Search Unity

Official 2D Sprite Shape is out of preview for 2019.3

Discussion in '2D' started by rustum, Jan 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

2D Sprite Shape.png
    From 2019.3 onwards the 2D Sprite Shape package is out of preview and verified. This means that the 2D Sprite Shape package is stable and will receive regular bug fixes. We will continue to add new functionality and this will be clearly marked as experimental to distinguish it from the more stable features.

Overview
    Sprite Shape is a layout and world-building tool that provides the ability to tile sprites along the path of a shape based on given angle ranges. Additionally the shape can be filled with a tiling texture.

The main feature of Sprite Shape is the powerful combination of a bezier spline path with the ability to tile Sprites adaptively or continuously while automatically switching Sprites assigned to given angles.

Getting Started
    1. Install latest Unity 2019.3
    2. Open Package Manager by going to Window > Package Manager
    3. Choose 2D Sprite Shape from the list and click on Install at the bottom right of the Package Manager window. 2D Sprite Shape in Package Manager.png

2. pastaluego

pastaluego

Great tool. I've already requested a lot of features in the past, but one more thing I think is very crucial but also very doable in a future update is to add or allow for the option to increase the edge mesh slices from 0 to 1 or 2.

The problem that having 0 slices causes can most easily be seen at the curve of a curved edge, and is even seen in one of the sample images on the SpriteShape manual here <https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.2d.spriteshape@3.0/manual/SSController.html>

I think for most projects, a flaw in the mesh this significant makes it unshippable.
    upload_2020-2-6_18-37-8.png

I think the problem is due to the long triangles generated for the vertices of a curve causing it to not properly correspond with the uv positions of the texture. One solution is to add slices into the mesh. Even just 1 slice can fix it most of the time or at least make it unnoticeable enough. If it causes too much overhead for mobile, making it an option would allow more flexibility for projects targeting PC where the extra mesh data is negligible.

I've made dynamic ribbon meshes in the past with a similar shape as the spriteshape edge meshes that had the same exact problem at curves, and I fixed it by adding slices. As an example:

upload_2020-2-6_19-26-17.png

I don't know for sure, but I think it should be relatively easy to add.

That's the only solution I'm aware of, but if there's a better solution to the problem then go with whatever works best.

*I have an unrelated question, I'm actually curious how to even achieve the above image with broken-mirrored point mode.
    When I tried using the same texture, no matter how many settings I tried changing, I couldn't figure out how you got rid of the caps in the center and combined the meshes. This is what happens when I do it (version 3.0.8) : upload_2020-2-7_17-24-18.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Storm4_ and Betzalel like this.
  3. pastaluego

pastaluego

I've already asked this in the previous thread and I'm sure you're tired of hearing it, but I want to elaborate slightly more.

Dedicated corner sprites are great, but for a high quality edge texture, making each individual corner can be more time consuming than making the edge texture itself. And you have to potentially do it 8 times and most of the time it only works with a single edge texture. And making sure it's perfect and there are no seams can get ridiculous. This is a lot of extra work and depending on the resources an indie dev has, it can be very limiting.

Adding another type of linear tangent mode to autogenerate a corner mesh for points whose adjacent edges share the same texture can speed up art design and level design by tenfold for developers who just want a sharp corner.

Using a sample image from the SpriteShape manual again to showcase my point:

I think for a lot of people the edge caps shown above are a big problem. And I could be mistaken but I don't think there's a way to do it in the current version of SpriteShape.

I quickly made a very rough mesh generation script that shows what an auto-corner tangent mode could do using the same texture:
    upload_2020-2-7_16-11-47.png
    Here's a video of it for further demonstration:

I'm new to dynamic mesh generation in general and don't know the best way to properly assign verts/triangles and uvs, so I'm sure you guys could make it work even better.

It obviously can't work for all types of edge textures or texture detail, which is where having the current dedicated corner sprites comes in handy, but for I think the majority of textures it can work very well. Here's a quick rocky edge texture I made to show how well it can work for other textures.

I'm sure making it work for the entirety of a spriteshape is an entire challenge of its own that's way out of my league, but I genuinely think it would improve the tool a great deal and save a lot of both art dev time and level design time as well as give designers more options for creating the perfect terrain for their needs.

Storm4_, Betzalel and samanabo like this.
  4. samanabo

samanabo

I think Sprite Shape is fantastic, but I have seen a few issues and limitations that are preventing me from using this in a production setting. These all seem to be around setting a custom pivot point, so you can adjust where the sprite sits along the spline. I'm using Unity 2019.3.0f6 and Sprite Shape 3.0.8

1. [Bug] Colliders are not generated correctly when a sprite's pivot point is set to custom. As you can see in the image, the pivot is set so that the spline should align with the top of the image, but the collider is generated as though the pivot is set to 'center'. The 'legacy collider' from the Sprite Shape Extras package does generate correctly, and could be used as a work around for the collider generation, but this conflicts a bit with the second issue... ColliderIssue.png

2. Corners are not rendered when the sprite's pivot point for an edge is set to custom. Even if the corner and the edge have their pivot points perfectly aligned (for example both are the same height and have their Y pivot set to 0.6) no corner is shown. My best guess is that this is related to the first issue, it would seem the corners are not rendered because the alignment is not properly calculated.

3. This is more of a feature request, but I want to set an offset for the sprite borders and corners, relative to the spline and collider. For example I would like to be able to create a sprite shape where the corner extends beyond the spline/collider. As well as one where the corner is within the bounds of the collider. This does not seem possible right now as changing the pivot for these sprites results in some strange stretching. ColliderIssue2.png

RemDust and kyuskoj like this.
  5. Betzalel

Betzalel

I agree with this 1000 percent and have been bashing my head against a wall trying to find graphic workarounds without code. Please consider both these points for future releases!

6. pastaluego

pastaluego

My main concern with SpriteShape is that it kind of puts developers in an awkward position and would appreciate some more clarity regarding feature requests.

The reasoning is that SpriteShape still lacks a lot of what I consider important features, some features that assets like Ferr2D have. The problem is that SpriteShape is still taking away some of the market share from assets like Ferr2D, which there's nothing inherently wrong with, but it inhibits incentive to produce new or even maintain/upgrade existing assets like Ferr2D (the developer doesn't seem interested in supporting it anymore (partially because of SpriteShape's existence).

I have no desire to sound rude or overbearing, but it has been almost 2 years now since SpriteShape released and there haven't been many if any big feature additions since the original SpriteShape version. Is it possible to provide a bit more transparency about feature requests you're actively investigating, intending to implement, and or have already deemed undoable/unfeasible? Because it would help developers looking for specific features to make the decision to invest the time into making their own version of spriteshape if you have no intention of adding them. Although the mere existence of SpriteShape makes that decision even tougher to make because any aspiration to turn that invested time into making it into an asset is lessened by the already divided market share and the possibility of SpriteShape potentially having those features added to it later that would make the 3rd party asset obsolete because in-house support is always better.

So I'm just looking for a bit more clarity so I know if I'm wasting my time waiting, because I know Unity devs are busy doing a thousand different things besides SpriteShape and I've said this before but allocating a bit more dev time to SpriteShape to add a lot more key features would make SpriteShape the one-stop shop for non-tilemap 2D terrain and would put Unity on the map for high quality 2D terrain development and pave the way for developers without the ability to make their own tool to have the ability to make very interesting platformers and metroidvanias and new and original 2D genres.

Thanks and I genuinely do not intend to sound ungrateful of the work you've already put into SpriteShape.

7. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

@pastaluego We would like to assure that we will keep improving SpriteShape and appreciate every feedback and suggestion that has been posted. We have been and will be continuously addressing bugs and have addressed most of the forum feedback.

However certain things such as Horizontal split, a great suggestion but may not work for all cases and we want to ensure that solutions for certain features work for most of the general use-cases and do not affect existing use. Also regarding corner sprite, we will continue to improve it.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/spriteshape-preview-package.522575/page-9#post-5139287
    Recent versions also improved corner tessellation and provided flexibility.

With upcoming version, we have improved memory allocations for SpriteShape generation. Also SpriteShape is out of preview as @rustum mentioned above

@rustum
    Thanks again

8. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the bug report and feedback. We will address this bug in an upcoming release. You may also want to consider GeometryCollider from SpriteShape Extras which fits the generate SpriteShape more accurately.

Corners are currently designed so they naturally fit the two neighbor edges and therefore requires Linear mode neighbors and pivot, height settings be same.

However while we make it more flexible, there are also workarounds to achieve the corner sprite when you have neighbor edges with different pivot and heights : 1) Sprite Borders of the Edge Sprites 2) Sprite Variants.

Will post to this thread once we have an update on these. Thanks.

9. samanabo

samanabo

Thanks for the reply! It is good to hear that the bug report was received. If this is being addressed than I would prefer to use the normal collider functionality, as this simpler, and more consistent to setup.

Until this is addressed I have been using the Legacy Collider from Sprite Shape Extras, which does produce a cleaner collider overall. I suspect this is related to the issue I've already logged, but the normal collider tends to generate small edges that do not match the spline. Whereas the legacy collider is always pretty clean. Hopefully by addressing the sprite pivot issue with normal colliders, these small anomalies will also improve.

SmallGaps.png

Having worked with the corners a bit more I was able to get a better result (and makes sense how the corners are meant to align).
    Also, I can see how sprite variants could serve as corners without distortion... but seems to require quite a bit of manual adjustment for every corner, and forces you to alter your collider shape.

Again thanks for the update, any other info about progress, roadmap, timing or any other development details are greatly appreciated!

10. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

I'm trying out SpriteShape for the first time, it looks really good and intuitive.

However i'd like the edge collider to follow the edges too, is that in any way possible?
    upload_2020-2-14_15-55-58.png

This is the collision generated, i can increase the Offset to generally include the edges more, but is it possible to really follow the outlines of the textures?

upload_2020-2-14_15-58-38.png

When i compare the polygon collider with what is generated its much more detailed.

I just tried the GeometryCollider as well, which promptly runs out of memory.
    upload_2020-2-14_16-9-4.png

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  11. runonthespot

runonthespot

I have a game that for various reasons needs 3d physics but would really benefit from this capability- is there any way to extend to work for 2.5d/3d? Ideally it should use box colliders similar to how ragespline used to do it, so that even though it's appearing in 2d, it supports collision with 3d objects.

It's such an amazing package.

12. cyanryanlion

cyanryanlion

Hey, I’ve been using Sprite Shape quite a lot recently and really enjoying it. One small pain point for me is how snapping works when editing the spline, having it be toggled via a checkbox in the inspector is quite annoying and against the standard UX of how other transform handles work with snapping (hold ctrl) in unity. I switch between snapping on/off quite a lot during editing a level.

I understand this is a pretty small issue but are there any plans to address this in a future release perhaps? (I’m on 2019.3 and latest package)

To me it seems pretty odd to have it as a check box but maybe there’s a reason for it or maybe I’m missing something.

samanabo likes this.
  13. NotEvenTrying

NotEvenTrying

Could we please get corners for open-ended shapes (just edges without fill basically)? None of the current corners work for them at the moment, regardless of the corner threshold, leaving open-ended shapes with cropped-off ends, which can't be used in any scenario unless you hide the ends behind other objects :\

EDIT: Realised we can do this already, by adding in the ends of the edge as sprite variations for the edge, nevermind! :D

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  14. samanabo

samanabo

Aside from the snapping issue already mentioned (you have to turn it on every time you select a different sprite shape), I've noticed that the snapping is not affected by the snap settings 2019.3.
    It seems like unity has switched to new snap setting preferences, and spriteshape is using the old preferences (which are no longer directly accessible through the editor).

I had to write a small custom editor in order to modify the snap settings that do affect the sprite shape points.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEditor;
    4. public class EditSnap : EditorWindow {
    6.     public static float snapX {
    7.         get { return EditorPrefs.GetFloat("MoveSnapX"); }
    8.         set { EditorPrefs.SetFloat("MoveSnapX", value); }
    9.     }
    11.     public static float snapY {
    12.         get { return EditorPrefs.GetFloat("MoveSnapY"); }
    13.         set { EditorPrefs.SetFloat("MoveSnapY", value); }
    14.     }
    16.     public static float snapZ {
    17.         get { return EditorPrefs.GetFloat("MoveSnapZ"); }
    18.         set { EditorPrefs.SetFloat("MoveSnapZ", value); }
    19.     }
    22.     [MenuItem("Tools/Set Snap", false, 120)]
    23.     static void Init() {
    24.         EditorWindow.GetWindow(typeof(EditSnap));
    25.     }
    27.     void OnGUI() {
    28.         GUILayout.Label("Old Snap Settings?", EditorStyles.boldLabel);
    29.         snapX = EditorGUILayout.FloatField("Snap X", snapX);
    30.         snapY = EditorGUILayout.FloatField("Snap Y", snapY);
    31.         snapZ = EditorGUILayout.FloatField("Snap Z", snapZ);
    32.     }
    33. }

Storm4_ likes this.
  15. alex174

alex174

Hello!
    What this red warning means:
    "Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent (Int32, IntPtr)
    "
    ?
    It looks like it appears when working with Sprite Shapes, but I'm not sure.

16. jeffweber

jeffweber

I'm currently doing some optimization with my game and currently, the item causing the highest "Time ms" in the profiler is the following:
    Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 5.00.35 AM.png
    Is there anything I can do to reduce this number?

17. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we will be addressing in an upcoming release.

cyanryanlion likes this.
  18. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback. SpriteShape only uses rect data of sprites to generate render geometry and collider points. Therefore using outlines of the sprite for collider is not possible. Also doing so, will increase geometry and physics2d runtime cost quite considerably.
    For accurate results, we would suggest using Geometry Collider found in the extras of the Package.

TJHeuvel-net likes this.
  19. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

I believe this issue is unrelated to SpriteShape and a fix for a related bug is available in recent releases. Thanks for posting.

Basically HasSplineChanged tests for change in the spline data and if regenerating the Spriteshape is required. This can potentially be optimized on runtime for static spriteshape objects (i.e objects that never get modified on the runtime).

20. alex174

alex174

Yes, I saw that the problem is resolved. Thanks.
    I do not know how anyone, but I decided after SpriteShape_3.0.9 update.:)
    Thanks again!

21. jeffweber

jeffweber

I just updated my project from Sprite Shape 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 and now I get this:
    Any ideas? Really don't want to go edit all my sprite shapes.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 5.23.43 AM.png

22. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a repro project? We will take a look and fix it asap.

23. jeffweber

jeffweber

I can't easily submit my project, but I do know how to make the issue happen now.

It has to do with setting angles on the Shape Profile:

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.36.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.36.58 AM.png

Is there a better way to use a single texture for all angles? I guess I could use the same texture multiple times and use smaller angles.

24. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

@jeffweber
    180 to -180 is a perfectly valid anglerange setup. We cannot reproduce the above case. Would be great if you can send us a simple scene with one same GameObject with Spriteshape that causes the bug (You can use any test fill texture). Will fix this asap.

25. jeffweber

jeffweber

Ok, here's the bug I reported regarding this error. Along with sample project.

https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1227402_d1vfqjhmljri3urc

26. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

@jeffweber Thanks so much for the repro project. The issue had already been fixed but somehow missed getting in version 3.0.9.
    We have fixed it in 3.0.10. Please update to 3.0.10 once its available. Will post an update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

fyi : 4.0.2 (for 2020.1) released along 3.0.9 (for 2019.3) already has the fix.
    The required changes is in SpriteShapeController.cs (Line :431):

Code (CSharp):
    1.     // Approximate vertex Array Count.
    2.     float shapeLength = BezierUtility.BezierLength(shapePoints, splineDetail * splineDetail) * 2.0f;    // [MODIFIED]
    3.     int adjustWidth = hasSprites ? ((int)(shapeLength / smallestWidth) * 6) + (pointCount * 6 * splineDetail) : 0;
    4.     int adjustShape = pointCount * 4 * splineDetail;
    5.     adjustShape = optimizeGeometry ? (adjustShape) : (adjustShape * 2);  // [ADDED]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    jeffweber likes this.
  27. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

fyi: 3.0.10 is now available. If you are using 3.0.9 and find "Out of Range" errors on certain SpriteShape cases, please update to 3.0.10. Thanks.

jeffweber likes this.
  28. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

Getting severe performance hits in the editor when many SpriteShapeControllers are on screen. Is there some flag I can set that will reduce the work being done? Does it need to be doing all that work for each object every tick? I would like to keep using this, but the 51 here only represent one scene, and there are many more to go, so the performance issues present a challenge.

spriteshapecontroller-onwillrender.png

With Deep Profile enabled:
    spriteshapecontroller-onwillrender-deepprofile.png

29. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

As long as there are no changes to Input data, SpriteShape is generated only once.for a given set of data (Spline, SpriteShape Profile, Sprites etc..).

1) Are you dynamically modifying SpriteShape or Control Points on the runtime ?
    2) Installing Burst should give performance boost for SpriteShape generation. Please do install Burst.
    3) If SpriteShape is huge and is static, try using WorldSpace UV and divide them to multiple SpriteShapeObjects. They should all connect seamlessly.

Also, could you please post a simple repro project to help us take a quick look ?

30. pastaluego

pastaluego

Regarding your suggestion to #3 specifically, it comes with a relatively large drawback that I think I mentioned in the original spriteshape thread over 2 years ago. Many if not most 2D games (those using orthographic camera instead of perspective) use transform position offsets for their midground/background objects to create a parallax effect . Like you suggested, in order to composite smaller spriteshape pieces together you need to use worldspace UVs in order to sync their fill textures. Which is great, but the big problem is that it only works for static objects because it becomes permanently synced with worldspace UVs. This makes it so the fill texture doesn't move with the transforms, which makes moving composited spriteshapes impossible with worldspace UVs enabled.

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, the solution is incredibly simple: when worldspace UV is turned on, just have it keep that value when it's turned off. That way you can move the objects you synced locally again and the fills still match.

I apologize for the implication of the bold lettering.

31. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

1) No, they're only being used for greyboxing the world at the moment. I wanted to see if that worked before using it with final art. Play mode is not enabled when the performance issues surface. The previous images were while profiling the editor.

Here is another example:
    profile-editor-001.png

2) Tried it. Burst did not help improve performance in the editor.
    3) They are fairly large, but why would this help? Again, the profiler shows this work is being done every tick, when play mode is not active. Other areas of the project have thousands of sprites being rendered on screen without this performance hit.

It will take some time to get a repro project put together.

32. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

This is what the profiler graph looks like when I'm not pointing the scene camera at the Sprite Shape Controllers. You can see it went from over 66ms to under 5ms.
    profile-editor-002.png

Another example, this time starting with the Sprite Shape Controllers in view, and panning away from them:
    profile-editor-003.png

33. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

Here you go @Venkify . Drop this into an empty scene and you should immediately see the latency in the Scene view.

I tested this in a new, empty project, with only 2D Common, 2D Path, 2D Sprite and 2D SpriteShape imported from the package manager, and it was still happening.

Attached Files:

34. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Many thanks for the repro project. It looks like a valid SpriteShape Profile is not set in SpriteShapeController of any of the GameObjects. You can create a simple SpriteShape Profile with a fill texture (a simple 2x2 texture with Wrap Mode set to Repeat) and assign it to all the SpriteShape Controllers. A valid SpriteShape Profile needs to be set to the SpriteShapeController in runtime anyway. This should fix the issue.

Geometry generation of SpriteShape depends on SpriteShape validation taking place every frame, hence the issue. Its always recommended to have atleast a default SpriteShape set in SpriteShapeController.

Please let us know if this fixed the issue. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  35. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

@Venkify
    That was the root cause, thank you. I had a profile set in one, but must have overlooked the others. Thank you for helping address this. I'll pay more attention to that if this comes up again.

36. tosiabunio

tosiabunio

Unity 2019.3.7f1 with SpriteShape2D 3.0.10 - I'm getting hundreds of the following errors only in a built project - everything is fine in the editor.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Unity.Collections.NativeSlice`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00001] in <73b499366e5241bda47e5da76897738b>:0
    at UnityEngine.U2D.SpriteShapeGenerator.TessellateContour () [0x0016b] in <f2e56af3bc4f462baa9031725d650bbe>:0
    at UnityEngine.U2D.SpriteShapeGenerator.Prepare (UnityEngine.U2D.SpriteShapeController controller, UnityEngine.U2D.SpriteShapeParameters shapeParams, System.Int32 maxArrayCount, Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] shapePoints, Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] metaData, UnityEngine.U2D.AngleRangeInfo[] angleRanges, UnityEngine.Sprite[] segmentSprites, UnityEngine.Sprite[] cornerSprites) [0x0004b] in <f2e56af3bc4f462baa9031725d650bbe>:0
    at UnityEngine.U2D.SpriteShapeController.BakeMesh (System.Boolean needUpdateSpriteArrays) [0x00329] in <f2e56af3bc4f462baa9031725d650bbe>:0
    at UnityEngine.U2D.SpriteShapeController.OnWillRenderObject () [0x00028] in <f2e56af3bc4f462baa9031725d650bbe>:0

I was unsuccessful in making a repro project so I decided to report it here.

Gingerbeer likes this.
  37. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer

Unity 2019.3.7f1 + 2DSpriteShape 3.0.10 makes my game crash, the crash only occurs on the phone (It runs without any error in the editor) : (

38. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

We are taking a look into this. Would be great if you could submit a simple repro project. Thanks.

39. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer

Hello Venkify, I can't make the test project at the moment.
    But I have more information from my testing.

I also have the problem with Unity 2019.3.7 + 2D Sprite Shape 3.0.9.

Downgrading to Unity 2019.3.6 + 2D Sprite Shape 3.0.8 fixed the problem.

40. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

@Gingerbeer
    As we are unable to reproduce the issue, could you please submit a simple repro project ? It can be a simple scene with just one object exhibiting the behavior. Will take a look asap.

41. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer

42. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Thanks so much. Will take a look asap and update this thread.
    Cheers!

43. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to hear the result.

44. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

@Gingerbeer Although I could not run the built application (due to various dependenceis), I took a quick look at the project and it looks like some of the SpriteShape Objects does not have a proper SpriteShape Profile set in SpriteShapeController. Please ensure that SpriteShapeControllers have a valid SpriteShape profile. You can simply create a Dummy SpriteShape profile asset with a simple 4x4 white texture for Fill texture and assign it to the SpriteShapes.
    @tosiabunio Its also most likely the cause of the issue you posted above. Kindly try setting a SpriteShape profile as above and let us know if this helps.

@Glaswyll, @Gingerbeer @tosiabunio Adding a SpriteShape Profile is required for runtime to properly generate the geometry. In Editor for conveience/quick prototyping we allowed without a SpriteShapeProfile. However it should never cause such issues above. We will make sure to fix it in the next version. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks.

tosiabunio likes this.
  45. jeffweber

jeffweber

I'm seeing a number of issue caused by this lack of a profile shape. Maybe something in the editor to hint more strongly that it is required would be good.... or just require it in editor since it's require at build time anyway. Just a thought.

46. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Agreed and we will add it in the upcoming version. Thanks.

47. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer

Thank you I'll fill the profile shape and test the game again ^^

48. flapierrelds

flapierrelds

Hello. We are using SpriteShape 3.0.10 with Unity 2019.3.7 and we have a weird GC Allocation that seems to be coming from SpriteShapeController.OnGUI(). We have this GC Allocation in a full build.

GCAlloc.PNG

As we can see, SpriteShapeController.OnGUI() is called 32 times and GUIUtility.BeginGUI() produces the GC Allocation. Is this something known? We do not have any GC Allocation when the SpriteShape object is disabled.

The other question I have is why the SpriteShapeController.OnGUI() called in a full build (ie: not in the Editor)?

cyanryanlion and LDSdev like this.
  49. Betzalel

Betzalel

Hello is there an option to split a larger spriteshape into smaller parts? if not is there any consideration to Implement it further down the line?

50. tosiabunio

tosiabunio

That was the reason - added the profile and the error is gone. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.