Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

2d multiplayer card game via lan

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by khalidhex, May 6, 2016.

1. khalidhex

khalidhex

Hi , this is the first time i try networking in unity , and i need some "guidelines" , my game is a simple two players card game , each one have a hand and the rest is just some kind of drop zones , the hole game is using only "UI" drag and drop mechanism ,and the only different between player 1 and 2 is just that no one can see the other player hand (face dawn cards) , technically all i want is just that the two players share the same screen (scene) :D and i think i can control the game state by implementing a turn-based logic , i have no idea how i can a accomplish that i saw some tutorials but they are all focusing in 3d objects and each player have his own character etc , i know that this is the bad kind of questions but i need a basic guidelines only. capture-20160506-071547.png

2. khalidhex

khalidhex

3. khalidhex

khalidhex

Right now the game doesn't have any prefab , is it essential to create one ?

4. ingjjmh

ingjjmh

hello could you do to hide the cards ?? I want to do the same

5. khalidhex

khalidhex

you can make a Boolean variable (card_back) ...... if it's true show the back card image (sprite) ... if it's false show the original card face

6. Optimus_Prime

Optimus_Prime

7. ingjjmh

ingjjmh

thanks ... but how to flip the cards of the other players and just watch the mine

8. gamecakestudios

gamecakestudios

You'll need to track which players own each card, and then show something different depending on which player you are.