Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

2d sorting layer issue

Discussion in '2D' started by mholmes, Nov 7, 2018.

1. mholmes

mholmes

I'm not sure why but I had to move my object in the hierarchy in order for it to be in front of another object:
    sorting layer issue.png

Big Rock 3 is on sorting layer Objects_3 and Big Rock 2 is on sorting layer Objects_2 which should be behind layer Objects_3 I thought. am I misunderstanding how sorting layers work in Unity?

2. PGJ

PGJ

It is because your object are located inside a Canvas. Canvas objects are placed according to their position in the hierarchy

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 11:22 AM
  3. mholmes

mholmes