Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

2D lighting/shadows?

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by ElnuDev, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

When will this feature be ready, and if it is, how do I enable it? Thanks in advance!

foxnne and hippocoder like this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The team is targeting 2019.2 for a first preview. It will be available via the package manager UI once it's ready.

zIyaGtVm, leifgood and ElnuDev like this.
  3. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

Thanks so much for letting me know!! I've been really looking forward to it, ever since I first heard word of it. :D

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I'm really excited about this package. I'm wondering if it will be capable of handling 2d shadows (so that one sprite can project a shadow onto another), similar to the way one can apply a drop shadow in Photoshop. Do you know if this is something that is in the plan?

5. no-weekend

no-weekend

Any update on this @LeonhardP ? I don't see any mention this in the 2019.2b. Is it still on schedule or will we be waiting a wee while longer?

6. zIyaGtVm

zIyaGtVm

Also waiting for this package here. Can't find it even in beta previews.We really want to try this feature, especially 2d shadows:)

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

There were some hiccups with the validation process of the new LWRP version that will include this feature but it's looking like today could be the day.

no-weekend and zIyaGtVm like this.
  8. no-weekend

no-weekend

I'm very keen to try this as the LWRP has killed a lot of the 2d lighting alternatives out there.

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

unityunity