Search Unity

Question 2Dcommon package error?

Discussion in '2D' started by ElMagnifico, Nov 14, 2020.

1. ElMagnifico

ElMagnifico

I'm getting this error in my 2D project since I updated the package:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.2d.common@4.0.3\Editor\InternalBridge\InternalEditorBridge.cs(118,35): error CS0117: 'ProjectBrowser' does not contain a definition for 'kAssetCreationInstanceID_ForNonExistingAssets'

I tried removing and re-importing 2D packages, but it's still there.

also getting this:
    GUID [0ae2b74b1edd14bb18dd7b65ae916a54] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.2d.spriteshape/Editor/ObjectMenuCreation/DefaultAssets/Sprite Shapes/SpriteShapeEdge.png' conflicts with:
    'Packages/com.unity.2d.sprite/Editor/ObjectMenuCreation/DefaultAssets/Textures/SpriteShapeEdge.png' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

Can I fix it? Do I have to start a whole new project?

bwulff likes this.
  2. ed_s

ed_s

Unity Technologies

You might be able to fix it. What editor version are you on and what other packages do you have in your project?

3. bwulff

bwulff

I have the same exact issue in my project. Any way to fix it?

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.2d.common@4.0.3\Editor\InternalBridge\InternalEditorBridge.cs(118,35): error CS0117: 'ProjectBrowser' does not contain a definition for 'kAssetCreationInstanceID_ForNonExistingAssets'

4. SaltwaterAssembly

SaltwaterAssembly

Also having this issue and can't find a workaround. Please assist.

5. zephybite0

zephybite0

I also have this issue but for: 'SpriteBone' does not contain a definition for 'guid' and no accessible extension method 'guid' (are you missing a using directive or assembly reference)?

This is after downgrading from 2021 to 2020.3 because the 2021.1.4f1 crashes wayyyyy too much.

Edit: I give up I'm just gonna stick with 2021.1.4f :[

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  6. DanielTanBK

DanielTanBK

Unity Technologies

Hello, I was unable to reproduce the issue just from this error message.
    Like what ed_s mentioned, do provide us with what editor version are you on and what other packages you have in your project, else, do send a bug report with your attached project for us to take a look

7. DanielTanBK

DanielTanBK

Unity Technologies

Hello, Unity does not support downgrading of projects

However, should you really need to resolve this error, one possible way might be to delete the project's Library and Packages folder, then open it in 2020.3 and manually add back the 2D Animation and 2D PSD Importer packages from package manager. Do back up your project first before attempting as other issues might arise from doing so