Search Unity

2D lights in LWRP not working with multiple layers and/or cameras?

Discussion in '2D' started by blavatsky, Nov 24, 2019.

1. blavatsky

blavatsky

Hi guys, basically I can't get the lighting to work on both layers of my 2D game. Description below. Any ideas appreciated, I 'upgraded' my project to use this and now basically my entire background layer is not showing up.

"i can get global light to work but does not light up my Background layer (not sorting layer, actual layer) I have 2 layers, default and background and 2 cameras set up to simulate parallax by only showing one layer each, set to different depths (0 and -2). If I push cam 2 above cam 1 layer I can see it's lit but I can't see both layers at once anymore, also point light shows in the preview/scene but not when I run the game."

2. dquek

dquek

Unity Technologies

Hi @blavatsky ,

Could you check the Z values of the Lights?

============

It would be nice if you can report an issue with a repro project through = Unity > Help > Report a Bug...
    or
    Let me know any more info you can provide in the Forums and I'll investigate it.

HeutHeut likes this.
  3. blavatsky

blavatsky

Thank you! I will check that now. Someone else said that apparently lights may not work with multiple cameras?

Edit: got this working but now all my particle effects show as big pink squares? Anyone else seen that?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019