Search Unity

Resolved 2D lights behaving weird

Discussion in '2D' started by Lilgrinde, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Lilgrinde

Lilgrinde

I'm working on a 2D project and was gonna make environments and as i was adding in lights i stumbled upon a big problem, the lights are behaving weird and i can't find a fix, i have tried lots and searched for an
    explanation on the issue, but couldn't find anything, so this is my last resort. If anyone knows anything, please respond with a solution or explanation, thanks.

It seems like the camera is only picking up the volumetric intensity, heres why i think that.
    With volumetric intesity on:
    Game View and Scene View with intensity.png With volumetric intesity off: Game View and Scene View without intensity.png
    Here's a screenshot of my camera settings, also im using cinemachine: Camera screenshot 1.png
    And there's more, there's a weird streak of light on the edge of the screen: Weird line of light on left edge.png that's about it, as i said please answer if you know anything, Thanks.

2. Lilgrinde

Lilgrinde

ah shi
    can i not use perspective camera for 2d lights, cuz you know, i don't wanna code a whole perspective system, any easy soloution to code a parallax effect?

3. Lilgrinde

Lilgrinde

with an orthographic camera