Search Unity

2D Tile based procedurally generated maze

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by unity_DBF59DE3E789868E1F6F, Nov 28, 2022.

1. unity_DBF59DE3E789868E1F6F

unity_DBF59DE3E789868E1F6F

So I'm quite the beginning unity coder, and for my mid year project I wanted to make an 8 bit tile based maze game, with riddles and hidden codes. I have everything set but the maze and the riddles, since they are dependent on the maze in which I have a problem. I want to make an 8 bit procedurally generated tile maze, but I have several issues.
    A) Every maze generating code I found creates a maze with a beginning and an end, but what I want is a maze that has "chambers" which contain the riddles (thats why i havent been able to create them yet).
    B) I need the character to start in a chamber in the center rather than the side of the maze, and I need all chmbers to be available via the maze.

Would really appreciate the help!
    Thanks in advance!

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

First make the maze by hand once, making it exactly the way your game needs it: chambers, riddles, etc.

Once you have that first hand-made maze fully operational and the way you want it, then come back and post a brief discussion of what the maze looks like and perhaps someone here can offer guidance to making code that generates it.

orionsyndrome likes this.