Search Unity

Official 2D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's ok. When I was in TilesetGameKit, I had to select the arrow symbol and in the inspector I found TilesetRockRules. It's working now.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Anyone tried getting Ellen to light up with a Point Light? Even when "everything" is selected to light, Ellen is not affected.

3. EsimioJ

EsimioJ

hi there
    I just downloaded the 2018.3 and strting the 2d game tutorial i got this errors:

[Auto Package] : Checking if required packages are included

UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

PackageChecker:CheckPackage() (at Assets/2DGamekit/Scripts/Editor/PackageManagerAssembly/PackageManagerAssembly/PackageManagerChecker.cs:30)

UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:processInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(28,6): error CS0012: The type 'Attribute' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(31,6): error CS0616: 'SaveDuringPlay' is not an attribute class

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(28,57): error CS0012: The type 'Enum' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(28,63): error CS0012: The type 'Enum' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(28,6): error CS0012: The type 'Enum' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(84,29): error CS0012: The type 'Enum' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(84,46): error CS0012: The type 'ValueType' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(82,33): error CS0012: The type 'Enum' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

help!!

4. gytarplyr07

gytarplyr07

I probably fat-fingered something at some point, but can someone PLEASE tell me how to get Ellen's health meter to show up on the screen again? It's present in every level EXCEPT for the one I am building. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  5. Xmblpb

Xmblpb

+1

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

In search of lighting up Ellen, I've taken away her chest and foot lights, added her to Layer LitSprites and played around with Sprite Renderer... but she still doesn't change colour!

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Done it. I created a new Material and chose Sprites>Diffuse. She now glows red when I've upped the Dropship light!

8. Yassire1

Yassire1

hello bro
    how did you manage to add screen controls and how did you relate them to the actual code ? trying to make this out!
    help me please!

9. NobleValerian

NobleValerian

I certainly feel like I'm more familiar with how this kit works, but I don't feel like I've learned hardly anything about Unity itself from this kit, or about building 2D games that aren't simple tweaks to this existing project.

10. aburleigh94

aburleigh94

Is there a reason why Ellen seems to "fall" off of sloped colliders? I'm trying to mess around with the new SpriteShape and no matter what I try she slips off of any edge or polygon colliders.

11. aburleigh94

aburleigh94

In case anyone else has this issue, it turned out i needed to set the SpriteShape layer to "Platform" so that the character knew it was grounded.

12. DustyDreamer

DustyDreamer

I have this Error Assets/2DGamekit/Scripts/Character/Editor/PlayerInputEditor.cs(17,45): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.PrefabUtility' does not contain a definition for `GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'
    when i tried to start scene

13. kenpusney

kenpusney

Thanks for your help.
    How to build the example game?

14. kenpusney

kenpusney

How to build the example game?

15. Shedokan

Shedokan

Couldn't find a place to report this, but when following step 6 I got an "index out of range" error in the Transition Point coming from the `SceneNameDrawer` class.

It seems the Setup() function loads all scenes including the deletes ones(seen on the screenshots in the tutorial), and then tried to split empty strings.
    I've come up with a solution to skip the non-enabled scenes like so.

Change the code from:
    EditorBuildSettingsScene[] scenes = EditorBuildSettings.scenes;

to:
    EditorBuildSettingsScene[] scenes = EditorBuildSettings.scenes.Where(x => x.enabled).ToArray();

EDIT: This might be the same as https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-game-kit-official-thread.517249/page-4#post-3575476 just feels like a more proper solution IMHO

16. developeration1

developeration1

Hey, I have a little of a problem here...
    Im totally new to Unity, so I'm trying to make all tutorials available and started with this one, however when it opens the project, it sends me all of this errors:
    upload_2019-1-7_20-18-58.png

It also says at the beggining of the "Getting Started" PDF that there should be at the top menu 3 buttons wich I dont find:

Tutorial image:
    upload_2019-1-7_20-21-58.png

My menu:
    upload_2019-1-7_20-22-25.png

¿Is there some way to fix this?

17. hylpetter

hylpetter

I don't have tool kits on the top menu

18. Jyricee

Jyricee

I am experiencing the same problem and can not seem to find the solution. It is supposedly to register collecting of the key automatically, could there be something in the scripting?

19. Iago-Theophilo

Iago-Theophilo

20. kimalemard

kimalemard

Hi, not sure if you've solved this yet but the Asset Store is under the Window tab. You should see Ctrl+9 to the right on the menu.

21. vorora

vorora

Hi! I tried to find out how do you disable player input while cutscene is showing (Zone 2, when got the key, for example). I searched on Timeline and scripts but still didn't find out how you do it.

Thanks.

22. bocal_a_anchois

bocal_a_anchois

+1 for me.
    Same error with Unity 2018.3.1f1 and Cinemachine 2.2.0 on Mac.

23. tengyuma

tengyuma

+1
    thank you for any help on these error messages! a bunch of cs0012 errors and a cs0616 error.
    I'm using macOS 10.14.2 with Unity 2018.3.0f2.
    Thanks!

24. Locomule

Locomule

I was just playing through, hadn't edited anything when I encountered a bug. I had reached this point in Zone 4 and was on the moving platform when the spitter hit me. I fell down onto the platform and lost as heart as expected but the player froze while laying on the ground and continued to ride along on top of the platform until the spitter hit me enough times to finish off my hearts. I tried pressing all kinds of keys but stayed frozen in the prone position while riding back and forth.
    Sorry if this is a known issue, I looked around for it a bit and didn't see it. I also went back and played through the same area some more times but the bug did not appear again, everything worked normally. The bug only occurred on my 1st attempt. I was not using the F12 options, I'd found my gear earlier while playing.
    (edit:not sure why my screenshot isn't showing? It appears when I edit the post, sorry)

25. Left4dead2igrat

Left4dead2igrat

Сant open 2d game kit from the past version to new one. Help to fix pls upload_2019-1-19_11-36-20.png

26. davidobado

davidobado

The script of the 2d kit is showing 100 errors. Am so comfused right now.

27. animelover1200

animelover1200

how can i bind keyboard keys to android touch buttons?? can i build this on android without perfromance lost?

28. Terror_Vision

Terror_Vision

First, let me day that these assets are absolutely beautiful and the entire package is truly fantastic. Great job on everything!

I am having a problem with the following instruction on Part 6.

I attempt to drag Ellen GameObject from the Hierarchy and into the Transitioning Game Object in the Transition Point (Script). The cursor changes as if it will allow me to drop the GameObject, but it does not actually add it to the script itself.

29. farazk86

farazk86

Is it possible to save the tilemap generated platforms as prefabs? I want to break out of the tile system and use the extracted prefabs in my game? I read that there was a way to extract the tiles to prefabs but was removed., Is that true?

30. JonQuxBurton

JonQuxBurton

Will not download. Gets stuck every time, before it reaches 30%. How do I download it?

31. ash_izu

ash_izu

Hi, I'm having trouble with using Teleport for 2D Game Kits. Can anyone help me? I'm using Unity 2018.3.3f1

32. thescorpinator

thescorpinator

HI there,
    I've recently downloaded the asset, I'm on mac OsX and tried it with unity 2018.2.20f1.

I don't see the "kit tools" toolbar, the scene is empty and I get 649 errors looking like:
    Rebuilding GUID cache: Deleting metadata Packages/com.unity.modules.unityanalytics because the asset doesn't exist anymore.
    MetaData path library/metadata/d6/d6c6a000a805f00649b36b542e8426c2

then 690 looking like:
    MethodAccessException: Method `UnityEditor.Analytics.AnalyticsSettings:get_enabledForPlatform ()' is inaccessible from method `UnityEditor.Analytics.AnalyticsImporter:<AnalyticsImporter>m__6 (UnityEditor.BuildTarget,System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1<string>)'

UnityEditor.Build.BuildDefines.GetScriptCompilationDefines (BuildTarget target, System.String[] defines) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/BuildPipeline/Editor/Managed/BuildDefines.cs:20)
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetCompilationDefines(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget, ApiCompatibilityLevel)
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetCompilationDefines(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/InternalEditorUtility.cs:424)
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:postprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[], String[])

What to do ? (I'm new to unity)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  33. thescorpinator

thescorpinator

Have you tried downloading it straight from the assetstore in unity ?

Attached Files:

34. JDawg

JDawg

Startup Error

Open Unity 2018.3.3f1 -> Learn Tutorials -> Start 2D Game Kit -> Picture below.

Attached Files:

35. JDawg

JDawg

Update: Open Unity 2018.3.3f1 -> Create New Project -> 2D w/ 2DGameKit as an extra.
    Opening successful. Resolved as a work around.

36. PhanTooom

PhanTooom

мне нужна ваша помощь, друзья. расскажите подробнее как скачать)

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

i am stuck in lesson 6 because when i drag ellen to the transitioning game object(in the transition point (script)) nothing change it still point to none game object i treid to drag ellen in unity 2018.3.2 and i download unity 2018.3.5 version because i think that the problem will solve but Unfortunately the problem still .
    this link of the gif vedio which shows the problem : https://media.giphy.com/media/9Y75wYAX3tX02g9D7k/giphy.gif

38. joegamer07

joegamer07

This is a great 2D game kit.
    I just built it on Android and it looks good too.

I'm trying to add the mobile touch controls now.
    I created a new TouchControlCanvas prefab. In it I put four arrows, a jump button, sword and action buttons.
    I'm adding a script to it that will call on these functions in the main player controller script.
    These are the scripts that I found would need to be modified in some way.

PlayerInput.cs (This one contains the input detection and resets the action)
    InputComponent.cs (This one seems to manage the input types keyboard, xbox. It has a list of input types, and keys etc.)

*CharacterController2D.cs (This one seems to be the one that has the actual player physical controls, etc)

Any help appreciated.

NOTE FOR UNITY:
    It would make the world a better place for us "Non Coding Designers" if we were able to use gui buttons on a canvas. Very much like the start screen. On the on click () we would link it to the player game object that already contains the control script, call on the function "Jump" and than reset back to false. We wouldn't need any new code :). It would just work out of the box in mobile. I think...I'm i missing something? I tried this, but it didn't work. It really is expecting input form a joystick or key board. I couldn't find a way to bypass the input device and just call the function.
    Is there a way to do this?

My thoughts are that there out put code is the same in all platforms.
    I just would like to be able to get to mobile faster.

Thanks

oughia and kavindubimsara like this.
  39. davcin

davcin

First, I am a complete noob in Unity.
    How do you use the Kit to make a new game?
    Without Elen, without the pre-existing assets.
    What I am missing?

40. richardc3d

richardc3d

Apologies for asking a common question, but the answer seems to vary depending on the source. Are we allowed to use specific assets from the game kits as assets in our own games, even for commercial purposes? I.e., could someone use the Ellen character as part of their own game? Or a piece of vegetation, or a crystal, or a door, or an animation taken directly from the game kits?

41. BeHedi89

BeHedi89

Hi, I have a problem to transport Ellen to another scene. I use Transition Point, but when I would like to change the setting I get something else then in the Tutorial and I can't transport Ellen to a different scene.

I see this: Képkivágás.PNG

Why I can't see this:
    Képkivágás1.PNG
    Can anyone help me with this? What is wrong?
    Thanks.

42. RaviVohra

RaviVohra

can i use its asset for making games for app and play store

43. JomppupomppuX

JomppupomppuX

I need some assets from the 2d Gamekit, but i have Unity 5.6, which is not convenient with the 2d game kit. Should I change to Unity 2017 or is there any other free choices to get simple 2d humans for my game

44. Wittman2019

Wittman2019

Hello:

I am new to Unity - very unexperienced. I downloaded Unity version 2018.3.8f1 and then downloaded the sample 2D Game Kit after watching the tutorial. Immediately after the kit loads, I get the following:

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 16.18.58.png

Then any attempt to run a game after creating a new scene generates the following:

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 16.22.21.png

MAC OS Mojave 10.14.3
    27" 5K Retina
    16 GB RAM
    Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB Graphics

Thanks for any help.

45. bedny93

bedny93

The same here. Would appreciate some help with this issue.

46. Dmitry_Konopelkin

Dmitry_Konopelkin

Hello!
    First of all I would to thank developers for the gamekit.

Luckily, I don't stuck on a technical issues, but there are others)

1. How to create cave-like background? Looks like it have to be made of TilemapGrid. There is one on a fourth zone, called Tilemap_BG. I tried to create the same 2D Object->Tilemap, but it didn't work.
    2. What is an elegant way to remove "keys" from inventory after event (teleportation, in my case)?
    3. There are MovingPlatforms on a fourth zone, with attached PressurePads. I tried to assemble them by myself but they don't work as should be: if Ellen press pad then platform start moving and Ellen doesn't. How to fix it?

Thanks for help,
    Dmitry.

Attached Files:

47. Stasoncheg

Stasoncheg

I have the exact same problem ! Has anyone solved this problem yet ?

48. militarybeetle

militarybeetle

God bless dude, I got the same problem but can't fix it.

Basically my problem is that when you go to drop in Ellen, the player, the script doesn't let you drop her in as the transitioning game object. I even went to the developer levels to see if I could delete Ellen from the transitioning game object and re-drag and drop her.

The script still refused to add her.

Note this problem doesn't happen when you transition within the same scene

Here's another thread with the same issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-...nsitionstart-issues-2018-3of2personal.606520/

Give us some love devs! Pretty please

49. Keeetrab

Keeetrab

Create a new project and download 2D Game Kit through asset store there. It seems that its broken when you do it through Unity Hub ->Learn->Tutorial Projects

50. leo_sasseron

leo_sasseron

How can i add double jump to Ellen?