Search Unity

2D Sprite Aspirated Shader Effect

Discussion in '2D' started by unity_zHFaHnEs2Lt1ng, Oct 15, 2018.

1. unity_zHFaHnEs2Lt1ng

unity_zHFaHnEs2Lt1ng

Hello everyone,

I have something in mind since many weeks and I didn't find any help or any assets that will help me to achieve what I have in mind. Shaders are very difficult to understand and especially write for me, although I watched lots of video about the subject and read lots of tutorial and classes. But, I find it one of the most difficult things to do. So I ended with the new shader graph feature in Unity which is so great for people who can't write shaders like me (I can create a dissolve effect !! yay...)
    Anyway, for my project, I wanted to do a kind of aspirated effect. For example, there is a dark zone in my scene, and when my character (which is a sprite) is close enough, or touch the zone, I want my character to be aspirated by the zone and disappear (like a dissolve, but with some kind of distortion in the direction of the zone. Like when you imagine something to be aspirated by a black hole). And if my sprite finally exit the zone, it does the reversed aspiration effect (this part is under discussion, but you get the idea).

I don't know if all is clear. I never found something like this on the asset stor or the internet. I guess it something to tweak with a mix of distortion and dissolve effect, but if someone can help me in anyway, that would be great.

Thank you and good luck in your game developments !