Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

2D IK with IK Pass (OnAnimatorIK) not working

Discussion in 'Animation' started by rosco404, Aug 8, 2019.

1. rosco404

rosco404

Hi,

Has anyone been able to access the IK Pass (Checked in Animator) with OnAnimatorIK with 2D Animation/IK packages?

I suspect it's because there is no Avatar created when you create a 2D boned character and there is no way of generating or creating one. If it were a 3D character model (FBX) Imported then you can configure the Avatar setting it as humanoid.

I know the packages are in Preview, can anyone shed any light on this issue or when it will be added?

Cheers :)

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

OnAnimatorIK is for Humanoid rigs only.

Final IK could probably do it though.

3. rosco404

rosco404

Yes i know it's for humanoid rigs, my 2D character is a humanoid rig, but you can' set it to humanoid. I think that needs adding to the 2D Animation package.

4. Baste

Baste

Not humanoid as in "looking like a human". Humanoid as in having a rig that's convertible to the humanoid meta-rig. Unless you're doing something very fancy, I doubt that's the case?

5. rosco404

rosco404

It won't let you create or generate an Avatar after you have created a 2D rig (My rig is humanoid structure). I have created the same rig but in Blender as a 3D object then imported to Unity and created the Avatar fine and thus i can run IK pass.

unityunity