Search Unity

[3.0b6] Project upgraded from 3.0b4 won't build (sockets)

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by robc, Aug 24, 2010.

1. robc

robc

Hi all,

I've been working with the beta for a while (needed some of the collisions stuff which was added in 3.0), and have surprisingly had a fairly stable run.

However, I've just upgraded from 3.0b4 to 3.0b6, and everytime I try to build for device, I get the "System.Net.Sockets are supported only on Unity iPhone Advanced" error.

Where I'm horribly confused is that whilst I do only have a iPhone Basic licence, my game doesn't rely on networking, and I've not explicitly gone done anything to require it.

Has anyone else ran into this? Is there something I can do to scan the project to see where those classes are being imported into the project? I'm very certain that all of my code doesn't import those namespaces, but I'm really open to suggestions on this one?

2. redd

redd

I'm having the same problem, too -- hope we can get a quick fix on this.

Question though: Are the older builds posted somewhere we can re-download them? I'm okay jumping back a version or two while waiting for b7 to fix this (hopefully.) Sadly, I didn't keep the old downloads on my machine.

3. redd

redd

Just a follow up on this: I changed the Player Settings API Compatibility Level to .net 2.0 Subset and that fixed the problem.

4. robc

robc

Ace. Just gave it a shot here and the project built successfully on my end too. Need to go give it a strong test just to make sure it's all okay, but seems good so far.

I wonder if it's something worth putting into the hands of the Unity guys for a bug report?

Thanks again :D

5. andeeeee

andeeeee

This bug was actually reported a few weeks ago and was confirmed as fixed yesterday. You should have no problem with the next version.