Search Unity

2d simple directional blending problem

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Misscelan, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Misscelan

Misscelan

I have 9 animations with the exact same initial frame, the second frame is also the same but rotated a few degres. If set the editor to the beginning of the animation and move it between these 2 animations this happens (the arm performs a weird rotation):

What am I missing here?

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Check the actual values of the animation curves for that bone using the Animation window. It looks like one of those two animations has the bone about 360 degrees away from the other so when played individually they look fine, but when interpolating between them it goes through the full rotation. That's just a guess though.

Misscelan likes this.
  3. Misscelan

Misscelan

Thanks for the reply!

I'm working with blender, and using lots of IK bones, so finding the culprit in the animation window might be a bit tedious, but even if I do I would not be able to fix it there (as far as I know).

In blender I have selected all the bones and copy/paste the pose to the all the animations, so at least the source should have the same keyframes for all the animations however Unity seems to be doing something funky when importing them.

Also I'm suffering from this issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/clip-inspector-performance.730505/ which makes investigating this issue even more difficult :(