Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Terrain Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by V0odo0, Mar 3, 2014.

1. cratica

cratica

Thank you. Yes you are correct about the missing reference. I fixed that and was able to successfully restore a 2 day old backup so I am able to proceed.

Thank you for looking into the circle offset. I appreciate it and thanks for getting back on the other issue.

2. cratica

cratica

Hello, I have run across another issue. I am working on Level 7 for my game. I went to adjust the level and the circle now does not appear at all. I cannot edit this level or any level in the game now. I have rebooted the computer and reinstalled the 2D terrain editor plugin but the issue persists. Basically, nothing happens now when you click "edit mode". Just completely dead. The "Edit Mode" button is working because if I click it the bounding box for the terrain will disappear and reappear if I click Edit Mode button once again. However, when in Edit Mode, there is no circle cursor and no action when left clicking, or any type of clicking such as holding the SHIFT for horizontal lock. There isn't any type of edit cursor displayed and no edit function. Please help with this.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  3. cratica

cratica

I resolved this. It wasn't your plugin it was something in Unity. I went on to work on something else and noticed that the joint anchors were not visible as well. Everything was visible with UI elements and layers so not sure what the issue was. I reset Layouts to default and all UI elements are now visible again. Hope this helps someone else with same issue.

4. V0odo0

V0odo0

@cratica
    Glad you resolved this issue.

I'm currently working on major changes that involves better approach to terrain path editing and mesh generation optimizations using C# Job System.

5. V0odo0

V0odo0

Major upgrade!

Changelog

Old package will be marked as deprecated soon. Anyone who already owns V2 can update to V3 for free.

NOTE:
    V3 has major breaking changes without backward compatibility. Remove previous asset-related files before updating to V3.

6. Hamad08

Hamad08

hi i need to create manual terrain on single click like mine is v3 updated how can i do that?

7. V0odo0

V0odo0

Hi. Random generation feature has been removed in v3. But you still able to implement the path generation logic using API. Check the docs for more info.