Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug 2d sprite image not available for image source in UI

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by westergard, Dec 21, 2023.

1. westergard

westergard

Am i missing something in Unity 2023? For the past versions, i added an image to my assets, converted the texture to Sprite 2D and UI, and i could easily add that image to a UI-image.

Now, in 2023, i'm doing exactly the same thing with the same image, i change the texture to Sprite2D, click Apply, and when i try to pick it as image source, it's not even in the available list...

If i use a sprite renderer, it works perfectly. Any idea why i can't add a simple 2D sprite image as source to a UI image?

Thanks for your help

2. zheka_demon

zheka_demon

I also came across this. But I decided, in a 3d project, when you select the 'Sprite 2D and UI' mode, for some reason he chooses the multiple sprite mode. You need to select the single mode and everything will work. upload_2024-1-31_5-48-27.png

johndragomir, Toinouu and R0obi11 like this.