Search Unity

2D Infinite Runner Toolkit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dreeka, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Felixcat07

Felixcat07

HI! Is there an audio problem? couse I only hear the music and not a single sfx.​

2. hitgamevg

hitgamevg

@Felixcat07
    If you are using Unity 5, select the Overlord game object in the scene. Then in the Inspector, in Audio Source, drag Spatial Blend all the way to the left to make the sounds 2D. That should fix it.

3. hitgamevg

hitgamevg

@Dreeka
    Thank you for the updated project; it has been published on the Asset Store. Thank you for the fixes :)

I just imported the latest 2.4.2 version into a new blank project using Unity 5.1.1f. It has that weird sonic blast bug; please check screenshots below. When you hit the Revive button, sometimes the sonic blast gets attached to the back of the submarine. Only closing the app and relaunching fixes this. Quit, retry, does not fix it. Can anyone replicate this bug?

Screenshot_2015-07-09-13-20-42.png Screenshot_2015-07-09-13-21-03.png Screenshot_2015-07-09-13-21-23.png

4. Felixcat07

Felixcat07

Fixed! THNX!!

5. Dreeka

Dreeka

@hitgamevg:
    Working on a fix, will give you a solution soon!

6. Crimson Flare

Crimson Flare

Hey Dreeka,

May I know if it is possible to make different characters (from the shop) have different attributes?

For example, one character can move up/down faster while another has a higher movement speed?

If so, would you kindly give me some instructions on how I could implement such a feature? Thank you!

7. Mad-App

Mad-App

8. cybergoogle

cybergoogle

Hello @Dreeka I have had so much fun with your toolkit I have spent over a year learning and using your toolkit to help me understand the way to create a cool game thank you! Now I am integrating Game Center into my game, at the home stretch, I successfully authenticate user and able to open leaderboard but I am unclear what I should call if I want to use the bestDistance as the leaderboard score being reported. for now I have this:

ReportScore(PlayerPrefs.GetInt ("Best Distance"), leaderboardID);

and of course I have in place my leaderboardID when I declare my variables at beginning of script. Is this a good way to report the bestDistance score or should I write SaveManager.bestDistance ? Not too sure. Anyone else have Game Center setup to report Best Distance score?

9. Ghis

Ghis

Hi,
    I am interested in purchasing this template "Infinite Runner Toolkit " .
    But before concluding my purchase I would like to know if this template allows creating my own levels with a beginning and an end, or only infinite levels with obstacles randomly generated ?
    Is it possible to create level in which I can arrange the elements where I want and with a starting point and arrival with this template ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

10. cybergoogle

cybergoogle

Figure it out! It's PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Best Distance"), leaderboardID. It took awhile but I was able to figure it out on my own. If anyone needs help with Game Center Leaderboards hit me up. Although I haven't implemented Acheivements yet.

11. hitgamevg

hitgamevg

Any updates on this? Thanks!

12. Dreeka

Dreeka

Sorry for the late reply everyone!

@Crimson Flare
    The current skin ID is stored in the Player Manager script. If you want a different vertical speed for each submarine, then define a float array, and store the skin specific vertical speed in it. So it's 0 element is the default speed, the first element is the speed of the first skin, and so on. Then when you move the submarine, get the current speed from that array. You can index it with the skin ID.

@cybergoogle
    It is good that you was able to figure it out, but sorry I could not help you in time!

@hitgamevg
    An update will be released next week hopefully.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    cybergoogle likes this.
  13. Crimson Flare

Crimson Flare

Hey Dreeka,

May I know what is the font you used for your buttons in the toolkit? I'm making some custom buttons but I want the text to have the same look so as to be consistent. You mentioned that you used the "default font" earlier on in the thread, but it definitely looks different from my Unity's default font, which is Arial.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  14. cybergoogle

cybergoogle

No Problemo @Dreeka you have helped me a whole bunch and Im appreciating!

15. cybergoogle

cybergoogle

Hello everyone who is loving the 2D Infinite Runner Toolkit I would like to thank @Dreeka for being so generous to share this plugin with us. Thanks to this I publish my first iOS game called Pearl Diving it is free on the app store. Thank you so much for support this forum has been very helpful and if anyone has question let me know because helping and sharing is what Unity all about! THANK YOU! Pearl Diving
    pearldiving.jpeg

16. Crimson Flare

Crimson Flare

Hi Dreeka,

I'm having a real problem building a functional 64-bit iOS version of my game using your toolkit. I can build the game using Xcode fine but once I start playing, I am unable to control my character. Buttons, like those in the store work, but holding down on the screen causes the below errors to appear in Xcode's debug log. I am using the IL2CPP scripting backend because the App store requires you to generate 64-bit versions of apps now. Any idea what might be the issue here?

NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerUpHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerEnterHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.ExecuteHierarchy[IPointerExitHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject root, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 callbackFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.TouchInputModule.ProcessTouchPress (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData pointerEvent, Boolean pressed, Boolean released) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.TouchInputModule.ProcessTouchEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IFormattable.ToString (System.String format, IFormatProvider formatProvider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IFormattable.ToString (System.String format, IFormatProvider formatProvider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.EventSystems.TouchInputModule.ProcessTouchEvents()

UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

System.IFormattable:ToString(String, IFormatProvider)

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IDragHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.TouchInputModule.ProcessTouchPress (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData pointerEvent, Boolean pressed, Boolean released) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.TouchInputModule.ProcessTouchEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  17. Crimson Flare

Crimson Flare

Congrats on your game release, cybergoogle!

May I know how you managed to successfully create a 64-bit game for iOS? I cannot control my character in the 64-bit version of my game after building it with Xcode. You can see the long list of errors in my previous post.

Your help would be much appreciated.

18. cybergoogle

cybergoogle

Thank so much! I will check my settings and get back to you.

19. soperemita

soperemita

Hi, how to change Yellow Submarine ,green submarine to other names ,eg: Helicopter like that

20. hitgamevg

hitgamevg

@Dreeka
    There is a bug with the latest build. The scrolling speed of "sand" and the objects in the Moving layer (obstacles etc.) is not in sync. This was not the case with the earlier build. Please have a look. Thanks!

21. MrCrabbs

MrCrabbs

Hi, I want a controller for keyboard input. a key for Submarine "Up" and one key for "down". Is there an easy way?

22. Dreeka

Dreeka

Hey everyone!

First of all, I am really sorry for not being here, and not giving you support. I had several family related issues, which prevented me from doing it. But now I am back, and I am going to answer all of your questions within 24 hours. Really sorry for the long delay!

@cybergoogle
    The game looks really cool, good job with it! :)

@Crimson Flare
    The name of the font is bd cartoon shout.
    Do you still have the 64 bit issue? I have tried the game on IL2CPP scripting mode, and it runs fine. If you still have the issue, can you give some more detail on the modifications you made, and the language you use (JS or C#)? :)

@hitgamevg
    Will look into it, and fix it in the latest build! :)

@MrCrabbs
    You want to make the current control system to work with the keyboard? If yes, add the following code to the Input Manager:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void Update()
    2. {
    3.     if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.UpArrow))
    4.         playerManager.UpdateInput(true);
    5.     else if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.DownArrow))
    6.         playerManager.UpdateInput(false);
    7. }

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  23. Crimson Flare

Crimson Flare

Hi Dreeka,

Welcome back! :)

I hope your family is doing OK!

Dreeka likes this.
  24. Crimson Flare

Crimson Flare

Yeah, but I finally got around it by creating a giant, invisible button over the entire screen that communicates with your input code so I could control the character. I use mostly JavaScript. Thanks for the font name :D

25. robert-hartono

robert-hartono

Can anyone teach me how to change the submarine skin ?
    sorry my bad english

26. nickthegreek

nickthegreek

Hello, I post here once more since I won't get any responce from the asset's original page.

Are you going to update the Physics Kit in order to support Unity 5? When I had asked you 3 months ago you replied:

"Yes, I am planning to update the physics kit for Unity 5 in the next month."

Are you still planning to update it or not?

Thanks

27. Dreeka

Dreeka

@robert hartono
    Do you simply want to replace the current textures? If yes, then simply replace the texture files in the project with your own textures.

@nickthegreek
    Sorry for the delay. It is still on my to do list. I had an unexpected issue, and I am also doing support/developement alone, alongside with university, and work. But I am doing my best to make everyone satisfied.

28. lovelace63

lovelace63

Hello I found a bug when I run the webplayer :(. If you push the pause button, then the quit or the retry button, then the pause button disapears.

29. Dreeka

Dreeka

@lovelace63
    Thanks for reporting it! That is fixed in the current build, just forgot to update the web player! :)

30. nadiralkarbi

nadiralkarbi

Hey I bought this package today i really like it but i have question how to add iAP and can i post high score to Game Center

31. Dreeka

Dreeka

32. muhammadadilumar

muhammadadilumar

Can we make a game like "Subway Surfer" or "Temple Run" using this Kit ?

33. yonahbasic

yonahbasic

Hi nickervision,
    I saw your game trailer and you figure out to add and animator and a dead sprite!

I have my animator in the game but I dont know how to change to the dead sprite, you could help me?

Thanks

34. Dreeka

Dreeka

@muhammadadilumar
    This kit was not built for 3D games.

@yonahbasic
    You have to change to a dead sprite with code, outside of the animator. So, when you change to the dead animation, you also have to change the sprite in the code.

35. yonahbasic

yonahbasic

36. Dreeka

Dreeka

@yonahbasic
    Simply scale the background on the X axis for the widest supported aspect ratio.

37. Papatriz

Papatriz

Hello, Dreeka

First, thank you for great asset, I used it for a while.
    Everything was fine in past (in Unity 4.x times :) ).

But now I've found an performance issues on IOS devices.

So - Unity 5.2.3 , IPad 3 with IOS 8.x, C# version without any modification.

Sometimes (often) got freezes when submarine earn coins. Looks like the problem is new Unity UI.
    Removing Coing Amount Text and Distance Text from MainUI group solves this problem.

Second problem is flickering coins. I have stable 30 fps (even more after setting Application.targetFrame), but coins movement isn't smooth.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  38. Dreeka

Dreeka

Thanks for the info, will check it out.

39. GB51

GB51

Looks good. Will this work with Unity 5.3? Also, would you also consider including special magnetic properties
    for the submarine? Thanks!:)

40. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

I am a little blind?
    Where can i change the player speed?

41. EricMacau

EricMacau

Hello,

May I know how can I add my customize group of obstacles? The obstacles are invisible in the sample scene.
    How can I easy to add my obstacles and define it in a new Group of Obstacles? Please teach me.

42. hamdouch118

hamdouch118

hello
    how to integrate google leaderboard and admob !
    can i make another world EXEMPLE : if the player complete all the mission on world 1 then he can go to world 2 !
    how to change menu and disable the auto start when i click on retry !
    can i add 4th charactere and how !
    on the game you can use revive powerup unlimited time in one run So can i make it appear once ! Exemple : player can not revive more than 2 time in one run !

thanks
    thanks
    even if you don't answer me you still the best developper here ;)

43. Dreeka

Dreeka

@EricMacau:
    To view an obstacle group under LevelGenerator -> LayerMoving -> Obstalce -> Obstacles, and make sure that the parent game object is enabled.

@hamdouch118:
    You will need a third party plugin to integrate google leaderboards, and admob.
    For creating a second world, you can create a second scene, with a different set of missions and skin, then load that when you need it.
    For adding a new character, there is a guide in the documentation.
    The limit the revive in the game, you should create a new integer variable, which you increase each time the player uses a revive. Then in the crash screen, only show the revive option when that integer is less than 2. You should store that integer in the GUI Manager, and increase it when the RevivePlayer function is started. And in the ShowCrashScreen, expend the code in the following way:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (SaveManager.revive > 0 && reviveCount < 2)
    2.      StartCoroutine("Revive");
    3. .....

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    hamdouch118 likes this.
  44. hamdouch118

hamdouch118

45. EricMacau

EricMacau

Hi Dreeka,

Thank you very much for your teaching on customize the obstacles.

Furthermore, if I want to add a shop item.

How can I add a new item in the shop?
    - add an item under the "MainUI/Shop Panel/ShopBars" (copy the ShopBar1(SpeedStore) in my case)
    - create a method "BuyTestItem" in the GUIManager
    - drag the "Price Text" of the new item in the "On Click()" property
    - select the "Canvas" game object, drag and add the "Owned Text" to the "Shop Owned Items"
    - modify the SaveManager.cs and add " public static int testItem = 0;" in the related lines (behind the " public static int shield = 0;" )
    - add the related code in the LoadData() and SaveData() in SaveManager.cs

***** The problem is that it seems can buy the new item, the owned text will be increased and the coin count will be decreased but cannot show up in the screen, therefore, I can't use that new item during playing. So, which Managers (C#) I need to modify? Or which game object I missed to modify?

Can you give me a tutorial how to add a new item in the shop? Thank you very much!!

46. ArcadeManiacs

ArcadeManiacs

@Dreeka @Acumen
    Thank you for the wonderful kit, you did an amazing job.

Can you tell me the preferred method of applying the alien skin? Do you just replace the sprite textures in the inspector for each sprite/background item? Or is there a universal way of applying the entire skin (i.e. in a script)?

Thank you!

47. EricMacau

EricMacau

@Dreeka

Hi Dreeka,

Thank you very much for your teaching on customize the obstacles.

Furthermore, if I want to add a shop item.

How can I add a new item in the shop?
    - add an item under the "MainUI/Shop Panel/ShopBars" (copy the ShopBar1(SpeedStore) in my case)
    - create a method "BuyTestItem" in the GUIManager
    - drag the "Price Text" of the new item in the "On Click()" property
    - select the "Canvas" game object, drag and add the "Owned Text" to the "Shop Owned Items"
    - modify the SaveManager.cs and add " public static int testItem = 0;" in the related lines (behind the " public static int shield = 0;" )
    - add the related code in the LoadData() and SaveData() in SaveManager.cs

***** The problem is that it seems can buy the new item, the owned text will be increased and the coin count will be decreased but cannot show up in the screen, therefore, I can't use that new item during playing. So, which Managers (C#) I need to modify? Or which game object I missed to modify?

Can you give me a tutorial how to add a new item in the shop? Thank you very much!!

48. Dreeka

Dreeka

Sorry for the late reply!

@ArcadeManiacs
    The fastest way is to go to Assets/2DInfiniteRunnerToolkit/Materials, and replace the texture for each material.

@EricMacau
    The steps you have followed are only for the shop. The second part is depending on what you want to add. Do you wish to add a new power up, or a new skin, or something else?

49. Felixcat07

Felixcat07

Hi! Thnx for the big work you are doing here, its amazing you allways make the update version and gives the super support!
    I want to ask you 2 things:
    1. Can I add animations instead of adding a graphic to the submarine? (Can you tell me how couse I cant)
    2. All the forum have great tips, like adding stuff.. can you explain and add those important things to the documentation?
    Nothing else, keep it up!

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have a problem, when I import to my project, I can't open Scene name C#, it just freezes Unity, nothing happens