Search Unity

[2D Game] John's Adventure

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Doctrina, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Doctrina

Doctrina

Dive deep, find treasure, fight against enemies and yourself.

2. Mwester

Mwester

Pretty cool looking. Looks like you have some nice flocking on the schools of fish.

3. Doctrina

Doctrina

Thanks

4. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Doctrina
    The music give me the feeling that I will never get back to the ground anymore. Haha. A quite good start, the art style reminds me of old Donkey Kong series underwater levels. It should looks more cooler if adding a twisting wave effects on background and animated distortion effect in front of camera. Keep it up.;)

Hope this little game-play video can inspire you something.

Extended version of this underwater music in high quality.
    Hope this music can brings you some inspiration too while designing your game.

5. Doctrina

Doctrina

Thanks a lot for materials we are big fans of Nintendo.

Twisting wave is a great idea. But distortion is a performance problem on mobile

6. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Yeah. Cheers.:cool:

You can make just a plane with particle effects to twist the background maybe. Current gen mobiles are growing quite advanced actually hence you can always try something special on it, quite fun. Because of this I also decided to gradually upgrading all my previous mobile art packs in Asset Store to suite current gen mobile average graphic quality.:cool:

I found this packages on Asset Store and tested on my mobile which runs on 60FPS for me. It's mesh effects with distortion effects. Hope this can help you out something.;)
    Link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/particles/spells/mesh-effects-67803