Search Unity

Unity 2D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Valjuin

Valjuin

Main menu - > Window -> Package Manager -> Select 2D Tilemap Editor -> Install

2. unity_777457

unity_777457

I am a teacher. My lab is running Unity 18.7.3f1. My students have downloaded the 2D Game Kit. One student's kit has opened in Unity with perfection. The interface has a menu that includes Tutorials and Kit Tools. Another student has neither. This student is receiving an error code that reads, "Assembly has reference to non-existent assembly. We have tried multiple times over the last 2 days to get this kit to work. I hope you can tell us what is wrong. Please reply to this thread and if you could cc me karen.hockemeyer@gilroyunified.org.

3. AnExerciseInFutility

AnExerciseInFutility

I have a question about CharacterController2D.cs
    The m_HitBuffer member is re-initialized in the end of CheckCapsuleEndCollisions method as follows:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             for (int i = 0; i < m_HitBuffer.Length; i++)
    2.             {
    3.                 m_HitBuffer[i] = new RaycastHit2D();
    4.             }
    Looks like creating new RaycastHit2D instances is a waste of objects that just creates work for the garbage collector.
    What about re-using an only-once-initialized (e.g. static class data member) object?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. RaycastHit2D NO_COLLIDER_RAYCASTHIT2D = new RaycastHit2D();
    Then
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             for (int i = 0; i < m_HitBuffer.Length; i++)
    2.             {
    3.                 m_HitBuffer[i] = NO_COLLIDER_RAYCASTHIT2D;
    4.             }
    Would that be OK or I am missing something fundamental here?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  4. hellofont

hellofont

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting with Unity, testing some things with the U2D kit.
    But I have a question that I can not solve, surely it is something very simple but I can't make it work.
    I would like to add a camera-shake effect when the main character hits an enemy, I have not found any explanation that works for me..

:(

5. ibrahemelraf3ee

ibrahemelraf3ee

i got 7 compile error upon improting the 2D gameKit

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(15,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessing' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Rendering' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(47,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessProfile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(162,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessLayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(161,21): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessVolume' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(43,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessProfile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(46,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessProfile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(160,22): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessVolume' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

6. TonanBora

TonanBora

So, I have been looking at the ranged enemies, and am trying to modify them to shoot in a streight line, instead of lobbed. The spitters continue to try to lob their projectile, and I cannot seem to find any reason for this. Is this built into their shoot behavior?