Search Unity

[30% OFF Sale!] The Domik - A Procedural House Generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Pony_in_love, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Pony_in_love

Pony_in_love

Links: Asset Store | Demo | Documentation | Discord | Roadmap

Help: domik.help@gmail.com

An upgrade from the Cozy House Generator is totally free!

The main point of the Domik is an idea that you can take any house modular system and construct a procedural system based on it, so yeah, feel free to use 2D or 3D assets, medieval or sci-fi themes, roguelikes or story-driven games... Do what you want and the Domik will help you.

Highlights:
    • Generation of room interiors with furniture.
    • Powerful visual scripting system - The Pipeline.
    • Third party assets are supported. Read More.
    • Seed number based generation, feel free to integrate it with your own procedural worlds.
    • All variants of gameobjects are supported, so you can place something like a spawn-point right in a house. Just use a furniture system.
    • In-Editor Generation.
    • Runtime Generation.
    • Multiple floors.
    • Stairs.
    • Mesh combine system is built-in.
    • Mobile, Consoles, WebGL and PC are supported.
    • HDRP, URP and Built-in scriptable pipeline are supported.

Special Thanks:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  2. Mark_01

Mark_01

All very well and nice .... but where do I get it ?

Pony_in_love likes this.
  3. Pony_in_love

Pony_in_love

Ahahaha, sorry, forgot the main link :D

https://u3d.as/2Hef.

Mark_01 likes this.
  4. Mark_01

Mark_01

5. Pony_in_love

Pony_in_love

6. RobertOne

RobertOne

This looks nice! From the video is looks like it’s generating room after room after room. Is it possible to create a hallway too?
    So something that is stretching in the middle and branching of different rooms from there. Or like a L or a T and from that you can enter rooms

i guess something like this: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/0d/2f/370d2fe9ea2bbbe02f987245bb7211bb.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  7. Pony_in_love

Pony_in_love

It works a bit different, floor is splitting to rooms by the BSP algorithm.
    At this moment, no, it's not possible, but it's not so hard to achieve in the future, actually.
    This task is already in the roadmap: Create a solution for hallways
    Join to the discord server to track the progress: The Domik (discord.com)

P.S. Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

8. Pony_in_love

Pony_in_love

9. Pony_in_love

Pony_in_love

Update 1.01 has been released.

Improvements:
    Better package structure.

Bug Fixes:
    Part Builder space checkbox has been ignored.

10. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Pretty quiet here.
    Everything I see in the online documentation seems to tell me that this can only generate apartment blocks. Large square or rectangular buildings with many rooms per floor, but no separation into actual apartments per floor, Is that correct?

Can it generate hallways with entrance doors for multiple apartments on each floor, with multiple connected rooms per apartment?
    Can it generate houses, like single family homes with pitched roofs, and interiors?

$125 USD is a lot of money if it only creates blocks. There may be simulated variety with color, but these are simple facades. I am hoping that I am wrong.
    Mark

11. one_one

one_one

Would also be interested in this, as well as whether it supports deliberate angles as well or only 90° corners.

12. Pony_in_love

Pony_in_love

Yep, it's true at this time.

I plan to add all these features in future :)

I agree with you, all these things are very important, I put everything necessary for their implementation into the architecture.
    Implementation is a matter of time.

Feel free to buy it on sale ;)
    Or wait until I'll make all these features.

Yes, but auto rotation supports only 90°.

13. valentinwinkelmann

valentinwinkelmann

A few questions about the capabilities of "The Domik":

1. is it possible to make the stairs continuous from the second floor to the top floor and do it on one side of the house? Classical European houses don't have a staircase that goes up in the middle of the building like a separate house, but an entrance on the left or right that leads directly into a staircase that goes up the house and the apartments are connected to it.

2. is it possible that the staircase leads to the roof or to a basement?

3. is it possible to decide whether all sides of the building will have windows, or to decide which sides will have windows?

4. is it possible to have more than one front door in the same house, e.g. on the front and back side (for the garden)?

5. is it possible to make different floors with different heights?

6. is it possible to make pitched roofs with interiors?

7. is it possible to make a continuous chimney that goes up inside the house?

8. is it possible to make a fire escape that goes down the floors from the outside on a certain facade?

14. unity_914E13B8DE8B22A29A3E

unity_914E13B8DE8B22A29A3E

Very Disappointed as developer even don't reply on any issues

15. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Has anyone used this asset recently? I see comments that the author has abandoned this asset (what a waste with so much done on it) but with the Flash sale I am tempted to get it because it would really work for one of my games.

16. Mark_01

Mark_01

It might be kinda wrong, but lots of us have been here since Unity 5 , and we all have " depreciated " assets .. these are more coded assets.. SO as much as it pains me.. I am Very careful now about expensive assets that do not have a lot of track record or reviews ( or the time it takes the dev to reply to reviews , if they do. Mainly I look at date of asset published , how much engagement there is.. ESP .. updates .. how much how frequent and when.. If some one is a great coder and goes in sine they can fix it.. than more power to you.. but here is a screen cap of this asset and it has never been updated " for code " .. upload_2024-3-18_11-17-44.png

StevenPicard likes this.
  17. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Very good points. The whole deprecated issue has bit me so bad over the years. I've been a developer for 25 years but I don't have time nor the inclination to fix every asset I buy. I just want to make my game(s).

I did buy PGG (Procedural Generation Grid) from fImpossible when it first came out. Thought it was awesome but I needed multiple floors, etc. I realized yesterday that I own it (sometimes I get surprised when I find out I had previously bought an asset that I've completely forgot about) and checked out the updates (which have been active) and it does exactly what Domik did plus more. That saved me some money. Lol

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    Mark_01 likes this.