Search Unity

Official 2D Graphics (URP 12) released for Unity 2021.2

Discussion in '2D' started by rustum, Oct 25, 2021.

1. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

Hi @hawken! We have this in our backlog. It would super useful if you could share some examples of how you intend to use it in your projects. Also please tell me more about how the omission is painful today. These additional details help us implement it in the most useful way.

We appreciate the feedback as always!

2. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

NotaNaN likes this.
  3. RemDust

RemDust

Hey Lorenzo,
    Could you elaborate ?

I've been struggling for days trying to implement a "blur plane" in the 2D Renderer (2019.3.9).
    Are you saying that there is a setup that would work if I'm upgrading to 2021.2 ?

4. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

Correct, you need to upgrade unfortunately. I can't remember the exact version number, but can say for certain neither 2019 nor 2020 versions supported that feature. I have a project (2021.3) which uses the feature.

5. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

RemDust likes this.
  6. RemDust

RemDust

Thanks man, defo something to look into ! But to be honest after days of research I'm about to give up on creating this DoF effect. I'm not a shader expert and even good shader writers can't seem to make a proper blur shader for the 2D Renderer...

I think I'm just gonna go with baked blur sprites and try to load specific blur sprites depending on the Z coordonate :)