Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Experimental Preview Build 3 Raycast not detecting Triggers

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by histamine, Jan 30, 2017.

1. histamine

histamine

Hello there, this is my first post on these forums please don't be mean :p

I have been using the experimental preview build 3 for some time. I haven't encountered too many bugs. There is this small bug where the palette is not showing the tiles which gets solved by pressing ctrl+z. No big deal.
    The program crashed couple of times when working with particles, no big deal for me.
    But, I can't get Raycasts to detect trigger colliders no matter what I try. The Queries hit Triggers option is enabled in Physics2DSettings. I tried changing bunch of Physics2D settings, making new project just to test this. No luck whatsoever. Tried it on the 5.5 official version works like a charm.
    Does anyone else have this issue? Is it an official bug?

Thank you

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Can you try the latest release of preview#3 which was published earlier this month:

Mac Download Assistant
    Windows Download Assistant

This solved a problem where the 'legacy' physics queries i.e. the ones that do not use the 'ContactFilter2D' didn't correctly use 'Physics2D.queriesHitTriggers'. This update solved that issues. Of course, if you use physics queries that explicitly use 'ContactFilter2D' then you can set the 'ContactFilter2D.useTriggers' option yourself.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. histamine

histamine

Thank you very much. I believe I had the last version installed but I downloaded the 64bit version this time and it works!!!
    Thanks a lot!!
    BTW unrelated, this forum keeps logging me out automatically for no reason can you forward that to the guys from that department? :D

MelvMay likes this.
  4. castor76

castor76

Ok hold on here. So there was update to preview #3? I have been checking on the build everyday, but I thought nothing was changed. How can you even tell from the build page that there was an update? Isn't it the same build as last year?
    The build file name is the same. ?

5. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

@castor76
    Unfortunately you can't tell right now. So I've created a new post and stickied for Preview3 updates.