Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Valjuin

Valjuin

Main menu - > Window -> Package Manager -> Select 2D Tilemap Editor -> Install

2. unity_777457

unity_777457

I am a teacher. My lab is running Unity 18.7.3f1. My students have downloaded the 2D Game Kit. One student's kit has opened in Unity with perfection. The interface has a menu that includes Tutorials and Kit Tools. Another student has neither. This student is receiving an error code that reads, "Assembly has reference to non-existent assembly. We have tried multiple times over the last 2 days to get this kit to work. I hope you can tell us what is wrong. Please reply to this thread and if you could cc me karen.hockemeyer@gilroyunified.org.

3. hellofont

hellofont

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting with Unity, testing some things with the U2D kit.
    But I have a question that I can not solve, surely it is something very simple but I can't make it work.
    I would like to add a camera-shake effect when the main character hits an enemy, I have not found any explanation that works for me..

:(

4. ibrahemelraf3ee

ibrahemelraf3ee

i got 7 compile error upon improting the 2D gameKit

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(15,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessing' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Rendering' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(47,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessProfile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(162,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessLayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(161,21): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessVolume' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(43,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessProfile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(46,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessProfile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(160,22): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessVolume' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

5. TonanBora

TonanBora

So, I have been looking at the ranged enemies, and am trying to modify them to shoot in a streight line, instead of lobbed. The spitters continue to try to lob their projectile, and I cannot seem to find any reason for this. Is this built into their shoot behavior?

6. Juandapp

Juandapp

In the latest version to today 2019.2.7f2 has some bugs, the camera jumps. I hope what you can update, it's very good.

7. SlavomirDurej

SlavomirDurej

I have installed Unity version is 2019.2.7 , when I try to use Unity Hub 2.1.2 > Learn > Download this kit, and after it is downloaded I get Error message :

Is this Kit not compatible with the 2019.2 version of the Unity??

I had saved my Unity folder location here:

I really don't want to download another version of Unity (2019.1) just to be able to run this, specially since it's only .1 older than my current build :(

Artyom-Abgaryan likes this.
  8. sl1550

sl1550

Hello everybody! I have a problem with moving platforms. I'm drag'n'drop a platform to canvas, press "play" button, and I see, that platform not moving. When Ellen jumps to platform, she slides on it, but platform still not moving. How I can solve it? Is that a trouble with last Unity versions? Thanks!

9. iodog

iodog

In version 2019.2.6f1 the platform works. In the newer version 2019.2.8f1 it has the problem you described.

10. Zako18

Zako18

I have tried it in version 2019.2.6f1 and still the platform does not move. Initially I was using 2019.2.9.
    What next? Its a great tool if we can get to work!

11. Zako18

Zako18

I sorted it out.
    Select the MovingPlatform in project and go to RigidBody 2d On the small wheel on the right click RESET. Now it works in 2019.2.9!
    Hope this will help others.

12. Zako18

Zako18

I managed to finish the tutorial and I am most impressed! I wander if one can use his own sprites and textures in the tool. If not it would be a great update to the kit.

13. dheinEastPenn

dheinEastPenn

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

14. CBoesten

CBoesten

Wanted to start with the: '2D Game Kit Walkthrough'. First step: 'In the top menu, click Kit Tools'. I can't proceed because i do not have the Kit Tools menu, see attachment. What can I do to solve this problem?

capture.PNG

15. Seerfree

Seerfree

Hello, I was designing a level using the 2D game kit for class and somewhere along the way I seem to have accidentally deleted the HealthCanvas (and KeyCanvas I think), causing hearts to no longer display. I tried copy-pasting the HealthCanvas from another scene and dragging Ellen into the represented damageable slot but then it shows the hearts but doesn't decrease them when Ellen takes damage (I know that she's still taking damage because she can still die, the hearts just aren't updating). Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't have time to redo my scene as it's due for a project tomorrow...

16. wuqingman

wuqingman

Hello,I not find Window > 2D > Tile Palette? help me ! thanks
    unity version is:

Attached Files:

17. Valjuin

Valjuin

upload_2019-11-1_12-50-53.png

18. freaknaruto

freaknaruto

can someone help me how can i get the controls working in Android. I tried building it with android but nothing happened

19. wuqingman

wuqingman

20. wuqingman

wuqingman

Putting a MovingPlatform in the scene doesn't move automatically, why?

click play button, the MovingPlatform not move

Attached Files:

21. Starsat

Starsat

Try using the Package Manager and installing the 2D Tilemap Editor.

22. Valjuin

Valjuin

upload_2019-11-7_13-41-39.png

Edit:
    Zako18 said:
    (See Zako18’s posts above)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  23. Artyom-Abgaryan

Artyom-Abgaryan

@Aurore on learn site it says that this package has support for 19.2, can you help or ask someone @ unity to help ?
    upload_2019-11-11_23-52-21.png

24. Juandapp

Juandapp

Thanks for the 2nd Kit. I have 2 points. First of all, excuse my English, it's not good.

I was testing the minigame, the problem of the platform that moves from level2 has already been fixed, but the boss level platform still has problems, does not move, and if you get on it and crouch, the player will fall slowly like a waterfall. It was tested in 2019.2.12f1

The second thing I wanted to ask is, with this kit, can I create my own game and sell?

Attached Files:

25. wuqingman

wuqingman

26. Gravano

Gravano

Is anyone in this thread only using the 2D Gamekit to try and make sense of their scripting? Message me if you are & want to trade notes.

27. MaelstromHunter

MaelstromHunter

The Windows tab is missing the tile palette button in the 2D section for me. :(

28. Valjuin

Valjuin

Main menu - > Window -> Package Manager -> Select 2D Tilemap Editor -> Install

29. kory_toombs

kory_toombs

Why are there so many errors in this package?
    Not good for learning anything but frustration.

30. jonathanrbowman

jonathanrbowman

For some reason, after updating to 2019.2, making changes in the inspector don't seem to save. Specifically, the moving platform step of the tutorial, I'm able to add nodes, but when deleting them or making other changes, and clicking Play, the changes aren't reflected. Stopping gameplay and looking at the inspector shows the old values.

Any help? Thanks.

31. virgokid49

virgokid49

Please help the moving plate is moving in the editor when i press play but it's not showing up in the game view.