Search Unity

Question 2D Shader effect and Spritesheet animation.

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by SystemId, May 1, 2021.

1. SystemId

SystemId

Hello,
    I'm fishing a little for help with a problem I am having with Shader graph, and Spritesheets.
    Ive done one of the several tutorials about making a dissolve effect on a sprite, but this effect does not work with stuff that is animated with spritesheets.

I understand why .. because the animations are basically jumping the UV all over the place when it animates actions, and most dissolve shader effects are relying on the sprite to just stay still.

I am looking for a way around this. From what I have read around, it seems like there might be a way to do this with another "UV" channel. But Im not exactly sure. I was wondering if anyone would know what I need to do to get a dissolve like effect to work with animated sprites from a spritesheet.

I cant seem to find any tutorial or form thread about this .. so just pointing me to the right direction would be a great help.

Thxs.

2. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

You could try using a Position node set to World (or perhaps Screen Position) and plug that into the UV for your dissolve effect. However this could look funny if the character moves its position (or screen position) during the effect, so it's not going to work for every case.

SystemId likes this.