Search Unity

Feedback 2D Z Priority sorting removed in latest urp

Discussion in '2D' started by Albarnie, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Albarnie

Albarnie

After starting up my project with the latest version of URP to take advantage of the new 2d shadows I noticed that the sorting of all of my objects was broken. Upon closer inspection it seems to be because the 'custom transparency sort axis' has been removed. Before, i could use the z position of the object as a sort of 'height' to offset the sorting. This is useful in isometric perspectives where some objects are higher than others (e.g lights)

this is an important distinction from the 'order in layer' property as it is just an offset as opposed to an absolute 'this object will always be on top'. it allows me to have objects seemingly have their pivots on the floor when their sprites are much higher, without overly large sprite sizes

In the meantime i can edit the pivots of all of my sprites, but I don't see why the transparency sort axis can no longer be a thing, sorting by z in addition to y was super useful.

(current, also weirdly in this image the shadows show even though the object is sorted behind). upload_2020-4-6_20-33-14.png
    upload_2020-4-6_20-35-7.png (Old, sorry for low res)

2. Albarnie

Albarnie

I realize this option has now been moved to the 2D renderer settings.