Search Unity

2D ground (Hills) with pen tool

Discussion in '2D' started by imarko, Nov 28, 2013.

1. imarko

imarko

Is there any way to create 2D ground like in game bad piggies, using tools like pen tool in illustrator. I can't find it anywhere. Sorry I'm 100% beginner so i don't know anything :(

image:
    $bad_piggies_2.png

So i just want to have like pen tool in unity editor so i can create round edges because i need to experiment with physics. (1 wheel should roll down and jump and i don't know where will it land and how to continue motion). Please help :D

2. SpacingStardust

SpacingStardust

Hey there Imarko, if you want to do those kind of objects, its rather simple. with the sprite you want, lets see something like http://prntscr.com/27c0gi that. Just add it to the hierarchy and with the object selected (Granted there are no other parts in the object), if you add a component called a Polygon Collider, it will add polygons to the sprite making it, like a hill, which should allow you to roll a ball down a hill.

If you add a wheel, add a circle collider and a rigidbody for physics and it will roll down

3. imarko

imarko

Thank you that is what I want, but will I be able to change quickly (adjust) without going to photoshop and redesign? It looks like in game bad piggies they use some kind of tool that is not image... Maybe I didn't understood you well, but I want to create these curves in unity, not by going in photoshop and changing curvature on image. I hope you understand and you can help me.

4. Ostwind

Ostwind

You are probably looking something like Ferr2D or RageSpline (asset store). When you are experienced enough you could make your own system that fits your work flow.