Search Unity

2d Sprite Animation issue post build

Discussion in 'Animation' started by AndrewMArrInt, Nov 17, 2021.

1. AndrewMArrInt

AndrewMArrInt

Hi,

I have an issue that I don't understand. After building the game that I am building I am getting this on some of my animations. What is interesting is that if I create a new scene and place the same animations, build the scene, and play the build, the animations are okay.

Unity version that I am using is 2019.4.19f1. The sprite sheet configuration of the distorted animation is not different from any other sprite sheet of the same kind.

What should I look for in order to resolve, or trace the source of the issue?

Thank you for your assistance, in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  2. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @AndrewMArrInt,
    I don't really understand the issue you are having, and what we are supposed to see in these images you shared.
    Could you break the failure down for me? I.e.
    - What do you do in order to have the error appear?
    - What is the error/issue you are seeing?
    - What 2D features are you using apart from Sprites and Sprite Renderers?

Thanks!

3. AndrewMArrInt

AndrewMArrInt

Thanks for replying back. That's the part I don't understand. If I run the game in the editor, all the animations and images are getting rendered just fine. There were no errors that would pertain to the distorted images after building, all I did is build my game, and when I run the executable, those distorted images is what's appearing on some of my png and animations. The attached images are what those images are supposed to be. I did not use any other features. Similar game objects has the same exact settings as these ones and the assets got rendered just fine after building. I tried building it in two other machines, and the result is the same.

Attached Files:

4. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Would you mind sharing your project with me so I can take a closer look?
    If so you can send me a private message of where I can download it.
    Thanks!