Search Unity

2D Physics Puzzle Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dreeka, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Acumen

Acumen

We would really like to thank everyone who purchased this toolkit during our special sale this weekend.
    If you hurry up you can still catch this toolkit for 50% off for a short time before we change the price back to the original.

If you have any questions, suggestions or bugs to report, just get in touch with us :)

2. DaniSanch

DaniSanch

Hard to contact seller but effective

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. Acumen

Acumen

While I feel can feel your personal pain about not getting a prompt answer I think such a harsh reply on the support thread is highly uncalled for.
    Dreeka is bending over backwards to incorporate bugfixes to both toolkits we have in the AssetStore and tries his very best to reply to each and every question that comes up for our users but this is not his fulltime job, so sometimes stuff falls through the cracks. He has university work to do, freelance developer work to be able to support our toolkits and most importantly has a private life.
    If the forums have solved many problems that existed for you, that is superbe, in my opinion and I want to thank all of these engaged users. This is precisely how a community can work together to get the best out of everything :)

So far Dreeka always did his best to follow up and yes, sometimes people had to ask twice but in the end we could solve an issue, as far as I can see viewing each answer in our threads. Also multiple updates adressed fixes that were requested and brought to our attention by our customers. We don't want a broken product out there, of course. So gamebreaking things are tried to be solved as soon as possible. So things that pop up multipled times are tried to be ironed out while individual things or uses are tried to be handled in a reasonable amount of time and scope.

So yeh, again I'm sorry you feel this way, but it really is not that easy to sell. We have been working incredible long hours to get the product out there and even more by Dreeka to support it through its lifespan. Expecting 24 hours reply is nothing that we can guarantuee given this is not our fulltime job. And if people think they are entitled to such a customer service for a product in our price range, things might be a bit out of perspective. If other products can offer and guarantuee that, that is supersweet for them, for sure.
    We DO try to offer best support possible given our personal resources and even listen to replies like yours, but please keep in mind we are human beings and not some soulless robots that work like monkeys to keep 300% of people happy.

I personally believe in by respecting each others time, resources and personal challenges, any problem can be sorted out in a nice and honest way.
    I hope you are feeling a but better by letting some steam off, hoewever certain things can't be changed to 100% of your expectations, that is for sure.

oh, I see you just edited your response. Why don't you post the actual bug/issue you encountered. Since in the past this proved succesful. Also then the entire community can benefit from a found or offered solution to the problem. This would help you and many more in the future. That seems much better than some private emails, in my opinion :)

4. DaniSanch

DaniSanch

Thank you for your answer, I just hope I have the same speed of response when is a question or problem of the Kit,

Regards

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  5. Acumen

Acumen

Well like I said, asking in this thread will benefit not only you but also other customers that might have the same issues, which will help us improving the product, in the short and long run :)
    I can surely accept your opinion and decision on not asking any more questions, still you sound very upset which is obviously not something that we enjoy to happen and we show our best interest to solve any issues that may appear with the toolkit.

If you should change your mind, it would be very appreciated if you posted in this thread, so you and everyone that is interested can see how a specific issue can be solved. Or how we can solve it together. The solution is what counts, after all :)

6. WarleAndre

WarleAndre

About rip-off, see this:
    (The Incredible Machine, 1993 game).

7. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

For anyone interested, my game made with this toolkit is now out!

It's available on Windows Phone 8 and Windows Store 8.1/RT 8.1

CLOWNTRAPTIONS!

Video and info/screenshots

Windows Store link

Windows Phone link

I made quite a lot of changes and customisations to the toolkit (some discussed in this thread), and I'd be happy to answer an questions about what I did in my game and how I achieved it with the 2D Physics Puzzle Kit.

8. Dreeka

Dreeka

I really like it, good job! :)

9. Mage-Co

Mage-Co

Hi I have bought this kit last week, but when I run your scene demo it not smooth and fast as show by the demo in webplayer. Not sure you have to change any parameter or not, specially the basket ball, the movement is very slow and look not interesting. Pls help

10. Dreeka

Dreeka

Hey,
    Unity 4.5 has changed the inertia in the 2d physics system a litte. If you set it to around 0.5, it will be better. I will also release an update this week for it.

11. Mage-Co

Mage-Co

Thanks Dreeka, please let us know if you update the kit, looking for your rev.

12. Mage-Co

Mage-Co

Still waiting for your update I don't know how to change inertia to 0.5. Please help

13. Dreeka

Dreeka

Update 1.03 has been submitted to the Asset Store! it should be available soon.

If anyone needs it earlier, please PM me your invoice number, and I will send it to you!

14. Mage-Co

Mage-Co

I have pm to you pls check

15. Mage-Co

Mage-Co

Hi Dreeka have you check inbox.

16. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

I just got around to porting my game using this toolkit to the Android Play Store!

Apparently it may take a few hours before it's visible in the store, but here's a link if anyone wants to try it out.

It's FREE (for the time being), and I'd appreciate it if anyone who tries it can let me know if it works well or not on their device as with Android there are so many devices.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Grogan.Clowntraptions

17. Dreeka

Dreeka

Congratulations on your release! I will try it out once it is available! :)

18. frak

frak

Nice looking kit.

I cannot find in the docs, how you specify the goals. Accordlingly I add a goal basket and basketball only to a fresh level, and the game does not end when the ball lands in the basket. I am sure I am missing something obvious here!

I also notice that when I add a toolbox object to the toolbox, when i drag it out and place it it is fine, however the green turn graphic does not work. i.e. when I click on it to turn the object nothing happens.

The example levels do not have this issue - still trying to find out what I am missing, again.

Using Unity 4.5

thanks

19. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

You need to drag the objects into the relevant places in the Overlord object script. Find the Overlord object and select it. In the inspector you should see 'Goal' and 'Target' empty fields. Drag-and-drop the ball into the 'Target' field and the basket into the 'Goal' field.

20. Dreeka

Dreeka

@frak:
    When you add objects to a scene, make sure you put them into the proper place in the hierarchy (LevelManager -> LevelElements or LevelManager -> ToolboxElements). You can also set the goal in the Overlord gameobject's Goal Manager script.

21. nelsonlarocca

nelsonlarocca

Dear all:

I've read "with mobile support" but even it loads both in Windows Phone and an LG Flex 950 Android, no way to make appear the asset box. Using the Windows Desktop version, the game let take assets out of the box just moving the pointer up.

Any fix to that ?
    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Nelson

22. medidog

medidog

That also happened to me! And also, can actually take any assets even if they collide with the others and if you let the pointer go instantly, it just stays there on any other object. When I push the play button, the game's physics go crazy!

23. Dreeka

Dreeka

@nelsonlarocca
    Can you please describe your issue with the asset box with a little more detail? And also, which version of the kit do you use?

@medidog
    Thanks for reporting the instantly moving pointer issue. I was able to find it, and it will be fixed in the next update.

24. ihab_b

ihab_b

Hi

have you fixed the resolution for all platforms ? and how abou the touch of ios ?

25. Dreeka

Dreeka

Hey,
    I have a solution for the resolution problem. I am currently checking the touch settings. You can except the update tomorrow.

26. Dreeka

Dreeka

Update 1.04 has been submitted to the asset store! It should be available soon!

Features:
    - Improved resolution manager, which works on every aspect ratio
    - Improved item placement

27. mr-AR

mr-AR

hey i just bought your package. I'm intend to using it for mobile game, the problem is the buttons are too small. I've tried resize it manually, but the toolbox misplaced, maybe because the resolution manager. and also the width of the toolbox didn't look good
    can i resize the toolbox and the toolbox item collider with the same experience?? how?
    Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 5.54.44 pm.png

28. Dreeka

Dreeka

@mr.AR
    Yes, you can resize the toolbox. You have to resize the following items:
    - background (GUIManager -> Toolbox -> Strip)
    - backgroundCap (GUIManager -> Toolbox -> Strip)
    - ToolboxButton (GUIManager -> Toolbox)

The next step is to resize the toolbox elements. You can find the under LevelManager -> ToolboxElements. You have to resize them on the X and Y axis, and change the width variable on the Toolbar Item Type script as well.

29. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

If anyone wants to play 'Game of Clowns', which I made with this toolkit, you can get the full version for Windows desktop from my blog:
    http://unity.grogansoft.com/

You can download it for free, though there is the option to donate some coins if you like it (or if you're just a cool person).

You can also ask me any questions (either here or via the blog) about how I made the game. Please note I haven't actually launched my blog officially yet, so it might look wonky.

30. nelsonlarocca

nelsonlarocca

pum...
    why don't you add it to the asset store ?

31. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

My game? You can't upload a game to the asset store. And I of course don't have the right to sell the 2D Physics Puzzle Kit code that the game is based on.

nelsonlarocca likes this.
  32. Dreeka

Dreeka

@pumpkinszwan
    I have downloaded, and tried your game! I like what you did with the kit. Good job! :)

33. Dris

Dris

@Dreeka,
    Thanks for the awesome kits. I got the Infinite runner kit but i want to create a game like Jetpack Joyride but with animated characters with backgrounds which are ready illustrated but can this tool help me? Im alittle stuck at it. I see alot of materials etc. :D

P.S I'm totally new at Unity, please forgive my questions.

Thanks in advance

34. Dreeka

Dreeka

@Dris
    You have posted this in the wrong forum. Next time, please post this in the proper forum, for a faster reply!
    The features you want to add is not hard to create, but without knowing what do you exactly want, it is had to give a step by step guide. I suggest you to watch this video tutorial created by Unity, and build on the knowledge you gain from it.

35. PhosphorUnity

PhosphorUnity

I am a terrible programmer, but I can follow code examples ... do you know how one could do tutorial text in each level?

Some of the levels are difficult and I would like to have some explanations of things.

36. PhosphorUnity

PhosphorUnity

Wondering- does anyone know if there is an issue w/ this set and new Apple's 64bit iOS requirement?

37. Dreeka

Dreeka

@stickle
    First, create a new textmesh, and set it's position and text. Then, create a new script, and copy the following into it:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class TutorialText : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     public float activeTime;
    8.     void OnEnable()
    9.     {
    10.         StartCoroutine("Disable");
    11.     }
    13.     IEnumerator Disable()
    14.     {
    15.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(activeTime);
    16.         this.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    17.     }
    18. }
    Now open the GUI Manager, and declare a new variable
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public GameObject tutorialText;
    Then add the following line into the Start and Restart functions
    Code (CSharp):
    1. tutorialText.SetActive(true);
    Finally, assign the text mesh to the GUI Manager, and set the activeTime on the inspector of the text mesh.

@stickleZ
    It should work without an issue.

38. PhosphorUnity

PhosphorUnity

thank you so much- will give it a try!!!!

39. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

@Dreeka please, check your PMs, i've sent a message to you. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  40. BlueDeath85

BlueDeath85

Not working for me in Unity 5.
    I failed in project settings, it said I need to uncheck Mask-> GameObject and GameObject->GUI in layer collision matrix, but these stuffs are not exist :(

41. Hmtooo

Hmtooo

welcome sir
    Do I add levels

42. nickthegreek

nickthegreek

Are you going to update the package in order to support Unity 5?

43. nickthegreek

nickthegreek

Any updates on the subject? Are you going to support Unity 5?

44. nickthegreek

nickthegreek

It seems that the asset is abandoned! That's a pitty.

45. rminz

rminz

hi i have some question, is it support unity 5 ?
    is it easy to re-skin the asset?
    is it support all platform (mobile tablet android ios )

46. Dreeka

Dreeka

@rminz
    An unity 5 compatibility update is on it's way.
    You can easily re-skin the asset, and it supports every platform.

KeepTrying likes this.
  47. KeepTrying

KeepTrying

@Dreeka it's possible to set the simulation always active ?
    My game needs to load the scene and get the Physics running right away.
    Running Unity 5.1.2f1
    Thank you!

48. aendom

aendom

Did you get "the second level page " to work? Im looking for the same problem.

49. Hmtooo

Hmtooo

do i can add level easy

50. Wicaodian

Wicaodian

my friend bought this package long ago he gave me that to work around on it cuz its so poorly documented that he couldn't ever get it work.
    please make any tutorial or full document to how to make it work.
    not even a single scene is working properly