Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request 3.3.0 option to kill the animation and make the interface live immediately

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by laurentlavigne, Sep 15, 2022.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

since it's so fast to load now
    (there is no need for a presentation animation for something that's in the tray and that I open 100 times a day)

Julien_at_work and qmqz like this.
  2. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

I support this. Pretty annoying to get marketing stuff in your face when trying to work.
    But I do think that Unity Hub needs some time to load anyhow, because it wants a license every time you start.
    Terrible idea in itself, and license problems are all over the place, but i think that that is a possible explanation for a startup delay that they wanted to pimp a bit.

3. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why ? It's slow and annoying, why remove the frustration ? Otherwise it wouldn't be Unity it would be Un****

5. Wriggler

Wriggler

Agreed. It's slower now, and I find it annoying to watch that logo animation every time I boot the app. I use the Hub hundreds of times per day... I don't need that animation. I need it to be fast. Please remove this animation folks - it's a bad idea.

Ben

6. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

and it's a tray app, if it's license verification you're doing, cache it for 24h

7. Henrarz

Henrarz

Hub seems to be mismanaged so badly.

Some old useful features were removed and Unity doesn’t seem to want them back, but they keep adding BS nobody asked for. And development of the hub seems to be slow - how the hell a simple app like this doesn’t have a native Apple Silicon version?