help on this
    I use unity 2019.3.14f1

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  44. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

To solve the issue, just delete these lines:
    Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 15.01.17.png

45. Denormalizer

Denormalizer

Hi, I'm thinking of buying the USK, it depends on if it can do what I need. I'll be procedurally generating maps, with procedurally generated spawn locations for things like players, monsters, guns and ammo, etc.

Question 1: From the quick look at the videos, I see the maps and entity locations being done manually from the Unity editor. Is it possible to for me to do it via c# scripts instead?

Question 2: The demo videos use a bunch of assets, like the models and animations for the soldiers, weapons and monsters. Do those come with the kit?

46. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,
    Glad you're interested in the kit :)

1) I think it's not hard to do (and I can help you with that if you need ;))

2) Yes, everything you can see in the videos, demos, screenshots, etc are in the kit

47. Denormalizer

Denormalizer

Great, thanks for the info.

48. Hezekiel112

Hezekiel112

the update is almost ready ?

49. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Yes, it will be published in July

50. Hezekiel112

Hezekiel112

Nice :)