Search Unity

2D Infinite Runner Toolkit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dreeka, Jun 9, 2013.

1. shereer

shereer

Great ,, when it will be listed on the Asset Store

2. RobertoGD

RobertoGD

Can you update webdemo for new features?

3. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

Waiting this update for a long time. I think it will be really good :)

4. burnner

burnner

5. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

6. silverJEM

silverJEM

7. freakprince

freakprince

still no update...

8. Dreeka

Dreeka

For those waiting for the update, it will be submitted tomorrow, do to a real life event.

shereer:
    Once it is approved.

RobertoGD:
    Yes, the webplayer will be updated tomorrow.

9. RobertoGD

RobertoGD

Good to know. Waiting impatiently.

10. Dreeka

Dreeka

Update 2.0 has been submitted to the asset store!
    Hopefully, it will be available soon.

11. RobertoGD

RobertoGD

Nice. But when you change webplayer? Maybe tomorrow update will be available in store.
    And one question: Are you planning some sound manager? Or maybe is simple to integrated Sound manager from asset store?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  12. Dreeka

Dreeka

The webplayer has been updated.

In the next update, I plan to add a sound manager (probably without audio clips), but it will only came around early summer.

13. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Just test the new version and do not hear anything in there. So no sound i thought and want to ask you here but just read about your planed soundmanager.

But no sound, no music !?
    I can not remember if the old version had sounds :(

14. Yosry

Yosry

just test the new versio its look good. but the Torpedo sometime disappear without any reason and not show until you restart the game.

15. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

I made simple test for now.
    - Like Yosry i saw missing torpedos. Just warning icons
    - When you hit and see restart menu, torpedos and powerups keep generating
    - I cant see coins and obstacles in Unity editor
    If i see any other things will write here

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  16. HamidFarhadi

HamidFarhadi

Can we use the new version (resolution manager) for the older version and just copy past it over the last version, I mean if we made a game with the older version and now don't want to change the whole project, can we just replace the new resolution manager with the older one ? :confused:

17. alexstefan95

alexstefan95

I have a few things I would like to implement and I'm having difficulties. Maybe you could help me with advice/tutorial/code for the following:
    1.Audio - not much, just a background song.
    2.Start menu - which would lead to another page, to select a level.
    3.Implementing more levels - just the character and the background changed, also would be nice to unlock levels with in-game gold.
    4.Transformations - change the look and physics for a character, when damaged would turn back to normal.
    5.Coin magnet.
    6.Linear increase scrolling speed - from very slow to fast onto the course of time.

If you could help me with any of these I would be very grateful.

18. Dreeka

Dreeka

Update 2.0 is now live on the asset store.

RandAlThor:
    The kit does not contain audio clips.

Yosry, Fahrettin:
    Thanks for the reports, I will fix them. The coins and obstacles are disabled by default, and only the active ones are shown, however you can activate them if you wish.

HamidFarhadi:
    If you remove the resolution manager function call from the level manager as well, then it should work.

alexstefan95:
    1: Just add an audio source to a gameobject.
    2-4: You can implement these easily from the source code of the kit.
    5: There is a coin magnet script example somewhere in this forum, a few (5-10) pages back.
    6: The kit already contains a slow linear increase in the scrolling speed.

19. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

How can i activate coins and obstacles. Its hard to make new Groups without seeing them in Scene View

20. alexstefan95

alexstefan95

On 2-4: how exactly can I integrate them? I'm new with this pack so a few details would be welcome.

21. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

Waiting for answer ...

22. Yosry

Yosry

hi Fahrettin. i think this is what you look for (in attach img)
    $activate-coins-and-obstacles.jpg

hamdouch118 likes this.
  23. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

Thanks Yosry. I tried everything but it was that simple :D
    You are great

24. Dreeka

Dreeka

Fahrettin:
    Sorry for the late reply! And thanks for the help Yosry, you are kind! :)

alexstefan95:
    2. Create a start menu, and make it the only active menu (disable the rest). So if the game loads, the player will only see that. Once the player clicks on the play button, disable the start menu, and show the level select menu. The kit uses the exact same system, with menu movement. You can see how to handle button clicks/menu movement/menu activation in the GUI Manager, and other GUI related scripts.

3. You can add more playe skins and levels by creating a skin and leel selection menu. Then based on the selected level, replace the original sprite of the objects to the modified one. You can do this with both the submarine, and the level. You can change the sprite of an object using it's SpriteRenderer.Sprite property.

4. It is already in the kit. If the submarine collides with an obstacle, it's texture and behaviour is changed. If the player uses a revive, then the submarine is restored. You can see the associated code in the Player Manager.

25. freakprince

freakprince

Dreeka i changed my obstacle enemies from sprites into gameobjects and i changed the code from renderer=false to gameobject=false but when my characters crashes on an obstacles, when he revives and the obstacles spawns, it is spawned with the parts i crashed on disabled, why is that?

26. Dreeka

Dreeka

freakprince:
    The collider is still active. Are you using GameObject.SetActive(false)?

27. freakprince

freakprince

no cillider gets disabled aswell, yes i used setactive(false). Using setactiverecursively fixes the problem for some reason but its obselete

28. freakprince

freakprince

also another issue, sometimes the coins that i switched to gameobjects aswell spawn outside of the screen limitis and not as i grouped them

29. Dreeka

Dreeka

On what do you use the SetActiveRecursively? On the entire group, or on single obstacles? Have you added a child element to the obstacles?

On the second question, do the entire group spawns off, or just some elements in it?

30. freakprince

freakprince

there is a part in the playermanager script that i switch from other.renderer.enabled = false to other.gameobject.setactiverecursevly(false) and i did the same thing wherever else it was needed for example in the torpedo script, i think it counts for all the objects that collide with the player.As for the coins, yes some elements spawn properly but others spawn where they are not supposed to

31. freakprince

freakprince

but the coin wrong spawning doesnt happen all the time, at first most groups spawn properly and its after some time that they start spawning in a messed up fashion

32. Dreeka

Dreeka

I think they are not activated properly in the MovingLayer script. You should change it's EnableChild() function to gameobject as well.

33. freakprince

freakprince

can you be a bit more specific on what to change? i changed the Transform to Gameobject and im getting errors

34. freakprince

freakprince

and what about the coins?

35. Laur3nt1u

Laur3nt1u

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  36. Dreeka

Dreeka

freakprince:
    Change the EnableChild() to the following:
    Code (csharp):
    1.     private void EnableChild(Transform element)
    2.     {
    3.         foreach (Transform item in element)
    4.             item.gameObject.SetActiveRecursively(true);
    5.     }

Laur3nt1u:
    Looks really nice! Good job and good luck with it! :)

37. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

Hi Dreeka
    Again i am having problems with sand. Cant fix with previous solutions.
    Can you fix this and stop generating powerups and torpedos after hit ?

38. freakprince

freakprince

Dreek i did that its working ok but some items are still spawning offscreen...

39. freakprince

freakprince

found what i was doing wrong

40. Dreeka

Dreeka

Fahrettin:
    The sand issue is usually caused by of the sprite settings. Are you sure you have checked it? If you change platforms, it might have reseted.

I am not in my home computer at the moment, but once I get home, I will write down how to stop their generation after a crash.

freakprince:
    Glad you find it! :)

41. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

I tried fresh import but its same. After that i found your trick on Sand.png :D You deleted some space and i made it too. Its not complete solution but works now.
    Little question : How can i publish web demo with dropbox, do i need to have pro acc ?

42. Minibobina

Minibobina

I have a Magnet like effect in my game. Firstly I saw that the prefabs you made wont reset back to their original position if i had them move to the player if he had a magnet. So i added a script to the coin prefab that has startPos = new Vector3 (this.transform.position.x,this.transform.position.y,this.transform.position.z); Once the trigger goes off it should set the coin position back to its original position but it doesnt. Is there something special you are doing with them that I'm not seeing.

43. Dreeka

Dreeka

Fahrettin:
    You dont need pro, simply copy the webplayer to the public folder in dropbox.

Minibobina:
    Try this.transform.localPosition instead of this.transform.position.
    Also, you can simply say startPos = this.transform.localPosition.

44. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

"If you would still like to enable your Public folder, you must be a Dropbox Pro or Dropbox for Business user. Currently only Pro and Business users may enable Public folders from this page."
    :(

45. GiusCo

GiusCo

Hi dreeka, I'm giving a good look at this, may you please check two possible bugs in missions?

- collide with a torpedo: doesn't happen because the variable is set as torpedoe (not working) instead of torpedo (working)

- run 5000m in multiple run: doesn't work because the distance after each run is not stored or retrieved --- how to fix that?

Thanks! Giuseppe

46. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

-Missions are different when you look from main menu and finish menu
    -When i try to finish "Buy a powerup" mission it doesnt update
    -When i buy a powerup from shop it doesnt show up. I close game and i can see when reopen the game

47. GiusCo

GiusCo

This asset is very good and clean but documentation is not technical enough to get hands dirty without risk, so got all scripts on my table and trying to figure out how they work for each game object and their Inspector mask. In particular I'm going to:

- add sounds (collecting coins, power-ups, torpedoes, dying,) with Sound Manager Pro 3 or on my own;

- add iOS services (leaderboards, in-app purchases of gold, i-Ads ... initialization and correct check / update) with iOS Native asset;

- test again and make missions work (they seem a bit of a mess, honestly);

- make sure the shop works and transactions are registered in the correct manner (SaveManager script) even after resetting stored values to zero;

- add something that announces completion of all missions and shows a congratulation message --> leaderboards checking / updating values --> end game resetting stored values to zero;

- add a button to reset stored values to zero at any time.

This is neither impossible nor long work, just making sure additions are coherent and do not break up the design.

48. Fahrettin

Fahrettin

I dont know much about scripting and try to be a beginner :D
    Have soundmanager pro and adding sound very easy.
    Probably i cant make this things work so will wait for Dreeka to update asset.
    I started to learn with this asset and continue with it :)

49. GiusCo

GiusCo

he wiil help both :D I'm not skilled enough to make sure fixing something I don't break anything else :) good luck :D

50. Dreeka

Dreeka

Fahrettin:
    It looks like dropbox has changed, now you can share everything with the new links feature. Take a look here and here.

"Missions are different when you look from main menu and finish menu:"
    Yes, they will change if you complete a mission in the level. In the finish menu, it will show the new missions

GiusCo:
    Thanks for the reports and suggestions, I will take a look. :)