Search Unity

2D Game Kit Urgent

Discussion in '2D' started by kimalemard, Jan 9, 2019.

1. kimalemard

kimalemard

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using the 2D Game Kit to build my final project. For this project, we have to make a game that will be presented at a Game Expo this Friday morning. NBC News will be there so of course, I'm nervous. Which brings me to my problem. When I hit play to test my game, Ellen stand in her regular "idle" pose for a moment, then before the user can touch any keys she goes into her falling position. When this happens the user can only move sideways. When Ellen hits spikes she does her usual jump back for taking damage but then that animation just repeats in a jerky fashion, sometimes sending her into walls or more spikes and at this point, the user completely loses control. If she keeps hitting the spikes and dies, she respawns in glitch mode and just keeps dying causing the "game over" screen to come on even after no user input. Has this happened to anyone? I didn't really change anything but her color and footlight color and give her the ability to collect keys. Looking at the prefab and my instance they both look pretty much the same. There's only 1 scene since I couldn't figure out how to teleport her to other scenes for new levels.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

whatswrongwithellen.PNG