Search Unity

2d paper/rock/stone game multiplayer

Discussion in '2D' started by Omizuka, Mar 21, 2018.

?

How to make 1 scene for two players?

1. idk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. idk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Omizuka

Omizuka

Hi guys,
    from 2 week I can't figured out and find how to make 1 scene for 2 players but each player has same view but with their own buttons, and they can't see which decision each player choose till they both confirm. I attached some image with an explanation.
    If any good soul could show me the way I shall choose I will be so thankfully.

Have a good day! Screenshot (2).png

2. methos5k

methos5k

The picture doesn't really help explain where you are stuck in your code.

If you are new to Unity and scripting, I would highly recommend that you first go through some tutorials and build them as you follow to gain experience.
    Try modifying them to add your own creativity.

Keep learning like that for a while, then try a beginner's introduction to a networking game.
    Start with something very simple, and once you feel comfortable work your way up.

The game you're suggesting sounds pretty easy, but if you are not comfortable with the content mentioned above, you will be struggling the entire way, with no sure footing.

I hope that makes sense and encourages you to work your way towards your goal :)

3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I don't think this is a networking game. I believe this is "pass and play" — that is, player 1 makes his decision, the screen cleared, and he hands the phone/tablet to player 2. Player 2 makes her decision, and then the result is shown.

In that case, this should be fairly simple to accomplish. But @methos5k is right, you should try to work through some tutorials. You will mainly need the UI tutorials for this game.

Please keep at it, and let us know how it goes! (And since your name sounds Japanese, 日本語も書きたらいいです。 ^_^)

4. Omizuka

Omizuka

Guys, first of all thanks for response.
    I mean this scene will load on your mobile Joe and your Methos. Both of you choose 1 of 3 elements ->confirm and after u see the result who win. I made today like 7 image that will load after your picks, here I attached 1 of them. Depend of what buttons both of you will choose,one of the image will load. Have a good day :D
    ps. I was looking for some tutorials,youtube guides but if there is tutorial its about how to move the hero left or right etc. hmm actually it can be about just click and load function,now I just figured out,but still I am in mess a little with it. rockVSpaper.png

5. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

If you really do mean to make a network game (two different devices playing together), then that as a very difficult first project.

I recommend you pick something easier for your first project. Maybe a pass-and-play version of this game?

6. Omizuka

Omizuka

I will and after I will rework it to make network game!! :) thx

JoeStrout likes this.