Search Unity

Stylizer - Color Grade & Pixel Art your 3D & 2D Game in Unique Way

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by beffio, Jun 29, 2017.

1. beffio

beffio

Stylizer

Stylizer is a drag & drop Unity Extension that can change the look of your game in a unique way. It can unify your colors in consistent way & pixelate your screen. As you will see it’s really easy to use and can dramatically change the look of your game in seconds.

Scroll down to find out more.

Overview https://www.beffio.com/stylizer

Tutorial:

Asset Store Links:

Content:

Stylizer Extended contains full featured Stylizer plugin, but it also provide you with super useful additional contents, such as 68 color palettes, 10 patterns presets & Demo content that comes with four environments which contains more than 70+ models & 16 scenes to show you the full potential of Stylizer.

Stylizer - Basic. It contains fully-featured plugin, without extra content and presets. As you will see in the next section, the difference is quite important, but if you’re only interested in the plugin itself, this is a version for you.

In Stylizer Image Effect you can play with three layers to:
    ▲ Change the colors of your game using palette tool and mix those colors with patterns to achieve different looks.
    ▲ Pixelate your screen to give it a pixel — art aesthetic
    ▲ Apply grain to get more detaill

Features:

▲ easy to use - drag & drop workflow and you're ready to go
    ▲ workflow simplified to few settings which works on the fly without baking or waiting for response
    ▲ ready-made presets for quick preview of different look
    ▲ fully described code
    ▲ constant updates and new features
    ▲ active development & support
    ▲ clean & unique modern style
    ▲ Stylizer has been carefully crafted, with in-game use optimisation in mind
    ▲ Documentation & Video Tutorial Included

What's Inside:

▲ Stylizer Image Effect Plugin
    ▲ Palette Tool for specyfing colors and method
    ▲ Pattern Tool for prcodeural generting patterns
    ▲ Pixelation (Pixel Art) Image Effect Plugin
    ▲ Eight dithered shaders
    ▲ 45 Color Palette presets with great Color Grading Schemes
    ▲ 10 Pattern presets for image detail
    ▲ 16 scenes grouped into 4 categories (Apolcapse Scene, Detective Scene
    ▲ Mountains Scene, Space Scene)
    ▲ 40 unique models for Apocalypse Scene
    ▲ 20 unique models for Detective Scene
    ▲ 1 Mountain chunk with 8k diffuse, normal & reflection texture
    ▲ 1 Animated Sci-fi Planet model with ring system, asteroid volume, moon system all created with very detailed 8k diffuse, normal & reflection texture

If you would like to learn more about tools or any kind of feature used in Stylizer you should take a look at the Detailed Documentation.

Media:

2. matperson

matperson

This is impressive! Definitely keeping my eye on this one! Can you use it as a material?

3. beffio

beffio

@matperson Thanks for kind words. Yes you can replicated same effect of color grade using materials. There are in total eight dithered shaders available. ‘Standard’ and ‘Diffuse’ (Lambert) specify the lighting method used before the dithering effect is applied to the material.

The ‘Standard’ shader uses a more heavy lighting calculation, based on the Unity Standard shaders, and offers a few more options. ‘Diffuse’ is a more lightweight shader based on the legacy lambert lighting calculations. Both have separate shaders for ‘Opaque’ and ‘Transparent’ materials. The ‘Transparent’ materials will use a cutout alpha method based on the pattern.

Cheers, Tom

4. matperson

matperson

@beffio Thanks for reply.

One more question though, Can I use models from Stylizer - Extended in my own game commercially ?

5. beffio

beffio

6. marchall_box

marchall_box

I am trying to run my game on iPhone 5 as well, do you think it would run on iPhone5?

7. beffio

beffio

If you will use materials it will work without any problem that 100%. If you will use Image Effect it should for 90% work but I will give you that 100% reply till Monday. My friend has iPhone 5 so I will test on his iPhone.

8. Ooi

Ooi

Hello

Is it possible to achieve something like this in the image below?

Also something like this?

I see by using the right colour palette and right grain setting might be able to achieve these look? Also, does Stylizer works on terrain?

9. rrahim

rrahim

Hi, I have a problem with the plugin.
    All of the demo scenes show up flipped on the game window.

Is there something I missed?

I'm Using Unity 5.6.0f3

10. rrahim

rrahim

I've upgraded to 2017 and the flipping issue is resolved, however the entire demo scene seems to be in the resources folder, and it causes a almost 700MB of unnecessary bulk in a build.
    Can you tell us which items are necessary to stay in resources?

11. beffio

beffio

@Ooi Yes you should be able to achieve that. I suggest you to pick 10-15 Colors using our Palette Picker Tool. Taake few colors from higlights, midtones & shadows. Apply grain and you final image/game should have similar feel & vibe.

@rrahim We're supporting only Unity 5.6.1 or higher. It's written in asset description. Regarding resources. We will fix that in next update.

Thank you.

rrahim likes this.
  12. GusViegas

GusViegas

Hey just got Stylizer and I do quite enjoy the results... But what if I only want to apply the effect to one layer?
    I tried applying it to a camera and making the camera depth only and cull everything but that layer, but it produced a black texture on top of everything below that depth which just doesn't work. In other words, it looks like a black screen.
    Any tips on how I could apply the effects to just one layer?

13. LastMonopoly

LastMonopoly

Are most of Stylizer's effects designed for mobile platform? I only build mobile games, need to know this beforehand.

Thank you so much.

machineboy likes this.
  14. maxaud

maxaud

What type of support does it have for VR, if any?

15. Anflo

Anflo

does it work for UI?
    d

16. freedomize

freedomize

Will this asset work with scriptable rendering pipelines?

NeatWolf likes this.
  17. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

Is this asset still getting support?

I see no activity since September, even if the asset is actually discounted.

18. beffio

beffio

It works in similar way as Unity Post Processing, at the moment there is no any way to apply it to one layer using one Camera. We will make an update once Unity will release PPv2 so we will be able to integrate it with their system which will allow you to affect only specific volumes or layers.

Yes it works very fast on mobile. We've tested it many times.

Yes it works for UI but you have to use camera as a source to draw UI. It will not work with word canvas.

We've not tested this yet. We will let you know as soon as we will get some results.

Yes we support it. Do you need any help?

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  19. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi Beffio!

Sure, sent an email about the following topic. I was asking if I could upgrade from the Basic Version to the Extended version, since the new store really doesn't help in determining that. I reverted to the "old" store and I guess the answer is yes.

I'm wondering if you're going to update the assets in some way to leverage the Processing Stack 2.0 of Unity 2018, or if the asset is going to remain as a standalone component. I'm not sure yet of what this would imply (or if it is possible), as I'm still getting up to date with all the Unity 2018 changes, innovations, and...work in progress features.

20. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Hi there,

I'm working on an open-world game and I would like different areas to have a different palette. Does Stylizer contains "zones" where anything inside that zone reacts to that palette?

Thanks

21. RendCycle

RendCycle

Is this fully compatible with Unity 2018.1 and will it work together with Post-Processing Stack v2?

22. meshine

meshine

Is there any way I can apply a palette and dithering to just a single material instead of the entire camera? I've tried but every time it just resets back to a default palette instead of the one I want to use as soon as I try and run the game.

23. AcornBringer

AcornBringer

@beffio I'd like to use the dithering effect with pattern and color palette but I'm trying to have a similar color scheme to what I already have in the game then use the script to fine tune the colors. Is there an easy way to create a palette of colors that will get me fairly accurate default colors that I can later tweak?

24. Ssssilk

Ssssilk

One other question: Can you use the color pallette and other effects in some way *without* using the dithering?

Thanks, love the asset.

25. RSH1

RSH1

Is there a maximum number of colours for a palette to be created?

When I try to create a palette using this image (Amiga Deluxe Paint), Unity crashes.

26. Sarbakan-Support

Sarbakan-Support

Hi @beffio!
    Good job with Stylizer, it's working great!
    I want to use it to render some 3d models on a specific camera, but I also need to be able to render 2D images behind those models on another camera.
    Right now, I can do that because the texture created by the styliszer camera don't have an alpha channel, so alpha is rendered as black.
    Is there an easy fix you could recommend my? I assume it was done this way for performance issue? In my case I only need this feature for some UI sections.
    Thanks!

27. pjccccc

pjccccc

@beffio
    Since your asset is pretty unique, would be nice to have a WebGL application which can test with uploaded PNGs.
    I just wanna check these effects will be fit with my project.

28. Kondor0

Kondor0

Is this still supported? because it seems the Dithering shader is no longer working in 2018.3.12, it looks too dark.

29. borkbork

borkbork

Is this a dead asset? Many neg reviews on the main page saying to support..

30. Kondor0

Kondor0

I've noticed this asset got updated recently so I gave it another try in Unity 2019 but it still looks like this:

It seems only the dithering option has the problem.

31. borkbork

borkbork

Bummer, I was hoping the update fixed issues. The lack of communication from the author doesn't give me too much confidence.

32. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

This asset is 50% off in the sale and I'd like to buy it but everything suggests it's broken and not being supported. Has anyone managed to get it working in Unity 2019? Any word from the developers?

33. beffio

beffio

Hello guys,

We’re sorry that you’ve got the problems. It works with Unity 2019, but remember that it only works with standard rendering piepeline (lwrp, universal, hdrp — doesn’t work).

34. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

Thanks for the reply. I just bought it and tried it in an empty project in Unity 2019.2.9f1 and it seems to work as intended! I made sure to use SRP.

35. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

Hey folks, I'm experiencing a bug in Unity 2019.2.9 which I believe is caused by Styliser Extended.

When I try to rename a gameobject in the hierarchy, the rename is instantly cancelled. I'm unable to type in a new name, because I'm spit back out of renaming instantly.

When I delete the entire Styliser folder it starts working again, which is how I know it's this plugin.

Any ideas?

36. Kondor0

Kondor0

Ok, I can see now that my tests look dark because I'm using Linear color space, when I switch to Gamma it looks good. Sadly I have some effects that need Linear so that reduces flexibility for what I want to do.
    Was this specified somewhere? I don't think I saw it in the documentation.

37. AlleJong

AlleJong

It works! Make sure to pull sliders to the left for pixelated graphics, no to the right. Great asset.

I used it in combination with the FPS camera controller build in ''Game Creator'' This works fine.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  38. jason_yak

jason_yak

Hi there, I know this was from quite a while ago, but just wondering the same thing about all of the assets in the resources folder. We can't leave this like that because all of those assets will be compiled into our builds, it makes your asset completely unusable like this for every developer. For now I've renamed the Resources folder to Demos, I moved the Shaders and Scripts folders up on into the main Stylizer folder, and then replaced the use of Resources.Load in your BeffioDitherEditorUtilities script using AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath<Material>() and some other code to find the demo materials. I think this should do the trick, let me know if you want this code, it'd be great if you could fold this into an update so I don't have to reapply these changes next time we update your plugin, thanks.

rrahim likes this.
  39. jason_yak

jason_yak

Oh also updated some asset paths the main Stylizer script that were using Resources in their path.

rrahim likes this.
  40. HercDotMe

HercDotMe

Then maybe you should put that on your asset page. Been trying to get this to work for about a day now only to stumble on this message. Another 20 EUR wasted on a broken asset ...

norsemedia likes this.
  41. DonaRowe3443

DonaRowe3443

42. MassiveMonsterGames

MassiveMonsterGames

@beffio Are there any plans to make this compatible with URP?

norsemedia likes this.
  43. jister

jister

hi, looks impressive.
    Can i ask what the main differences are between Basic and Extended?

44. jister

jister

hmm is this still being developed or abandon? no reaction from the dev since nov 2019...

norsemedia likes this.
  45. norsemedia

norsemedia

Is this thing getting URP support? Otherwise it's kind of useless to me and i would like a refund. Not disclaiming that missing feature is really bad form.

46. N1warhead

N1warhead

Any updates on when this might work for HDRP?
    In package manager it says
    Code (CSharp):
    1. "Update 1.2 - Added Full Support for Unity 2019 (Supports only 3D Classic Pipeline, URP and HDRP not supported at the moment coming soon)"
    I assume this was written at the time of the last update at - September 18, 2019. Now over a year later i'm curious as to why there hasn't been an update yet. Is it that HDRP, etc just don't have the functionality to make it work, or is it simply not worth the time from lack of sales, etc. (Which I understand).

47. MlleBun

MlleBun

Hi @beffio, I just purchased your asset after seeing that you finally support URP in Unity 2020. I have a couple of questions :
    • What do you mean by "Post Porcessing Only" in your Update 1.3 description ? I can't seem to find any details in your online documentation.
    • Also, I was wondering where is the updated Readme.txt in the imported files. I'm still seeing this and only Pixelation is working :
    Code (Boo):
    1. Go to Edit --> Project Settings --> Quality --> Change:
    2. 1. Shadow Proejction to Close Fit
    3. 2. Shadow Distance 3000
    4. 3. Shadow Near Plane Offset 1
    5. 4. Shadow Cascades No Cascades
    My project setup contains PostProcessing on a Volume.

48. LeeLorenzSr

LeeLorenzSr

Can I get an earlier version of this asset that will support Unity 2019? Also, could you document what render pipelines this actually supports? I see URP support, does it still support default? I'd love to take advantage of the pixelation options for my game, but you don't list explicit requirements that we developers really need to use this.

MlleBun likes this.
  49. WannabeARG

WannabeARG

Hi guys, i get an error when i try to build the proyect

#if UNITY_EDITOR
    var uberMaterial = stylizer.m_MaterialFactory.Get("Hidden/Post FX/Uber Shader_Grain");
    #else
    var uberMaterial = ub;
    #endif

looks like "ub" is not defined previously

lwulfman likes this.
  50. LeeLorenzSr

LeeLorenzSr

I did not have any issue with that. I'm using Stylizer with 2020.1, both dithering and pixellation enabled. I tested it with another project, and both compiled fine, and ran example scenes, too.