Search Unity

2D UFO Tutorial Q&A

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Matthew-Schell, Jan 22, 2016.

1. CRD716

CRD716

I'm having an issue. I did not change the code at all and I do not know how to fix this. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. JKinden

JKinden

Your example script for camera rotation offset spontaneously broke today. I have not touched that script since implementing the example last week. When I went to review that section and compare it to the C+P I took on Friday, your solutions had all changed. I'm new to Unity so where can I find the warnings, version history, and other technical info that would have told me the tutorial was about to be broken and how/where to make the appropriate changes?

LabGecko likes this.
  3. unity_CIOybvOEFvCL8w

unity_CIOybvOEFvCL8w

Barely got anywhere with this. Imported the assets in the latest version of unity and already have 173 red errors of the form below with different types and namespaces.

/Users/(user)/Desktop/Game Project/UFO Game Tutorial/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.3/Editor/Sources/UI/PackageStatusBar.cs(148,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Button' could not be found. Are you missing `UnityEngine.UIElements' or `UnityEngine.UI' using directive?

Also 4 yellow errors. The first two being about the advertising and purchasing assets being read only so the importer is using the settings in the meta file. Then the second two are:

/Users/(user)/Desktop/Game Project/UFO Game Tutorial/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.3/Editor/Sources/UI/PackageManagerToolbar.cs(44,25): warning CS0109: The member `UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.PackageManagerToolbar.SetEnabled(bool)' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required

/Users/(user)/Desktop/Game Project/UFO Game Tutorial/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.3/Editor/Sources/UI/PackageSearchToolbar.cs(66,25): warning CS0109: The member `UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.PackageSearchToolbar.SetEnabled(bool)' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required

These errors meant I could build but not test the game at all as it won't compile any code. I'm not sure how to fix it as it doesn't seem to be an error I've made rather an error in the asset download. I considered trying the tutorial with an older version of unity but the tutorial listing says that it's compatable with all latest versions. (I completely uninstalled and reinstalled unity and the assets to try and fix the issue but no luck.)

4. zoggak

zoggak

Solution is easy. Your Unity version do no match this tutorial. In asset store supported version is "5.4.1 or higher". Despite, if unfolded, it says "Package has been submitted using Unity 5.4.1, 2018.1.0, 2018.2.0, and 2018.3.0 to improve compatibility with the range of these versions of Unity", so Unity 2019.1 for example is not supported. Obviously, header became outdated.

5. unity_E5TAWkyLQtjrag

unity_E5TAWkyLQtjrag

Hello,
    After adding the script file still i'm unable to move the player, can anyone help me out

6. Kenrai

Kenrai

Hello !

Awesome tutorial. I had some trouble to make it work on the 2019.1 unity because I get ~174 errors (like someone above). However, I managed to make it work from A to Z by doing the following :

1) Create a new project and import the UFO from the asset store.
    2) Recover the asset images of background, UFO, and pickup directly from the folder of your project.
    3) Create another new project and DO NOT import anything from the asset store. Just copy paste the images of 2) inside the Sprites folder.
    4) Follow the tutorial. There are a few times where you will have to add things by yourself (the layers and tags), but the tutorial shows you how to do it, it's really no big deal.

Hope that helps. Again, thanks for the tutorial. I feel like I have learned a lot !

unity_zODu6RBm_1b1Lw likes this.
  7. cynic969

cynic969

Wow sad to find that my version isn't supported after following this tutorial and wasting my time :( . I guess I learnt how to check compatibility in the asset store. Maybe this should be mentioned in the "Premium Tutorial".

8. UsernameFound

UsernameFound

So I am a beginner on Unity so I found this tutorial to help me start out, and everything was going fine until I had to write some code. I was doing everything the tutorial told me to, was using the complete code as reference, but in the end, it just had too many errors that I was getting very overwhelmed with them. With that being said, I cooled off and just copy and pasted the complete code. It still had 18 errors! Finally, I decided to finally ask this thread for help. Here's a list of the errors, and mind you, I just copy pasted the complete code from the assets in the complete game folder. Thanks for help in advance. Also, I barely got any help from the previous replies on the thread. OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME 18 ERRORS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.PNG

9. NoArcade

NoArcade

Hey Guys,
    If I click on play Unity says "All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!" But Visual Studio does not show errors, after that I even tried to copy the code from learn.unity and it still doesn't work :(

Any helpful tips?

10. DucaDiMonteSberna

DucaDiMonteSberna

click or doubleckicl on th error, focus should jump where the problem is

11. jczl0001

jczl0001

[QUOTE = "Matthew-Schell, post: 2476236, member: 696883"] Este es el hilo oficial de discusión, problemas y preguntas y respuestas del proyecto OVNI 2D

Utilice este hilo si tiene alguna pregunta, problema o comentario sobre este proyecto.

En su primera incursión en el desarrollo de Unity 2D, cree un juego OVNI simple que le enseñe muchos de los principios para trabajar con objetos de juego, componentes, prefabricados, física 2D y secuencias de comandos.

OVNI 2D es un proyecto de aprendizaje en nuestro sitio de aprendizaje :
    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/2d-ufo-tutorial

Los activos están disponibles aquí:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/52143 [/ QUOTE]
    mi link esta caido habra otro?

12. enriquexD

enriquexD

why can't I download the assentss?

13. Valjuin

Valjuin