Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2D Inverse Kinematics (IK) now included in the 2D Animation package

Discussion in '2D' started by rustum, Aug 31, 2020.

1. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

We have made 2D Inverse Kinematics (IK) a fully supported feature in Unity 2020.2.

To do this we’ve included IK into the 2D Animation package from 5.0.0 onwards. This simplifies its deployment and reduces confusion.

For those of you who are using the 2D IK preview package, the following upgrade steps will be necessary:
    1. Uninstall the current IK Package from Package Manager Uninstall 2D IK Package.png
    2. Install 2D Animation 5.0 (or newer) from Package Manager
    Important Note:

In the event that you had the 2D Animation 5.0 package installed before uninstalling the 2D IK package, you will encounter compilation errors. Uninstalling the 2D IK Package from the Package Manager will fix this.

There are certain cases where compilation errors may still exist even after uninstalling the 2D IK Package. To resolve this, you will need to restart the Unity Editor.

We expect all scenes and projects that utilise 2D IK to be upgradable in this way. Please let us know your questions or concerns in this thread.

JCocker and zencoder02 like this.
  2. AltiYediIki

AltiYediIki

i can't find anything.

Attached Files:

3. Nikhil_creaxt

Nikhil_creaxt

I upgraded unity project to unity 2020.2.5 and then I notice my 2d animations stopped working which were done using ik and sprite skin, I logged the build and I came know that sprite skin script is missing on the object. but the animation works perfectly in editor. cannot find any solution. Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 3.59.40 PM.png Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 4.00.01 PM.png

4. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @unity_8APD7x6cnJjY9w,
    - From which version did you upgrade from?
    - How did you go about upgrading your project to 2020.2?
    - Which version of 2D Animation do you have in your project?

5. Nikhil_creaxt

Nikhil_creaxt

Hello @Ted_Wikman,
    - I upgraded unity project firstly from 2019.2 to 2020.2.1 and then finally to 2020.2.5f
    - initially 2d animations were done using 2d ik preview version and it was working perfectly even in unity version 2020.2.1f, but when upgraded to 2020.2.5, animation only work in editor play mode and when we build for android these scripts get missing.
    - I have updated version of 2d animation which is 5.0.4.

I cannot think of anyway to solve this issue.

6. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Could you PM me the project (or a downscaled project) which has this issue? Then I can take a closer look.
    Thanks!

7. enzomedrano2011

enzomedrano2011

2D IK is missing in Unity 2021.1.4, please solve this

8. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

@enzomedrano2011 2D IK is now a part of the 2D Animation package. Download the 2D Animation package for 2021.1 (2D Animation 6.0) and you should see all 2D IK components available.

DungDajHjep likes this.