Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

3.1.0-preview and above issues

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by DJ_JW, Aug 23, 2018.

1. DJ_JW

DJ_JW

Hey Team

I have been testing HDSRP on 2018.2 with the Github version but have had no success using any version greater than 3.0.0-preview.

As soon as I checkout 3.1.0-preview or above (I see 3.3.0-preview is now available) there are errors in console.

The minute I checkout 3.0.0-preview again it all works again.

I would love to look at 3.3.0-preview or even 3.2.0-preview and obviously people are doing it somehow or they wouldn't create the releases but cannot for the life of me get it to work even with the latest 2018.2 version.

I see that Package Manager only lists 3.0.0-preview so I am guessing the later releases are to be used on a version of Unity not from the general installer.

Is there a way for me to test these releases above 3.0.0-preview?

PS. I have tried completely blank projects, and the HD Demo Scene all with exactly the same result.

Thanks in advance.

2. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

3.x.x versions are for Unity 2018.3 and so far we don't have access to the beta yet so you won't be able to use those versions. 3.0.0 slipped through by mistake so you can install it with 2018.2 but that wasn't supposed to be the case.

hippocoder likes this.
  3. elbows

elbows

They recently updated the Scriptable Render Pipeline readme on github to try to explain these issues more clearly:

4. DJ_JW

DJ_JW

Great, thanks guys.
    I had a feeling this would be the case, guess just have to wait for 2018.3 Beta (however long that will be).

Appreciate the help though :)

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

A week or something I guess, according to Unity's most recent comments.

MadeFromPolygons and Antypodish like this.