Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

2D Smooth Follow with zoom Like Ski Safari Tiny Wings

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by krithik_b007, Jun 13, 2013.

1. krithik_b007

krithik_b007

Hello

I am trying achieve smooth follow of the character in Y axis with zoom when the character jumps high similar like Ski Safari .
    I am using smooth follow script.

Code (csharp):
    1. transform.position = target.position;
    2. transform.position -= currentRotation * Vector3.forward * distance;
    3. transform.position.x = target.position.x+384;
    I Know we need to change the camera orthographic size but it should be very smooth proportionate to the jump.

Regards
    Krithik

2. lylat

lylat

you could use MoveTowards to smooth the movements for all of them, including the change in camera size.

For the height change you could make it so that:

distance from floor = playerheight - floorheight (determines the distance to the floor)
    change in camera size = distance from floor / (the value that will determine how much zoom happens.

camerasize = initialcamerasize + change in camera size

that will need to be coded properly but that is the logic I would use.

3. krithik_b007

krithik_b007

Thanks :) , i will try it out and let you know the result :)

4. lylat

lylat

No worries :) good luck

5. krithik_b007

krithik_b007

Hello Currently i am moving the player in the dynamic terrain with force like

Code (csharp):
    1. rigidbody.AddForce (Vector3.right * force);
    But still i am not able to make out like how can we move the camera in Y Axis , just like in Ski Safari .i.e (Player can move in between 250 to 650 in Y axis ) , if he goes above 650 than again camera should follow , same goes when player goes below 250 .

Problem is since i am moving the player (Player pos can go to -10000 in y since he is going down in terrain) and camera s position depends on the player i am not able to calculate these boundary values .

Thank you .

6. ar0nax

ar0nax

wouldn't it be easier to just parent the camera to the Player and in Update calculate a simple Vector3 offset which you apply to the camera's initial localPosition?

7. krithik_b007

krithik_b007

Ah whether we need to add Player inside camera or Camera inside player . If we add Camera inside player , than we need to take care of rotation of camera etc since when player rotates than camera will also rotate (since camera is child) !

I am trying to achieve something like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPX8dw283X4

8. krithik_b007

krithik_b007

Hello

I am new to unity so i want some clarifications.

Current game which i am doing is similar to ski safari , after lot of different approaches i managed to smooth follow with zoom .
    But i few queries regarding zoom . The game has 4 layers of parallax movement and i want to zoom only first 2 layers when the player jumps , whether we need to use 2 cameras ? Can we avoid it ? Also when the camera zooms (change in orthographic camera size) the player goes towards center can we avoid this ? i want to keep the player in same x axis whenever i change the orthographic size of the camera .

Thanks

unityunity