Search Unity

[2D] Smart Character Generator - Create, Customize, and Randomly Generate 2D characters !

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Phan-Phantz, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Phan-Phantz

Phan-Phantz

Smart Character Generator 2D
    Create, Customize, and Randomly Generate 2D characters within a minute!
    Try It on Web Demo! | Online Manual | Bug Report | Feature Request

Smart Character Generator 2D (SCG) is a character creation system for Unity that helps you accelerate in your 2D game development by providing you tools to create 2D characters that are highly customizable and easy to animate. It also gives you the power of editing, saving, loading, and even randomly generating characters both in editor and runtime!

Asset Store Page :
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/sprite-management/smart-character-generator-2d-171398

KEY FEATURES

1. Deep Customization
    All parts of the character body can be edited, saved, loaded, and randomly generated both in editor and runtime.

> Quick Editing: Edit your character instantly from the inspector.
    • Quickly alter the body shape to make skinny, tall and muscular 2D characters.
    • ncludes the control of face, hairstyle, breasts, and belly.
    • Change Age & Gender of the character.
    • Fully customize the clothes and colors of the character. The supported clothing options are shirt (or naked), inner shirt/armor, vest, sleeves, inner sleeves, coat, pants, skirt, gloves, long gloves, headwears, eyewear/mask, shoes, and boots.
    • In-hand items customization is also included with controllable finger poses.
    • Built-in Color Palettes help you pick colors faster.
    > Deep Editing: Wants to turn all the knobs? You can go deeper and change the sprite, size, and color of every single part via the inspector or code.​

2. Animation Tools

> Perspective Simulation: Easily change the angle of the character’s perspective to give more depth to your animations.
    > Built-in Joint system: Animate faster with the assistance of built-in handles, pose shortcuts, rotation limiter, toe joint, foot IK, and finger posing
    > Ground Simulation: Position the character on the ground level automatically, With this feature, you can create walking animation clips that contain only rotational changes then let Ground Simulation handle all vertical translations of each character. So that walking clip will work on every character even though they have different heights.
    > Skirt & Shirttail Simulation: Simulate the folding of skirt & shirttail based on leg rotations.​

3. Save System
    Save & Load Character Profile using binary files, works in the editor, and build.

4. Random Character Generator
    Generate random characters, you can also create patterns and rules to generate the specific kind of character with Variants system.

⭐ LONG TERM SUPPORT ⭐
    ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
    Buy this once and get all the updates coming to Smart Character Generator 2D. I’ll keep improving this asset to give you the best experience in your 2D project development. If you encounter any bugs or have any suggestions about what to improve in the future make sure to let me know via:
    Bug Report | Feature Request

Or you can contact me directly at E-mail : phun.peeticharoenthum@gmail.com

Upcoming Features
    - Multi-layer body clothing.
    - Save & Load Clothes only.
    - Sprite Assigner Shortcut window.
    - Arm IK
    - Sitting Simulation
    And more...​

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. Razouille

Razouille

Hello @Phan-Phantz , your tool seems pretty sweet, would it be possible to create a WebGL build in order to test it? I'm really interested in the perspective handling!

3. Phan-Phantz

Phan-Phantz

Hi there, @Razouille good idea! I'm working on it right now!

4. Phan-Phantz

Phan-Phantz

5. tungerbeatbunker

tungerbeatbunker

The Tool looks great:) is it possible to export the character animations as a spritesheet?

6. OrfStudios

OrfStudios

Yeah, I would ask the same thing! Is it possible to export it as a transparent picture