Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3 Minute Song Loop - WipeOut style

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by pikachu, Sep 18, 2005.

1. pikachu

pikachu

Dear All,

Some of you might I have seen the idea floating around this forum of launching a site with content for game developers.

I have made a test this morning to get an idea whether you would be interested in the the following type of content.

You can dowload a 3 Minute looping song that could be used within the main menu of a WipeOut style game. The sound file is of pretty high quality and can be downsampled for your purposes. The recording level is at maximum, but just below saturation. This is too avoid the typical hollow sound you get from many flash loop file on the web.

I would be grateful if you could let me know if this is the kind of content that you would like to see on a site that caters for the needs of indie developers using a creative common license.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Btw... If you fancy using this song, please feel free to do so. Just give me a bit of credit in your game :)

Also, I have intentionally left the last note sustain until the end. This should give you the freedom to use this loop anyway you want. Use can download a free software package like Audacity to chop and export the file anyway you like.

Kind regards
    Reda Borchardt

2. pikachu

pikachu

I have quickly made an intense 1 minute loop that could be used in a race. You can download it from here.: Intense 1 minute track.

If you take the 1st up-beat and more easy listening file and append it to this hearthrobing loop you will see that the harmonies and beat match. This could be cool in case you have to deal with a very long race or a change in mood.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards
    Reda Borchardt

3. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Nice music.

Now you just need to convert it to Ogg Vorbis .ogg format (which is what Unity supports natively).

Unity also reads most other formats, but they are not distributed compressed when you build your game.

d.

4. pikachu

pikachu

AH Yes! Good point. Thanks.

5. Sora

Sora

When I read WipEout style, I had something other in mind. But indeed, nice music! I definitely like the second song.

Sora.

6. dingosmoov

dingosmoov

very nice indeed.

7. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

I was trying to put together a Post-nuke or PHP-Nuke web site for the comunity thing but I have so little experiance with eather package that I just made a mess, if any of you are more skilled at these and think they would work let me know and we can work together on it. Jeff

8. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

I'm tempted to help ... like I have the time. I can easily get a phpBB site online in less than 30 minutes and get it started. Categories for various asset types etc. I just don't want to tale away from the Unity forums in any way.

What does everyone think? Say, forums with descriptions and links to models, textures, scripts, music, shaders etc etc ? No scripting or general Unity support though, that should stay here?

9. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

I don't know, I don't like the idea of a second forum. But thats my opinion. I was trying more for a file portal site and this would be the only forums. Jeff

10. xacto

xacto

It would be great if there is a new website (or even this one) if there could be a section just for scripts. Check out Vertexmonky (modo scripts) to see what I mean... if you click on the screen capture it plays a little animation and shows what the script does. How cool would that be for unity users!

http://www.vertexmonkey.com/modeling_scripts_create.php

11. Scandalon

Scandalon

Hmm, neither of the links still work - files seem to be gone.

I thought http://www.idevgames.com/ had a content section, but a quick looks didn't find anything. (I vaguely remember something about them having a server crash?) But hey, they have the gooball character in their masthead. :)

12. Sync1B

Sync1B

yeah links are dead